Recommend me some Xbox 360 multiplayer games

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited April 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Don't want my Gold to go to waste. Right now RB3 is all it's good for, and that's awesome, but I wouldn't mind branching out a bit. Any games out there with red-hot multiplayer that are still serviceable as single-player games? Xbox exclusives are nice too, otherwise I'm not sure why I shouldn't get it for PS3. And army-themed first-person shooters need not apply.

Otherwise, lay the suggestions on me.

Comments

• JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Have you tried the ME3 multiplayer yet?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Tried, and completed. It incentivizes quitting. Which is a shame, because it's really fun, but if I log on to it again my Galactic Readiness will drop 20%, because shock and horror, I don't play it every day nor do I want to. Really a design oversight on their part, though I guess add it to the list at this point.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    I understand the Assassin's Creed (Brotherhood/Revelations) multiplayer is pretty good.

My Gold subscription doesn't get put to much use outside Rock Band, voice chat, DotW and YouTube. Stupid having too many other things to do and not being in everyone else's time zone.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited April 2012
    +1 on ME3 MP

Also, I have not played its MP, but Red Dead Redemption is an awesome game that you should play if you haven't already.
    edited April 2012
    LoopyChew;4709658 said:
    I understand the Assassin's Creed (Brotherhood/Revelations) multiplayer is pretty good.
    I already have both for PS3. I agree that they're a great MP game.
    topperharley;4709659 said:
    +1 on ME3 MP
    Even with the losing 1% galactic readiness every day? I mean, that's just crappy as far as I'm concerned. Enough to incentivize me into not connecting anymore.
    topperharley;4709659 said:
    Also, I have not played its MP, but Red Dead Redemption is an awesome game that you should play if you haven't already.

Ahh, that's an idea.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Do you like Racing games?
  • edited April 2012
    I cant really think of any that still have an active player base. My favorite fps online multiplayer was Bioshock 2 but it was hard to find a game a month after it came out so I cant imagine that has many people anymore. Left 4 Dead is also great but again the most recent one, L4D2, came out like 3 years ago (I'd still recommend it though). Halo is okay, not my favorite, but it still has tons of people playing so you can always find a game.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Castle Crashers, and Battlefield Bad Company 1.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited April 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4709757 said:
    Even with the losing 1% galactic readiness every day?

I don't think it can drop below 50%, and it really doesn't matter in the end what level your galactic readiness is. Not in any significant way, anyway.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Halo: Reach. Plebeian answer, but there you go.
    edited April 2012
    topperharley;4709778 said:
    I don't think it can drop below 50%, and it really doesn't matter in the end what level your galactic readiness is. Not in any significant way, anyway.

50% is the baseline, yeah. This number itself doesn't matter, but the Effective Military Strength does, and if it's at 50% your EMS is gonna be in the tank. Having it low like that does affect the ending. And if there's one thing I sure don't need, it's ME3's ending being even worse than it already was. And that's the end of discussion about ME3 in this thread :)

Thanks for the suggestions all, keep'm coming.
    edited April 2012
    Cubecubed;4709762 said:
    Do you like Racing games?

Enough to take recommendations :)
    edited April 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4709803 said:
    Enough to take recommendations :)

Forza 4. Best Racing game of all time, IMO. Great MP, as well.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Not at all a fan of sports games, but Fifa 12 has a ridiculously in-depth single player and MP. Most soccer games do.

Also, if action RPGs are more your speed, Lord of The Rings: War In The North is fun.
    edited April 2012
    Cubecubed;4709853 said:

I'll check it out :)
    Runesmith;4709940 said:
    Not at all a fan of sports games, but Fifa 12 has a ridiculously in-depth single player and MP. Most soccer games do.
    Hahaha, yeaaaaaaaah right.
    Runesmith;4709940 said:
    Also, if action RPGs are more your speed, Lord of The Rings: War In The North is fun.

That's a good possibility, thanks.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited April 2012
    Best arcade games I've played with Multiplayer are:

-- Frogger (Me and a friend were aiming for achievements, which makes it X times more fun when you eff up)
    -- Castle Crashers (Already mentioned)
    -- Bubble Bobble (nostalgic value and enough to kill time. Then again, I just absolutely love this game.)

Best Regular Titles Are:

-- Left 4 Dead 2 (Abuse the glitches to finish the expert campaigns)
    -- GTA 4 (Probably already own)

I can't think of any more off hand, those are my main 3 (RB is third).

All I've ever used PS3 MP for was LBP2, which games would you suggest?
  • edited April 2012
    Bubble Bobble is on the XBLA??!?!! How did I not know that!?!

Damn! Its been there since 2009. I need to get that
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/BUBBLE-BOBBLE-Neo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109b0
    edited April 2012
    Bastion is one of the best 360 exclusives regardless of the fact it is an XBLA game. No MP, but an amazing game, period.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4710929 said:
    Bubble Bobble is on the XBLA??!?!! How did I not know that!?!

Damn! Its been there since 2009. I need to get that
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/BUBBLE-BOBBLE-Neo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109b0

Hell yeah, enjoy the madness! Glad somebody else enjoys good gaming.
  • candysellcandysell Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    You can get Gothom City Imposters. Pretty fun game. It's an arcade game.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    Borderlands

that is all
  • edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4711477 said:
    Borderlands

that is all
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Dead Island too. It's Borderlands with zombies.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Bioshock 2 did have good multiplayer out of nowhere.

Shadow Complex has competing leaderboards. It's not online and you don't need Gold, should get the game, though.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Cubecubed;4709853 said:

I second this 100x over. Love this game.

Other than that and Castle Crashers, I can't think of any XBox exclusive games that are fun with MP. Lindwurm and I have been playing Soul Calibur 5, and it has incredible netcode for a fighting game.
  • pizzzapizzapizzzapizza Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    what about burnout paradise?
  • gintoki55gintoki55 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Don't know if you're into fighting games, but BlazBlue is a great series. If you don't want to shell out so much money, Skullgirls is a much cheaper fighter that just recently came out. The game looks great, but I don't know off the top of my head if it has online multiplayer.

Other than that, stick with the stuff that's been mentioned already... Castle Crashers is good fun, I hear good things about Forza all the time, Halo is great, etc...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    pizzzapizza;4711977 said:
    what about burnout paradise?
    Great suggestion pizza, but you have to download a really big update and I'm not sure if SheSaid has a DL cap or limited hard drive space.
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4712011 said:
    Great suggestion pizza, but you have to download a really big update and I'm not sure if SheSaid has a DL cap or limited hard drive space.

limited HD space, so i wouldn't actually recommend Arcade games as well
  • pizzzapizzapizzzapizza Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4712011 said:

or they can buy it in a store (no offense to anyone at all)
    edited April 2012
    pizzzapizza;4712059 said:
    or they can buy it in a store (no offense to anyone at all)

first off, that is not offensive in anyway.
    and you need to download an update for the game itself (so after you already bought the game) in order to be able to play it online.

not blaming you for not knowing that seeing as you dont have your console attached to the internet