My RB: Blitz Setlist

GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
edited April 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Just decided to, I really think Blitz is a good opportunity to get some songs from highly requested bands as well as some modern songs on heavy rotation on the radio.

(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party!) by Beastie Boys (1987) Rap Rock
Always by Blink-182 (2004) Pop Punk
Calling You by Blue October (2003) Alternative Rock
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll by Blue Oyster Cult (1972) Blues-Rock
Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake (2001) Alternative Rock
Sultans Of Swing- Dire Straits (1978) Pub Rock
My Name Is by Eminem (1999) Hip Hop
Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People (2010) Indie Pop
We Are Young by Fun (2011) Indie Pop
Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye ft. Kimbra (2011) Worldbeat
I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage (1995) Post-Grunge
Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Great White (1989) Rock
Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon (2008) Alternative Rock
One by Metallica (1988) Thrash Metal
Uprising by Muse (2009) New Prog
Sleepyhead by Passion Pit (2008) Electropop
Metal Health (Bang Your Head) by Quiet Riot (1982) Heavy Metal
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield (1981) Power Pop
I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred (1991) Dance-Pop
Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions (1984) Hard Rock
Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins (1995) Alternative Metal
Do It Again by Steely Dan (1972) Jazz Fusion
Mad World by Tears For Fears (1982) New Wave
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones (1965) Rock and Roll
Great DJ- The Ting Tings (2008) Alternative Dance

Italics = Already Confirmed

The majority being modern music is a side effect Edgefest last Sunday, so I apologize for the imbalance.

EDIT: Edited the list so it's in alphabetical order by Band name, and added the genre of the song to each.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    This list ain't even organized, but I ain't even mad. Outside of Tik Tok and My Name Is, I just haven't heard Sleepyhead or I'm Too Sexy, and the rest are pretty good.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4718553 said:
    I just haven't heard I'm Too Sexy
    Really?

I'm sure if you Youtube'd it you'd recognise it instantly. Its a godawful cheesetastic party song, and not one I'd recommend playing loud!

I really like your 60's-80's choices, but past that it gets a bit pear-shaped. Mind you thats when music quality took a deep dive down, so that probably isn't your fault ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Your list seems really awesome.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4718553 said:
    This list ain't even organized, but I ain't even mad. Outside of Tik Tok and My Name Is, I just haven't heard Sleepyhead or I'm Too Sexy, and the rest are pretty good.
    Really?? I'm Too Sexy is like crazy well known. Give it a listen and you'll know it. As for Sleepyhead, it was used in a few commercials a while back but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know it. Still its an awesome song.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Whoo - good list, I'm liking 16 of the 20 songs which is pretty awesome. Right Said Fred is just a little too corny for my taste though, and the Ke$ha track seems like the kind of music I go out of my way to avoid hearing. Also not really digging the Metallica or Blue Oyster Cult songs.

Interesting that this is the first RBB setlist I've seen with a Muse track on it - I would prefer something from OoS or Absolution though ^^. Have to say I'm having trouble figuring how Passion Pit would be charted - pretty bonkers sounding tune XD. I'm always liking that Cake tune when it shows up on the radio now and again - quite an unusual choice too.

I'd love to see those Gotye and Fun tracks. They've been getting heavy rotation on the radio here in the UK but I'm not sick of them yet ^^. Wonder if we can get Hold On by Alabama Shakes too - another really popular track at the moment.

Urg - I should really stop looking at these RBB setlists. They're just setting me up for disappointment when the real one arrives! ;-)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I put Tik Tok there because I couldn't remember the other song I was thinking of (which I now remember to be Calling You by Blue October). As for the Muse song, I personally think that the direction Blitz seems to be going in would benefit from the sound of Uprising, but Plug In Baby would be just as good.
    I'm also a little surprised about the announcement of Two Tickets To Paradise, seems like a song that'd have a really good chance of debuting in Blitz, but whatever.