5/1 DLC Discussion Thread - Singles from Eddie Money, Train and Yellowcard!

Comments

• HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    I would love to have Take Me Home Tonight sometime, hopefully they licenced that song at the same time they got Two Tickets.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited April 2012
    E M and Train are first day buys. I kinda like the Yellowcard song, the intro sounds like the bastard child of AC/DC and some Green Day spinoff.
  • Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I hope to God that Hey Soul Sister is not in RB Blitz. That 'HEY...HEY-AY...HEY-AY-AY-AY-AY' part is one of the most annoying parts of any song I've ever heard. On the flipside, Drops of Jupiter is a great song and I might pick it up someday. The Eddie Money song...ehhhhh, it's cool but not cool enough that I'd want to buy it. And holy crap, it has been YEEEEAAAARS since I heard "Only One." Always remember when it came on MTV2 often. Never liked it. Still don't like it.
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Fantastic mix of singles!

Remember playing San Andreas flying in a hijacked jet to Las Venturas with Two Tickets to Paradise playing, awesome!

Great Yellowcard song, hopefully more comes from them in the not too distant future.

Can't go wrong with Drops of Jupiter, this has been too long deserving.

Very much excited after missing last week!!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited April 2012
    Seeing the artists, I only recognized Yellowcard (and not from the song they already have in RB). Seeing the song titles, I only recognized Two Tickets to Paradise. Listening to the other two, I remember hearing Drops of Jupiter (or something that sounded very similar to it) somewhere before.

Getting both of those songs.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Drops Of Jupiter, Awesome! it's so obvious Hey Soul Sister's gonna be on Blitz haha
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Definitely getting Eddie Money, that will be a lot of fun. Yellowcard looks fun on drums, but I don't really care for the song. And Train grates on me, so nope. But a very nice selection! I love weeks with variety, even if I don't end up buying everything. Thumbs up.
  • TheMrsTheMrs Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Will be getting all 3.
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'll probably get the Train song. If I do get it, it will be the first DLC for me since Men at Work.

Eddie Money is maybe, leaning slightly towards no (I'll have to think it over). Yellowcard is a no.

Nothing exciting, but at least its a marginal improvement.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Chertenstein;4721042 said:
    Maybe Eddie Money in a future purchase. The other two, no thanks, not now, not ever. Congrats to those who wanted them, I'm sure they'll sell.

I echo this opinion.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Well I was right in feeling that we might get some '80s classic rock. I just wish it had been a few more tracks... :)

But Eddie Money is a definite win. I'll grab all three for the keys, and the "Paradise" pro upgrade too. Thanks for another week, Harmonix!

PS: And yes, I know "Paradise" is from the '70s, but it still makes a lot of '80s playlists.

PPS: Next Tuesday, get ready for the Battle for Paradise: Jimmy Buffett's "Cheeseburger in Paradise," Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise"!

PPPS: This week's FujiSkunk iPod score is 1!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2012
    Lowlander2;4721074 said:
    Don't you mean "nanananananananana"?

No, I mean Naaaaaaaaaaa, na-na-na naaaaaaaaaaa, na-na-na naaa, na-na-naaa, na-na-naaa, na-na-na naaaaaaaaaaa.

...excuse me while I USL.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Super week! These are absolutely great songs and the best in weeks by far. Getting all of 'em!
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4721024 said:
    I've heard of Train and Yellowcard, but not Eddie Money.

I'm just the opposite.

BTW, Wabi-Sabi is an insta-buy!

:D
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    dlchief58;4721065 said:
    They already have several duets, so that is not the issue. "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", "Under Pressure", and "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" are the ones that stand out.

It is if the other artist / label wants nothing to do with Rock Band, even though I'm happy to finally DL a song since Men at Work I wish the Eddie Money song was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-KVObNEd4, also had "Oh that song" when listening to Train so that may be a rainy day purchase.
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Definitely picking up Eddie Money. The other two are definite nope.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Haha, Eddie Money. Nice, that's hard to resist. The others make me shrug.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited April 2012
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2012
    Such a great week for modern songs. Only One is such a pretty/sad song. Drops of Jupiter was an instant classic. Definitely one of the best weeks in a while

MORE SINGLES WEEKS PLEASE
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Eddie Money and Train for sure. Still on the fence with Yellowcard.
  • edited April 2012
    defdog99;4721069 said:
    I feel like Cipher. I've NEVER heard of Yellowcard or that song before.
    They already have a track in RB, Ocean Avenue. It's one of the more fun super poppy songs in the setlist and it's been a fan favorite at recent RB nights we've staffed.
    Lowlander2;4721074 said:
    Wow, TWO whole Pro upgrades. We're pulling out all the stops now.

So you gripe about how we're not doing enough to support a niche hardcore instrument, and then when we make a conscious effort to release more content for it you gripe about that too. Check, got it.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Stumble from one week with a terribad vocals song and into another.

Who are you, Yellowcard pretenders, and where is the band who made Way Away and Breathing?
    hmxhenry;4721123 said:
    So you gripe about how we're not doing enough to support a niche hardcore instrument, and then when we make a conscious effort to release more content for it you gripe about that too. Check, got it.
    Gripe? I'm ecstatic!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4721072 said:
    pass

Then I'll only get 'em for PS3 :p
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Surprised about the generally positive reaction to Train. I thought that song/band was universally hated.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited April 2012
    Great week! Eddie Money is an INSTANT purchase, as is Drops of Jupiter. Had to listen to the Yellowcard song, but after hearing it I remembered listening to this in college. Drops of Jupiter kind of gave me a little chill down my spine. I remember hearing that so long ago when I was in high school and throughout college when life was sooooooooooo much easier than it is now. Kind of makes me a bid sad and depressed hearing it and remembering when things were so much easier, but at the same time puts a smile on my face because it reminds me of the good things.

I guess this is why I do want to see more 90's/early 00's in the game, yet at the same time don't mind their absence.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    After 6 weeks of not buying anything (a record amount of time for me), I will be purchasing all 3 of these singles. Very happy about Train finally getting some DLC.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I can't figure out where I've heard the Eddie Money song at before. Either way, I can't stand Train, I'll probably get EM and Yellowcard eventually though.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    HeyRiles;4721119 said:
    Such a great week for modern songs. Only One is such a pretty/sad song. Drops of Jupiter was an instant classic. Definitely one of the best weeks in a while

MORE SINGLES WEEKS PLEASE

Agree 100%.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    All probably get all 3, Yes more singles weeks please
    SheSaidSheSaid;4721125 said:
    Then I'll only get 'em for PS3 :p
    Are you seriously double dipping on new dlc?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    geo2n2;4721127 said:
    Surprised about the generally positive reaction to Train. I thought that song/band was universally hated.

I'm pretty sure only cancer and Nazis are 'universally hated'