DLC for Landscapes, Power-Ups and or Highway Designs?

Ew00kieEw00kie Unsigned
edited May 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
I would love to see this option as it would bring a feel similar to band creation or genre styling! Lets Rock!

PS

Music Videos in Rock Band I buy DLC for Lips and SingStar just for the nostalgia factor of watching the Music Videos it would definitely free up all the timing factors involved in each song that makes the mouths and hands move to match each specific song sequence!

Comments

• djdatatecdjdatatec Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I 2nd this idea totally creative as for the music videos i was thinking that would be cool when The Beatles Rock Band came out.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    The "DLC for landscapes" idea is something I considered asking about here, but decided it was just too impractical, both from a programming and design standpoint and a who-the-hell-has-time-to-look-at-the-background-when-you're-playing-the-damn-game standpoint. I am still (foolishly) in love with the possibilities, though. Imagine playing Powerslave while cruising through ancient Egypt, or Ghost of Perdition while exploring a haunted castle, or The Trees while taking a winding path through a primeval forest, or A Jagged Gorgeous Winter while bobbing and weaving (as if on a fast-moving sled) through a snow-covered landscape wth people ice-skating and building snowmen. Awesome, yes?

Great big NO to DLC power-ups, though. This game will have leaderboards and this would introduce the potential for people to climb them simply by having spent more money. You don't have to be a big score whore to realize that would be unfair.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Numskull;4718600 said:
    Great big NO to DLC power-ups, though. This game will have leaderboards and this would introduce the potential for people to climb them simply by having spent more money. You don't have to be a big score whore to realize that would be unfair.

Assuming the power-ups aren't balanced well with those already in the game. Which... would probably be rather difficult, honestly; balance is a rather tricky part of game design. So I don't see that happening, more for that reason.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Why do we need DLC when the game itself isn't out yet?

Music videos wouldn't make any sense, and when the entire level is moving with the note highway, replacing the backdrop with a video might get in the way of the game's playability.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4718692 said:
    Why do we need DLC when the game itself isn't out yet?
    Bluheh

Don't worry, I'm just being cheeky.
  • djdatatecdjdatatec Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I was actually thinking for a sec and realized powerups didnt make sense. As for the music videos i do not agree to put into blitz but maybe a future rb title using peripherals because i am so tired of seeing the same flashy lights and stages after several years of stage performances. Actually the music videos wouldnt destract as much as youd think the strobe light effect on rb3 is way more destracting. But I definitely would like to see DLC for Landscapes because after you play this game for a couple months the backdrop is going to get stale!
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited April 2012
    If they won't improve the stage show for RB4, I'd be pretty happy with an option for the original video.

The RBB background works great for RBB, better than the RB stage show or an original video, so new landscapes would be a good idea.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    djdatatec;4718563 said:
    I 2nd this idea totally creative as for the music videos i was thinking that would be cool when The Beatles Rock Band came out.

Next time djdatatec... if you wish to be a successful alt-account, try not to leave a paper trail:
    djdatatec;4430400 said:
    I want to play with more people that have alot of songs like me to play DLC!

PSN: "Ew00kie" (the 00 are zeroes)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2012
    The problem with having the videos in the game are 1) Cost... The videos are copyrighted, so HMX would have to license the video. 2) Size... The music files are already huge, adding video would make the files unmanageable.

Personally, as far as DLC… I just want game play DLC, ala, new songs. DLC that makes the backgrounds different… not for me.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Music videos are fine in Singstar and Lips because those games always use music videos, but in Rock Band they would look cheap and out of place.
  • JGargoyle220JGargoyle220 Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I'd definitely be interested in more downloadable clothes, official band t-shirts, venues, hairstyles, and other personal touches to go along with DLC songs. The realistic customization experience is a big part of playing for me, and with as much emphasis as they put on things like the character creator when RB3 released originally, I'm surprised they haven't expanded on it since.