This game could totally have boss battles

LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
edited May 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Now, there are about 30 good reasons why Rock Band proper shouldn't have boss battles. But Blitz? Blitz is a game with giant pinballs and rocket launchers. You could totally fight a boss using giant pinballs and rocket launchers. It's also easy to picture a boss having attacks that you have to dodge by avoiding a certain track, or projectiles that you have to reflect back by moving into a certain track at the right time, and depending on the other powerups that haven't been shown yet there may be other clever elements that could be exploited to have a sense of combat without sacrificing the overall goal of hitting as many music notes as possible over the course of the song.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    But the powerups so far are for breaking notes.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, and they would still do that. It would just be a matter of having some kind of animated boss character flying around over the note chart and your goal would be to deploy powerups in the track that he's closest to so that you do damage to him while also hitting notes
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Violence is not the answer.
    edited April 2012
    Even against fire-breathing golems who pose a threat to the people of Rock City?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    I always wanted boss battles in the Rock Band games, and I haven't thought about it for Blitz. One word... YES!

As in I agree, not the band.
    edited April 2012
    Awww, look at Cipher trying to make references.
    edited April 2012
    I was? o-o
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    As long as they're better than GH3's boss battles.
    edited April 2012
    Well, that's what I'm thinking. Boss battles are totally out of place in a music simulation game. But they're totally... in place... in an arcadey rhythm/action game.
  • edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4708106 said:
    I was? o-o

You weren't?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I think the power-ups you described would be great if used in a competitive multiplayer mode. Kind of reminds me of the multiplayer power-ups in Amplitude like the Bumper and Crippler. And it'd also be cool if you could choose the computer as an opponent for multiplayer in that scenario (in case you have no one else to play with).

Not really a fan of the animated boss part of the idea though.
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4708213 said:
    You weren't?
    Nooooooooo...
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    If so, I would totally get the Mz.Ruby boss theme from Sly Cooper and the Thevius Racconus and release it.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Wonder if future DLC would have boss battles. And also how that'd work with RBN. I personally would love to program in a "boss" for my own songs. Because they weren't bats*** insane enough.
  • edited April 2012
    skyp1e;4708011 said:
    Violence is not the answer.

If it isn't, it means you're asking the wrong questions.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LuigiHann, you know that already exists, right? It's called "Ziltoid the Omniscient." :rolleyes:
  • DrilnothDrilnoth Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    DavyinaToga;4710130 said:
    LuigiHann, you know that already exists, right? It's called "Ziltoid the Omniscient." :rolleyes:

Now if only we could fight him on the PS3...

It's a shame only two tracks have made it over, and that "ZTO", which is essential to set up the plot, probably will never come to the PS3 since it was RBN 1.
  • looped-feedbacklooped-feedback Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    It would be awesome if you can battle online and per split-screen against your friends.There is a lack of competive gameplay in Rock Band 3.
    :)
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Magnet;4708470 said:
    I think the power-ups you described would be great if used in a competitive multiplayer mode. Kind of reminds me of the multiplayer power-ups in Amplitude like the Bumper and Crippler. And it'd also be cool if you could choose the computer as an opponent for multiplayer in that scenario (in case you have no one else to play with).
    This conjures up images of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, which would be awesome fun.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4708090 said:
    I always wanted boss battles in the Rock Band games
    What is wrong with you?

As for this idea of yours, I agree with Magnet. Great for multiplayer, not so amazing as singleplayer option.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    There doesn't seem to be any sort of story mode, so boss battles wouldn't make any sense.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4739283 said:
    There doesn't seem to be any sort of story mode, so boss battles wouldn't make any sense.

Then just add zombies. SOLVED!
    edited May 2012
    I was thinking that boss encounters could be triggered by the same events that trigger the powerup unlocks. So whenever you get to the point when you unlock the pinball powerup, for instance, you play a boss fight that sort of trains you to use it, and then once you beat that fight the item is unlocked for regular play.
  • CCGPheonixCCGPheonix Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    There were boss battles in LRB.

BOOM

Not sure how that's related, but BOOM
    edited May 2012
    CCGPheonix;4745411 said:
    There were boss battles in LRB.

BOOM

Not sure how that's related, but BOOM
    There were zero boss battles. There were custom backgrounds.