Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 4/24 - Cinderella 3 Pack

edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4709719 said:
Hey gang,

One of hard rock’s most successful bands during the 1980s, Cinderella has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide. On April 24th, a three pack of songs from this multi-platinum band is headed to the Rock Band Music Store!

“Nobody’s Fool,” Cinderella’s second single from its triple platinum debut, Night Songs, kicks off the pack. The power ballad “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone),” off of 1998’s Long Cold Winter, was the band’s most successful single. The song will be available as part of the three pack, with an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass Upgrade. Closing out the pack will be “Shelter Me,” the lead single from 1990’s Heartbreak Station.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (April 24th , 2012):

• Cinderella – “Nobody’s Fool” O
• Cinderella – “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)” O X
• Cinderella – “Shelter Me” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Cinderella Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™ , 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**
hmxhenry;4709843 said:
This week's RBN release features songs from Anarchy Club, Dante's Dream, and Raggedy Angry on Xbox 360, all a deal at just 80 MSP! Songs by artists including Blackguard, Machinae Supremacy, and Rishloo are coming to PS3.

Here are the Rock Band Network releases that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 4/19/2012:

Alternative

Heart Pharmacy - "California" (160 MSP)

Metal

Anarchy Club - "Riddle Me This" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "IndoctriNation (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Dante's Dream - "Gamers Unite" (80 MSP)
Raggedy Angry - "Take Me Home" (80 MSP)
Sherryce and DJ Jounce - "Ooh La La" (160 MSP)

Punk

Close Your Eyes - "Keep the Lights On" (160 MSP)

Rock

Seven Day Sonnet - "Farewell to Good Days" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/24/2012 (North America):

Blackguard - "Firefight" ($1.99) - Metal
Machinae Supremacy - "Rocket Dragon" ($1.99) - Metal
Miracle of Sound - "Gordon Freeman Saved My Life" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Rishloo - "Keyhole in the Sky" ($0.99) - Prog
Rishloo - "Feathergun in the Garden of the Sun" ($0.99) - Prog

Here's a bit of Disney trivia for you: the ball that Cinderella attended was actually a Headbanger's Ball. True story. Discuss!

Comments

• HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Interesting. I didn't really care that much for Cinderella...but I do like, "Dont Know What You've Got Till It's Gone"....so I will at least be getting that.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Who?

I've never heard this band's songs. Oh well, pass. I'll view the trailer when I get home.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    When I saw the name Cinderella, I was in so much shock that I was sure there had to be another band of that name. This is a complete and welcome shocker! :)
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Ugly step-sisters unite!
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Definitely getting Don't Know What You Got, need to check out the other 2 songs though.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    I imagine a lot of people are gonna be having a "oh, THESE guys" moment.

Whether that will be followed with a pleasant or entirely unpleasant reaction will probably wildly vary.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    None of these songs sound familiar, will have to listen to the preview to see what I think, because I do enjoy me some hair metal from time to time
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    drhans;4713592 said:
    I like DLC surprises like this.

Yep, an obvious-in-hindsight name that I don't think a lot of people were anticipating at all.

And fun fact, they're still touring. Their last studio album was 18 years ago, but still touring.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    :D

Nice. About time we got back to some classic(er) stuff.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Holy crap I never thought we'd see Cinderella in this game.

THANK YOU HARMONIX!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Is this what I would have really really wanted? Not even close.

But did just reading the titles of those songs cause them to start playing in my head, like echoes of a misspent youth? Yep.

So is this better in my view than any HMX DLC in the past month? Oh hell yes. Will buy day 1.
  • edited April 2012
    Not my favorite but much better then the last 4 weeks. I'm definitely get Don't Know What You Got (Til Its Gone)
  • SukergodSukergod Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    HMX, you need to fix the year that Long Cold Winter came out. It was in 1988 not 1998 :)
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Hmm. Depends on the drum charts.

Does anyone remember that one really...ahem, vocal forumgoer with the Detroit Lions avatar a few years ago who only listened to hair metal? Bet he's happy.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    This is hilarious.

Getting all three of course :-D Two unbelievably cheesy power ballads, and Shelter Me is just over the top. I'm 13 again :-D
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Time to bust out that keyboard!

All over this pack. Could have used a little Gypsy Road, but that's all right HMX. You done good!
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4713590 said:
    This is the most indifferent I could be for a week of DLC.

Yeah, Dog about summed up my reaction as well. May concider picking up Nobody's Fool purely for nastalgia sake, but even that's a long shot. Congrats to Cinerella and hair metal fans everywhere, though!

(grammatically speaking, Nobody Is Fool? Really? Is that, um, an inside joke? I don't remember the song well enough to determine.)
    edited April 2012
    Runesmith;4713622 said:
    Eh. Depends on the drum charts.

Does anyone remember that one really...ahem, vocal forumgoer with the Detroit Lions avatar a few years ago who only listened to hair metal? Bet he's happy.
    I do indeed, but I don't remember his name... great, now it's going to be bugging me all morning. Do you happen to remember it? :(

And I can't imagine the drum charts being particularly fun, unless you enjoy the Bon Jovi tracks on drums... they bore me to tears personally. But I hate the songs, so that may contribute.

Shelter Me actually sounds very fun on keys.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Awesome! I was actually listening to Shelter Me when I checked the site :) Time to go buy some points and happily give you $$$ :) Surprised by the choices, going with 2 ballads in the pack as opposed to "Shake Me" or "Gypsy Road" but the pack is still great and Tuesday can't get here fast enough for me!
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Cinderella is SWEEEET !

Trust us cipher.
    edited April 2012
    defdog99;4713631 said:
    Cinderella is SWEEEET !

Trust us cipher.

I have a feeling Cipher won't think much of them. And for once, we'll pretty much be in agreement :)
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'm not your fool(HMX) I'm not your fool(HMX)....nobody's Fool....I"M NO FOOOOOOOOL!
    nice to see some 80's hair metal....much better than Poison...
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    defdog99;4713631 said:
    Cinderella is SWEEEET !

Trust us cipher.
    Ok :)
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Knew the name Cinderella was a band but didn't actually know what songs they had til I checked. Don't know what you got is insta-recognize and insta-buy and after previewing the other 2 I'll be getting the whole pack.
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Three great slices of 80's cheese for me. Thank you Harmonix. Hair metal cheese is so fine it will surely be served with some strong forum whine. I'll dig these tracks, for sure.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Oh....now I know Shelter Me. I just listened to it on Youtube. I haven't heard it in forever. Will be getting the whole pack! Thanks for the 80's/90's music HMX!!!
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Pitch-Black;4713626 said:
    (grammatically speaking, Nobody Is Fool? Really? Is that, um, an inside joke? I don't remember the song well enough to determine.)

Where are you seeing "Nobody Is Fool"?
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4713635 said:
    Ok :)

DON'T LISTEN!

Unless you liked Poison. Then listen, maybe.
    Magnet;4713639 said:
    Where are you seeing "Nobody Is Fool"?

Nobody with an apostrophe would translate to "Nobody is fool".
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    "One of hard rock’s most successful bands during the 1980s"

Yes, that would be why I haven't heard of any of these songs.

Cinderella were meant to be one of the "low tier" hair metal bands. But it is still hair metal, so even if the songs are bad, they will be enjoyable.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Pitch-Black;4713626 said:

's represents possession as well. The song is about a fool, belonging to nobody.