KMFDM Songs Pulled from PSN?

ricecakericecake Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Were the KMFDM songs ("A Drug Against War" and "Juke Joint Jezebel") pulled from the PSN store? I was not able to find them when I was updating my PS3 RBN spreadsheet.

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    They were pulled from the Xbox 360 store as well. No idea why.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    They're not even listed on the creators site. They've been out a long time, seems crazy to pull them now.
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    If it's true - a dirty shame, one of the coolest RBN tracks right there.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    That really odd. I own both and I still see them in the store, granted I'm on the Wii so yeah...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    I think Xbox users can use xbox.com to get them still, so they didn't pull them as much (?) as Guitar Sound.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    That sucks, Juke Joint Jezebel is what had me anticipating RBN on ps3 in the first place, HMX could always go back and release RB3 versions(probably not).
  • alicethesisteralicethesister Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    If you bought them already they should be in your download history on PS3. Or xbox.com as a previous poster mentioned (unless xbox works differently, I haven't had to do this yet)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    If the songs are pulled from the marketplace then you can no longer download them at all.

Even if they're in your download history. You can click download again and it'll tell you that we're sorry this item has been removed.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I still don't understand why Atomic and Bohemian Like You can be downloaded.
    edited April 2012
    That's because they were never officially released, but the owner of the account didn't delete or remove them from the marketplace.

When a song passes at creators it creates that xbox page to purchase them online. Then it kind of goes into that limbo state to make sure there's no missed issues from testing. If nothing is found then Harmonix 'officially' releases them by letting them populate the in game stores every Thursday. If a song has an issue and needs to be pulled then you have to go in to the song page on creators and unpublish it, then delete it.

If you don't do that then the song will still sit out there even if you never release it.

Once they're unpublished they can not be downloaded again (IE Guitar Sounds, and few others) even if you have previously purchased them. This is also why you can find test songs and chunks of songs from when Harmonix was testing the pipes. They passed at creators and created the xbox web pages, but were never 'officially' released. Not that you would want to buy these test songs as they're just bits and pieces of other songs, but I digress.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Hmm, why were they pulled and also why only on the other 2 consoles? I see them just fine and listed as 200 Wii Points a piece.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Weird thing is the owners of Bohemian Like You and Atomic probably got a royalty check at least once, so they must know it's available to download.

Unless they never set up their bank info, in which case Microsoft is just getting free money.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4708598 said:
    That's because they were never officially released, but the owner of the account didn't delete or remove them from the marketplace.

When a song passes at creators it creates that xbox page to purchase them online. Then it kind of goes into that limbo state to make sure there's no missed issues from testing. If nothing is found then Harmonix 'officially' releases them by letting them populate the in game stores every Thursday. If a song has an issue and needs to be pulled then you have to go in to the song page on creators and unpublish it, then delete it.

If you don't do that then the song will still sit out there even if you never release it.

Once they're unpublished they can not be downloaded again (IE Guitar Sounds, and few others) even if you have previously purchased them. This is also why you can find test songs and chunks of songs from when Harmonix was testing the pipes. They passed at creators and created the xbox web pages, but were never 'officially' released. Not that you would want to buy these test songs as they're just bits and pieces of other songs, but I digress.
    But they had to have been pulled in some capacity, otherwise like you said, they would've been added to the store, right?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2012
    DLCquickplay;4709037 said:
    Weird thing is the owners of Bohemian Like You and Atomic probably got a royalty check at least once, so they must know it's available to download.

Unless they never set up their bank info, in which case Microsoft is just getting free money.

Don't you have to hit a pretty high minimum balance before XNA generates a paycheck? It's possible that they've never hit it, since nobody outside the community would have seen the songs for sale.
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4709111 said:
    But they had to have been pulled in some capacity, otherwise like you said, they would've been added to the store, right?
    No since it passed review but the song owners probably told Harmonix that they didn't want them in the store, they were never officially added. Harmonix has to manually flip the switch every thursday to put the songs in the in game store. They probably told Harmonix don't release them, but never unpublished them. Which is why they're still online but not in the store.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LuigiHann;4709142 said:
    Don't you have to hit a pretty high minimum balance before XNA generates a paycheck? It's possible that they've never hit it, since nobody outside the community would have seen the songs for sale.
    Yeah, $150. Not to mention you only get 30%, so the song has to sell at least $500 worth
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    This sucks
  • edited April 2012
    TubaDude49;4709156 said:
    Yeah, $150. Not to mention you only get 30%, so the song has to sell at least $500 worth

How much do they get from PS3 sales? Does Microsoft get a cut of that also?
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4709172 said:
    How much do they get from PS3 sales? Does Microsoft get a cut of that also?

Same, replace Microsoft with Sony.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Harmonix gets $.70 off the dollar and splits that with Microsoft in an unknown way.
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4709207 said:
    Harmonix gets $.70 off the dollar and splits that with Microsoft in an unknown way.

There's actually a special conversion rate to account for discounted points, so a little less.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Both songs were $3, they only needed to sell a combined 167 copies in the 2 years they've been "available" to hit $150, which I would be very surprised if they didn't.
  • alicethesisteralicethesister Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Juke Joint Jezebel still shows up fine via PS3 download history on the PS store. *shrug*
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    alicethesister;4710767 said:
    Juke Joint Jezebel still shows up fine via PS3 download history on the PS store. *shrug*

Yep. I've never seen any download that was completely removed, like the Xbox Marketplace does. As soon as you download it, it goes into your download history, and can always be re-downloaded.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    both songs are on the pending list on the Rhythm Authors website