The 90's was the greatest decade ever pal.

Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
edited April 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
No offense to the people who were born after the 2000 bruther. I feel sorry for you bruther. You missed out on the greatest decade ever bruther. Music was at it's prime dude, tv shows was at is prime bruther, video game wars was at it's prime dude, wrestling was at it's prime dude, being outside was at it's prime bruther and most of all dude. Hogan was at his prime dude.

Everything in the 90's just seemed better pal. When I would get home from school dude, I would go outside with my friends and have fun until the sun went down dude. We were mad when we would see the street light come on bruther because we knew we had to go inside. Everyone just got along better dude.

You wanna talk video games pal. Super Mario bros. on snes. N64, Pilotwings dude, Goldeneye dude. The introduction of the playstation bruther. The invention of Twisted Metal pal, Resident Evil dude, Silent Hill pal, Road Rash pal. This was a kids heaven pal. There was always something to do on the weekends pal, whether it was going to the lake to have fun bruther, or sit in the house and play some Twisted Metal pal. Life was more enjoyable back in the 90's dude.

You had your favorite radio station in the 90's dude. There wasn't computers, Ipods, Ipads bruther. You either had the cassette tape pal, CD dude, or you heard it on the radio pal. In the 90's bruther you didn't have to change the radio station pal, everything they played was epic bruther. I wil admit bruther. Computers started to become popular at the end of the 90's bruther.

You like watching Tv in the 90's bruther. You had MTV pal. When MTV actually played music dude. MTV used to be awesome pal. Celebrity Deathmatch dude. Beavis and Butthead pal. Music up to your ears pal. I was really Music Televsion pal. Behind the Music pal. Anyone remember that dude?

WWF, WCW and ECW wars pal. Just about everyone I knew in the 90's knew a wrestler, whether you watched it or not bruther. The Attitude era pal. I watched WCW more than I did WWF in the 90's pal. There's was none of this crap they have now bruther. WWE. Really bruther? TNA? Really bruther? It's just not the same brutehr.

What about the movies in the 90's pal? Wayne's World dude, Braveheart pal. Home Alone dude, Titanic dude, Stephan Kings The Stand pal. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 pal. The city of ooze pal.

TV Shows in general pal. Goosebumps pal, Power Rangers dude, In Living Color pal. I watched it all. From cartoons to Saturday Night Live pal. Saturday Night Live and In Living Color were the most funniest shows of all time bruther. Jim Carrey was at his prime in those shows dude.

Of course there was tragedy too bruther. Tupac, Kurt Cobain, Chris Farley, etc. People in their prime cut short bruther.

I miss the 90's bruther. If I could go back to the 90's I wouldn't do it pal. I wouldn't wanna change anything about my childhood bruther. I grew up in a time when everything was epic pal. The 90's rocked pal. In everything dude.

Anyone agree pal?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Remember in the 00's how everyone thought the 80's were the best? And in the 20's everyone will think the 00's was the best.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4709201 said:
    Remember in the 00's how everyone thought the 80's were the best? And in the 20's everyone will think the 00's was the best.

I'm always a decade behind, I'm just now starting to like 80s stuff.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    don't live in the past.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited April 2012
    Ahhh, yeah! The 90's were off the hook! Remember when in 95 Sextus Julius Frontinus was appointed superintendent of the aqueducts (curator aquarum) in Rome. At least 10 aqueducts supply the city with 250 million US gallons (950,000 m3) of water per day, the public baths used half the supply. That sh** was dope!

Or when in 97 Chinese general Ban Chao ordered his lieutenant, Gan Ying, to establish regular relations with the Parthians? I was like, word!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2012
    Fvck yeah! Both the first and second Franco-Dahomean wars were fierce, but nothing compared to the Lepar War on Kaua'i. Then of course the Dreyfus Affair had everybody tuning in to see what happened.
    I also remember driving my first Benz Velo (it may have only gone 15mph, but damn it had the slickist sliding gear transmission). You guys remember the discovery of "X-rays"... yeah right...sure you can see through stuff. You wanna talk sports? Nothing beat that first modern olympics, right? And don't forget the Fitzsimmons fighting his way up the ranks to win the light, middle and heavyweight titles. Awesome. And you wanna talk about fun...how about all those ragtime dances at the night clubs? Man I do miss the '90's. Good call Hulkster!
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    I will agree that TV and Video games were better in the 90s... but in my opinion 90s music is the worst.... I am glad I grew up listening to classic rock radio stations
    edited April 2012
    BachiG;4709253 said:
    You wanna talk sports? Nothing beat that first modern olympics, right?

Well, the first futuristic robot Olympics will give it a run for it's money. The 5000 mile dash will finish with a photo finish.
  • edited April 2012
    Lawdog1521;4709264 said:
    Well, the first futuristic robot Olympics will give it a run for it's money. The 5000 mile dash will finish with a photo finish.

