RBN DLC Discussion: 4/26/2012 (Xbox), 5/1/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 4/26/2012

Alternative

Cohesive - "The Only Difference" (160 MSP)

Indie Rock

Boomchick - "TGTW" (160 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish - "A Pure Evil (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "Watching" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Wrapped in Deceitful Dreams" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Wrapped in Deceitful Dreams (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Oklahoma Caddy Shack - "Children of Brodom" (80 MSP)
Oklahoma Caddy Shack - "Children of Brodom (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Within the Ruins - "Controller" (160 MSP)
Within the Ruins - "Controller (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Other

Sky Pie - "Wabi-Sabi" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Jeff Ball - "Interplanetary Cruise" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Pedro Castillo - "Por Analog

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    What's up with the Small Room 9 song? That was my favorite this week. :(
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Kind of weird that this is one of the biggest weeks in a long time, even discounting 2X Bass versions, and I only bought one song.

Such as it is. I was running out of RBN moneys anyway.
  • TheMrsTheMrs Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm picking up 3 out of the 5 PS3 RBN songs next week. Thanks!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4720015 said:
    What's up with the Small Room 9 song? That was my favorite this week. :(

Delayed by a technical problem. Out next week.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Cohesive and Boomchick both come well-recommended this week. Cohesive has a nice space-pop sort of feel, kind of like The Killers, and Boomchick is kinda bordering on punk, very energetic and fun.
  • edited April 2012
    I got Sky Pie's song and I think I'll get that Apple Martini song as well.

PS3 should be happy this week. I know a lot of people wanted Cheesy Pop Song.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    HMXLachesis;4720027 said:
    Delayed by a technical problem. Out next week.
    Cool, thanks for the response.

Also really digging Por Analogia.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I'll pass on the metal songs, but will see what sounds good from the other offerings.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4720028 said:
    Cohesive and Boomchick both come well-recommended this week. Cohesive has a nice space-pop sort of feel, kind of like The Killers, and Boomchick is kinda bordering on punk, very energetic and fun.

Seconded both, especially Boomchick.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Cheesy Pop Song is going to the PS3??? Why...? Did it really get requested that much?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4720092 said:
    Cheesy Pop Song is going to the PS3??? Why...? Did it really get requested that much?

It did, apparently. I've seen frequent requests for it in the Request Thread, at least enough to make me believe that it would eventually make it over.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited April 2012

1. Yes.
    2. But we probably would have moved it over in time without repeated direct requests, based on our various other criteria for bringing songs to the PS3.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    HMXLachesis;4720118 said:
    1. Yes.
    2. But we probably would have moved it over in time without repeated direct requests, based on our various other criteria for bringing songs to the PS3.

Well good job, atalkingfish, Impressed I am
    edited April 2012
    HMXLachesis;4720118 said:
    1. Yes.

Can you elaborate on #2? Do you guys just have a rule that dictates that any song that surpasses a certain level of awesome will be ported in due time regardless of sales or requests?
  • edited April 2012
    Another meh week. I'll pick up the Anarchy Club song, and probably Cheesy Pop Song as well as a donation to ATF so he can keep picking up good albums. ;)
    edited April 2012
    Der_Lex;4720131 said:
    Another meh week. I'll pick up the Anarchy Club song, and probably Cheesy Pop Song as well as a donation to ATF so he can keep picking up good albums. ;)

A whole $.25 to me to go towards, I dunno, whatever mind-blowing thing you suggest to me next. (especially if it only costs $.25) EDIT: Wait, do I still get revenue for PSN ports?

But, ouch, you're only buying it as a donation? Come on man, do you not see the subtle intricacies backed by a progressive mindset that make Cheesy Pop Song more than just a cheesy pop song? Banjos, man. Banjos.
  • edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4720140 said:
    A whole $.25 to me to go towards, I dunno, whatever mind-blowing thing you suggest to me next. (especially if it only costs $.25)

But, ouch, you're only buying it as a donation? Come on man, do you not see the subtle intricacies backed by a progressive mindset that make Cheesy Pop Song more than just a cheesy pop song? Banjos, man. Banjos.

I'm just teasing you. The keys part is fun enough to warrant a pick-up on its own, even with the atrocious singing. :p
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012
    They mean that Cheesy Pop song is selling like double every other track on RBN.

So it's sold at least 50 copies!

*Sarcasm alert*

But no it is selling pretty well for an unknown song from an uknown band.

Way better than one of our other unknown bands :D
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    A whole $.25 to me to go towards, I dunno, whatever mind-blowing thing you suggest to me next. (especially if it only costs $.25) EDIT: Wait, do I still get revenue for PSN ports?

Lake will be more up Lex's ally once it comes out
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    ) EDIT: Wait, do I still get revenue for PSN ports?

Yes
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    No matter your opinion on the music, one thing is certain:

Variety is awesome this week.

Also, if I were on Ps3 I'd get ATF asap.
    edited April 2012
    Der_Lex;4720142 said:
    I'm just teasing you. The keys part is fun enough to warrant a pick-up on its own, even with the atrocious singing. :p

Dude, you have a dark sense of humor. It's a cheesy pop song, shouldn't an atrocious amount of auto tune make up for any lack of singing abilities? That's how it works, right?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    also, what I'm sure lachesis meant by #2 is just because of genre varieties. they like to keep it varied, give people a catchy pop song every once in a while, and CPS falls into that nicely.
  • edited April 2012
    GameMaster439;4720146 said:
    Lake will be more up Lex's ally once it comes out
    I'd better warn my allies then, if things will be going up them. ;)

But in all seriousness, I've heard Lake, and it's a great song that I can whole-heartedly recommend to absolutely everyone with Lex' seal of approval.
    atalkingfish;4720152 said:
    Dude, you have a dark sense of humor.

It's taken you this long to figure that out? ;)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2012
    atalkingfish;4720152 said:
    Dude, you have a dark sense of humor. It's a cheesy pop song, shouldn't an atrocious amount of auto tune make up for any lack of singing abilities? That's how it works, right?

It's not the autotune that bothers me so much as how buried the vocals are in the mix. If you're going to be cheesy, be bombastic!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited April 2012

Apparently so.

Congrats are in order. That's pretty cool!
    edited April 2012
    FujiSkunk;4720218 said:
    It's not the autotune that bothers me so much as how buried the vocals are in the mix. If you're going to be cheesy, be bombastic!

The mix on the original video is much close to how I mixed it. The mixing got messed with a lot through the RBN process, partly because exporting the stems separately, on my end, caused loud instruments to get quieter and vice versa. Anything after that was up to TAG.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Finally got Cheesy Pop Song. Will pick it up ASAP.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    Listened to all of the songs that I could find on Youtube. Although the Interplanetary Cruise song is pretty awesome, I can't see myself playing it multiple times. The rest isn't my cup of tea.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2012