In Memorium - Dick Clark

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited April 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
It's been announced that American Bandstander Dick Clark has passed away. Clark hosted the show from 1956 to 1989, introducing hundreds of new musical artist. Clark was also well known for hosting the annual New Years eve New York ball dropping celebration and as the host for many other shows such as game shows and "blooper" shows.

We'll miss ya, Dick. RIP.

The List of acts his show promoted or even gave a start to is mind-boggling.

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    Wow somebody who actually died recently... I don't know what to say, I spent all my energy grieving Davy Jones again for MRNINJA.

RIP Dick.
  • boodeanboodean Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    R i p mr.clark you will be missed
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited April 2012
    He will always be remembered. Roll Tide.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited April 2012
    Jeez ....Another great one. RIP Dick, you helped make the world a better place.
  • edited April 2012
    Can't say its surprising but it is sad.
    RIP
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Hard to believe he was only 82.

He is probably setting up one heck of a concert at the great gig in the sky.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    he may be only 82, but he looked and sounded like he was 100.

Prince Philip is next, methinks.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2012
    I did think it was rather strange that he still did the New Year party after the stroke. Made it somewhat awkward to watch to be honest.

Oh well, rest in peace.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    I'm not even gonna quote that DWB. That's just wrong on every level.

I mainly knew Dick Clark as the host of the 'Pyramid' game shows (I'm a bit of a game show geek). Never really watched any of those New Year's shows, and Bandstand was before my time. He truly was the world's oldest teenager....until that stroke. He should have just retired from the public eye at that time.

(Memoriam is misspelled....sorry, but this kind of thing just irritates the crap out of me)
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited April 2012
    RIP seet, seet Dick.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    BachiG;4711956 said:
    I did think it was rather strange that he still did the New Year party after the stroke. Made it somewhat awkward to watch to be honest.

Oh well, rest in peace.

A stroke that didn't crush his spirit to have a great time. That's saying something and that definitely deserved his title as "The World's Oldest Teenager". I respect him for that.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2012
    It's a sign of the apocalypse.

Without Dick Clark to count us into 2013, that only leaves Ryan Seacrest to do it. Since Ryan was terrible at math in school, he counts us into 2011, throwing the universe into a time loop which shreds the space-time continuum forever!

But in all seriousness, it is sad that Dick Clark died. While I'm not old enough to remember "American Bandstand", my family did watch his New Year's Eve special every year while I was growing up and it's just not going to have the same feel to it. He had a charisma and charm that no other TV personality has today.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4713163 said:
    A stroke that didn't crush his spirit to have a great time. That's saying something and that definitely deserved his title as "The World's Oldest Teenager". I respect him for that.

There's no denying that.

I do still find it somewhat weird (is that the right word?) when someone's primary job is to be able to clearly communicate has a bit of a challenge going about it. It's not bad, matter of fact it's awesome that they could overcome. But I do find myself inadvertantely noticing it. I feel the same way, for example, watching Lou Holtz during his Dr. Lou segments.

BTW, don't mean to hijack this thread with this off topic discussion.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    RockBandRocker;4714084 said:
    It's a sign of the apocalypse.

Without Dick Clark to count us into 2013, that only leaves Ryan Seacrest to do it. Since Ryan was terrible at math in school, he counts us into 2011, throwing the universe into a time loop which shreds the space-time continuum forever!

But in all seriousness, it is sad that Dick Clark died. While I'm not old enough to remember "American Bandstand", my family did watch his New Year's Eve special every year while I was growing up and it's just not going to have the same feel to it. He had a charisma and charm that no other TV personality has today.

So true! and the seacrest thing made me LOL.
    :P