I hope they test for robosteroids.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    firedoom666;4709257 said:
    but in my opinion 90s music is the worst.... I am glad I grew up listening to classic rock radio stations
    I spent the 80's listening to classic rock stations. The 90's were when I started listening to metal, which lead to back tracking into metal from past decades that classic rock stations never played. The same process was spent on alternative, industrial, and goth rock. How I see it, the 1990's were the time where I started my path to becoming the music buff/metal elitist I am today (for better or worse)
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    No decade can be called "the greatest decade ever," though I'd entertain the notion that certain particularly traumatic decades could qualify as the worst ever. When one thinks about a decade as the greatest, though, it's because his or her perception is skewed by a (at-the-time) simplistic worldview that fails to understand the complexities of the world around the individual, thereby forming memories that are biased towards making things better than they were.
  • edited April 2012
    The Roaring 20's was the best decade ever.
    edited April 2012
    Those decades where the Norse Vikings were ruling over Europe were pretty awesome.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    firedoom666;4709257 said:
    I will agree that TV and Video games were better in the 90s... but in my opinion 90s music is the worst.... I am glad I grew up listening to classic rock radio stations

EDIT: Actually i forgot about the autotuned pop/screamo metal mess we are growing up in now, 90s is 2nd worse.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Movies were better back then because Surf Ninjas has long since faded into obscurity. Music was better because people forget how much more popular Macarena was than their favourite songs.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4709353 said:
    EDIT: Actually i forgot about the autotuned pop/screamo metal mess we are growing up in now, 90s is 2nd worse.

well my two most hated bands are Pearl Jam and Nirvana.... so it is safe to say I hate 90s music (even though the first Ayreon albums was released in 1995)
  • edited April 2012
    firedoom666;4709448 said:
    well my two most hated bands are Pearl Jam and Nirvana.... so it is safe to say I hate 90s music (even though the first Ayreon albums was released in 1995)

The 90s had a ton of great prog. It's what kept me alive back then, because I generally don't care for the more mainstream music like grunge of that era.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited April 2012
    Hogan, Hogan, Hogan. The greatest decade of music is undeniably (IMO anyway) the 70's. The sheer variety - Motown, Hard Rock, Ballad Rock, Southern Rock, Punk Rock, The beginning of New Wave, Hippy Rock, Pop Rock, Prog Rock, Lots of Hit Show Tunes, Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Chuck Mangione Jazz, Jazz/Rock and the list goes on.

Will cite examples upon request
  • edited April 2012
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4709468 said:
    It feels so good.

To feel so numb?
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Whatevs. As long as I got my chain wallet and my Fireball yo-yo, I'm good. Tight.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    It's not that 90'2 were so awesome, it's that the 80's were so dreadful.
    edited April 2012
    Dadasaurus Rex;4709467 said:
    Hogan, Hogan, Hogan. The greatest decade of music is undeniably (IMO anyway) the 70's. The sheer variety - Motown, Hard Rock, Ballad Rock, Southern Rock, Punk Rock, The beginning of New Wave, Hippy Rock, Pop Rock, Prog Rock, Lots of Hit Show Tunes, Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Chuck Mangione Jazz, Jazz/Rock and the list goes on.

In that list of music I don't see any Viking Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Funeral Doom Metal, Symphonic Metal, or Folk Metal; music styles that either got their start in the 90's or hit their stride in the 90's. ;)

I will say that the 70's did have the early days of Metal.
    Der_Lex;4709457 said:
    The 90s had a ton of great prog. It's what kept me alive back then, because I generally don't care for the more mainstream music like grunge of that era.

I found that the better Grunge albums were either released before those bands got on the major labels (I.E. in the late 80's) or were released by bands that didn't get mainstream attention. Then again, I tend to prefer underground or at least not too mainstream music.
    lvmathemagician;4709655 said:
    I blame Ronald Reagan for a chunk of that.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    90's be poppin.

1790's.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    The 90s are my year in cartoons.

The 80s probably has the better music though.
    edited April 2012
    lvmathemagician;4709655 said:

I actually like 80s movies and music better, but i hate grunge and 90s alternative. 90s punk was awesome though.
    edited April 2012
    Dadasaurus Rex;4709467 said:

Wasn't the 70s when wrestling was awesome too? Hogan should know this!

*Got confused it's the 80s, thank you wiki*
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    The '70s had the best music.

The '80s had the best video games.

The '90s had the best Internet.

The 2010s have the best fashions.

Seriously, fashion never seems to date very well, at least not until it comes back around again, which currently the '60s seem to be doing.
    edited April 2012
    FujiSkunk;4711456 said:
    Seriously, fashion never seems to date very well, at least not until it comes back around again, which currently the '60s seem to be doing.

60's and 70's fashion was coming back around in the 90's. 80's fashion has been back in one form or another for most of the past 10 years. One would assume that 90's fashion would be back in style at some point this decade. When that happens, I'll have my Doc Martens, Flannel shirt, Military Cargo Pants, Matrix-esque shades, and Black Trench Coat ready.