Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 4/24 - Cinderella 3 Pack

edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4709719 said:
Hey gang,

One of hard rock’s most successful bands during the 1980s, Cinderella has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide. On April 24th, a three pack of songs from this multi-platinum band is headed to the Rock Band Music Store!

“Nobody’s Fool,” Cinderella’s second single from its triple platinum debut, Night Songs, kicks off the pack. The power ballad “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone),” off of 1998’s Long Cold Winter, was the band’s most successful single. The song will be available as part of the three pack, with an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass Upgrade. Closing out the pack will be “Shelter Me,” the lead single from 1990’s Heartbreak Station.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (April 24th , 2012):

• Cinderella – “Nobody’s Fool” O
• Cinderella – “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)” O X
• Cinderella – “Shelter Me” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Cinderella Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™ , 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**
hmxhenry;4709843 said:
This week's RBN release features songs from Anarchy Club, Dante's Dream, and Raggedy Angry on Xbox 360, all a deal at just 80 MSP! Songs by artists including Blackguard, Machinae Supremacy, and Rishloo are coming to PS3.

Here are the Rock Band Network releases that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 4/19/2012:

Alternative

Heart Pharmacy - "California" (160 MSP)

Metal

Anarchy Club - "Riddle Me This" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "IndoctriNation (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Dante's Dream - "Gamers Unite" (80 MSP)
Raggedy Angry - "Take Me Home" (80 MSP)
Sherryce and DJ Jounce - "Ooh La La" (160 MSP)

Punk

Close Your Eyes - "Keep the Lights On" (160 MSP)

Rock

Seven Day Sonnet - "Farewell to Good Days" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/24/2012 (North America):

Blackguard - "Firefight" ($1.99) - Metal
Machinae Supremacy - "Rocket Dragon" ($1.99) - Metal
Miracle of Sound - "Gordon Freeman Saved My Life" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Rishloo - "Keyhole in the Sky" ($0.99) - Prog
Rishloo - "Feathergun in the Garden of the Sun" ($0.99) - Prog

Here's a bit of Disney trivia for you: the ball that Cinderella attended was actually a Headbanger's Ball. True story. Discuss!

Comments

• Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    So here's Cinderella! Huh. What a weird name for a band. Anyway!

Cinderella Pack 01 First Impressions:

Nobody's Fool! Quite a contrast from Everybody's Fool a few weeks back, eh? :p
    Anyway the song starts off soft and silenty, which is weird. Hmmmm...
    The guitar isn't too shocking, it's pretty basic and repetitive. And here comes the vocalist! His voice is alright, I guess. Nothing too out there or revolutionary. Alright, it's picking up! The harmonies are nice but... THEY'RE TOO SOFT :I
    Sure the song is a pretty soft song, but I can imagine it would be infinitely times better if they just put some OOMPH into every note they play and word they sing. I mean not artificially raise the volume, like raising it on my laptop. They really need to kick it to 11 to kick some ass. And there's the guitar solo... Just like the rest of the song it's pretty soft and afraid. ARGH, COME ON! THERE'S POTENTIAL! And... That's it? Is it just me or is the song really short? Or does it end abruptly :I

Anyway, next up is Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)! Starts off with some pretty nice keys that I can totally dig. And the vocals kick in! And they're pretty nice! Unlike the first song, this song works well with the whole soft thing. The atmosphere doesn't feel like a giant contradiction on itself. Totally reminds me of Alone by Heart. And I kinda like that song.
    The vocals are nice and plenty, the lyrics aren't half bad, and the whole feel just feels... good! Too bad it sounds like it'll be boring to play, because it's a pretty good song. It is pretty repetitive, unfortunately. It needs something to shake it up!
    It also kinda reminds me of Every Rose Has Its Thorn. But it's not bad like Every Rose is. The lyrics aren't atrocious for one, and the atmosphere is diggable. Just like I said before, it reminds me of Alone even more than it does Every Rose.
    And the guitar starts picking up! It actually had some pretty nice buildup to it. Which is awesome. It makes the song feel more refreshing and pleasing to listen to. Don't think I'll buy it, but it's good.

