Bringing back rbnstuff.com -- if you guys are willing to help me out

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys,

I took down rbnstuff.com when I got to college because, frankly, I didn't have near enough time to keep it updated.

I would like to, with your help and participation, bring it back for a while. This semester, I am starting a web design class, and so it'd be nice to have a website I can mess with to apply what I've learned.

I'd like to see you guys rate songs you've played, bought, tested, etc. You can rate by instrument and/or by the song in general (as before) and these ratings will allow others to search through recent releases for songs they may find fun, based on others' reviews. Also, feel free to also use this as a means for purchasing songs and downloading trials.

On top of that, I wouldn't mind if you guys pointed out bugs, inconsistencies, or things you'd like to see me add, as I will be using this as an application and practice area for myself.

I've got the back-catalogue up to about 250 songs or so, but all the information is really only there for the last 20 or so (feel free to rate old songs that you've played, but I wouldn't expect a lot of tiering information, preview videos, or album artwork for old songs). I wouldn't expect to use this website as anything but viewing and rating recently released songs.

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4709034 said:

I'd like to see you guys rate songs you've played, bought, tested, etc. You can rate by instrument and/or by the song in general (as before) and these ratings will allow others to search through recent releases for songs they may find fun, based on others' reviews. Also, feel free to also use this as a means for purchasing songs and downloading trials.

http://dlcquickplay.com/music.php ?

(I actually like anything used to promote RBN, and you had some cool stuff like the interviews. I'm not against it or anything, just sayin'.)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell the idea of how unique this site is or anything. If I felt it had a special and well-executed purpose, I would have probably put a little more work into keeping it functional while I was busy.

But this is, for the most part, something I am doing to help myself learn, and I'd much rather practice on a site that people use and interact with than... I dunno, some self-fulfilling website that no one ever looks at.

EDIT: Although, if you have any ideas on how to make this website uniquely functional by adding certain features, that would definitely be something I'd be willing to put time into.