Shelter Me is last up!
    Starts off... pretty strange! The guitar is nic... UGH! THE VOCALS! WHAT HAPPENED??!?!?!?!?
    His voice was pretty decent in the first song and good in the second, but they just completely imploded the third. Which is unfortunate, since the instruments sound nice and fun. Ugh. Wasted potential :I
    The instruments keep getting better! BUT NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY GET, IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE ME MORE SAD SINCE THE VOCALS ARE JUST THAT BAD ;_;
    If the song was sung in the voice of the second song, it would be absolutely amazing. The feel is just great. But it's rubbish with the vocal. And now they have a sax having fun and THE GUITARS ARE BEING SO COOL ;__________________;
    Why?!? Why must you torture me so?!?!? The rest of the song warrants me listening to it in the future to get over the vocals. But god damn. They're bad. Really bad.

All in all... This week is... ok? I think? I 'unno. The tracks were pretty decent and good, but they aren't my thing at the moment. I do picture myself enjoying it in the future, so I won't write it off as a waste. In context of the other weeks, I'll say it's a slightly weaker P!nk week.

This week in terms of songs:
    Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
    Shelter Me
    Nobody's Fool

If you're surprised, I would much rather pick a song that isn't afraid of doing something badly than a song that is afraid to go outside and trip over their shoes.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
    This is the most indifferent I could be for a week of DLC.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited April 2012
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    AWESOME! Not, like, a huge fan or anything, but these will be super fun to play! Perfect for RB3. I like DLC surprises like this.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4713590 said:

Same here. Will probably pass.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    None for me, unfortunately.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    Not really a fan of this particular band, but of course it's nice for the hail metal fans.
    Cipher_Peon;4713587 said:
    Cinderella is a band? o.o

It's actually a hair care product.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
  • DprateDprate Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Shelter me? nah, guess two out of three isnt bad. Would like to see more of this stuff though.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    instantdeath999;4713595 said:
    Not really a fan of this particular band, but of course it's nice for the hail metal fans.

It is. This niche has been long-suffering a bit. Nice to give them some crumbs every now and then so they don't burn the place down.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Hmm, the only one I've heard is "Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone." I'll listen to the others at some point.
    edited April 2012
    Then again, Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone) may be great, just to remember all those cheesy movies that use the song. Oh, and South Park :P
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Interesting. I didn't really care that much for Cinderella...but I do like, "Dont Know What You've Got Till It's Gone"....so I will at least be getting that.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Who?

I've never heard this band's songs. Oh well, pass. I'll view the trailer when I get home.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    When I saw the name Cinderella, I was in so much shock that I was sure there had to be another band of that name. This is a complete and welcome shocker! :)
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Ugly step-sisters unite!
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Definitely getting Don't Know What You Got, need to check out the other 2 songs though.
    edited April 2012
    I imagine a lot of people are gonna be having a "oh, THESE guys" moment.

Whether that will be followed with a pleasant or entirely unpleasant reaction will probably wildly vary.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    None of these songs sound familiar, will have to listen to the preview to see what I think, because I do enjoy me some hair metal from time to time
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    drhans;4713592 said:
    I like DLC surprises like this.

Yep, an obvious-in-hindsight name that I don't think a lot of people were anticipating at all.

And fun fact, they're still touring. Their last studio album was 18 years ago, but still touring.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    :D

Nice. About time we got back to some classic(er) stuff.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Holy crap I never thought we'd see Cinderella in this game.

THANK YOU HARMONIX!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Is this what I would have really really wanted? Not even close.

But did just reading the titles of those songs cause them to start playing in my head, like echoes of a misspent youth? Yep.

So is this better in my view than any HMX DLC in the past month? Oh hell yes. Will buy day 1.
  • edited April 2012
    Not my favorite but much better then the last 4 weeks. I'm definitely get Don't Know What You Got (Til Its Gone)
  • SukergodSukergod Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    HMX, you need to fix the year that Long Cold Winter came out. It was in 1988 not 1998 :)
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Hmm. Depends on the drum charts.

Does anyone remember that one really...ahem, vocal forumgoer with the Detroit Lions avatar a few years ago who only listened to hair metal? Bet he's happy.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    This is hilarious.

Getting all three of course :-D Two unbelievably cheesy power ballads, and Shelter Me is just over the top. I'm 13 again :-D
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Time to bust out that keyboard!

All over this pack. Could have used a little Gypsy Road, but that's all right HMX. You done good!
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    dog037;4713590 said:

Yeah, Dog about summed up my reaction as well. May concider picking up Nobody's Fool purely for nastalgia sake, but even that's a long shot. Congrats to Cinerella and hair metal fans everywhere, though!

(grammatically speaking, Nobody Is Fool? Really? Is that, um, an inside joke? I don't remember the song well enough to determine.)