Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine on Rock Band!

Comments

• SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    This is awesome but it should also be in the RBN forum.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    So if Jello Biafra is willing to work with RBN, why wasn't he willing to put "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" era Dead Kennedy's tracks in Rock Band?

Cool to see this in RBN though. I might pick it up.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    tdc002;4721596 said:
    So if Jello Biafra is willing to work with RBN, why wasn't he willing to put "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" era Dead Kennedy's tracks in Rock Band?

Cool to see this in RBN though. I might pick it up.

Didn't we get both Callifornia Uber Alles and Holiday in Cambodia from that album?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4721598 said:
    Didn't we get both Callifornia Uber Alles and Holiday in Cambodia from that album?

Nope. We got the versions off "Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death", which is a compilation of alternate takes. Off the top of my head, I want to say Biafra doesn't own the rights to those versions, I think it's someone else from The Dead Kennedys.

Also wanna add the band in that video has the most boring looking singer ever.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    Wow. Left field.

And the left field ball was caught by a couple while a toddler threw a tantrum.
  • freakonatefreakonate Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4721612 said:
    Wow. Left field.

And the left field ball was caught by a couple while a toddler threw a tantrum.

:D Funny.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    tdc002;4721608 said:
    Nope. We got the versions off "Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death", which is a compilation of alternate takes. Off the top of my head, I want to say Biafra doesn't own the rights to those versions, I think it's someone else from The Dead Kennedys.

Also wanna add the band in that video has the most boring looking singer ever.

Ahh, didn't know that. Sorry dude.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Dead Kennedys are on Alternative Tentacles along with all other Jello projects (because I believe it is owned by Jello). So far MGS has gotten 3 songs from the label by my last count (this, Dash Rip Rock, and Slim Cessna).
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4721953 said:
    Dead Kennedys are on Alternative Tentacles along with all other Jello projects (because I believe it is owned by Jello). So far MGS has gotten 3 songs from the label by my last count (this, Dash Rip Rock, and Slim Cessna).

...We have Slim Cessna Auto Club songs?!
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2012
    I'm more of a fan of his work with The Melvins (outside of DK obviously) or even Mojo Nixon ;)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4721953 said:

Hey guys, I know these songs are coming out through MGS however, I was the one in talks with AT for several months on behalf of TAG and I can tell you DK, Melvins and a lot of the stuff mentioned on here isn't owned by AT and so you likely won't see it through RBN and definitely not because of AT
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    FlyGuyLXI;4722054 said:
    ...We have Slim Cessna Auto Club songs?!

Well, "song", but yes.
    edited April 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4722107 said:
    Well, "song", but yes.

Would LOVE to get more Slim Cessna or some Munly. Tracks off of "Always Say Please and Thank You" or the self titled LP would be amazing.
    edited April 2012
    DragoonXD;4721953 said:
    Both Americadio and Johnny Ace 2010 are great songs. Wish we had more from these bands.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Would it be possible to get some Lard DLC because LARD is awesome and they are on alternative tentacles. Jello's side project with Al Jourgensen of Ministry. CROssover Thrash would bhe epic.

Maybe we can get the Butthole Surfers, The dicks, DOA, Leftover Crack and Voivod
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    joescorpion;4726132 said:
    Would it be possible to get some Lard DLC because LARD is awesome and they are on alternative tentacles. Jello's side project with Al Jourgensen of Ministry. CROssover Thrash would bhe epic.

Maybe we can get the Butthole Surfers, The dicks, DOA, Leftover Crack and Voivod

Leftover Crack is the only one still signed to the label, so it would be the only one we'd have any chance of seeing if they have a paretnership with the label.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I believe leftover crack only releases their vinyl through AT, and cd's through Fat wreck. their 2nd cd F*** World Trade was the only CD of theirs i have that says AT. I bet licensing would be a nightmare for them. And most of the songs would be heavily censored. Still would love to see them in the game
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    No to Butthole Surfers, they control their material. All of it (entire discography) and no they haven't returned my emails trust me I've tried.
  • edited May 2012
    Very excited with this news. I back Jello and all that he does.

If the authoring group involved is at all interested in doing cross promotion for this track or an interview with Jello or a profile piece on the label discussing other songs available in RBN, just shoot me a PM.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Hey all!

Henry, I will send you a pm, thanks.

Just a note about all the great A-T artists and RBN... A-T is fully into RBN and would happily put more of their catalog in game, however, the rights and ownership of each of these albums (Maybe we can get the Butthole Surfers, The dicks, DOA, Leftover Crack and Voivod) is so difficult to negotiate that it has been difficult to bring them in. Believe me, I've tried. And even when the band hasn't sued each other or the original record label is being civil, the masters to ANY punk era classic have been sold for dope, left in an airport or burned in ritual.

Everything possible is being mined from these gems for RBN, it's just a slow and convoluted process at times.

Dan
    edited May 2012
    The Alternative Tentacles bands is some of my most hyped songs to look forward to. I appreciate everything you are doing to try to get more of them into the game. If only we could get classic SST, Epitaph, Fat Wreck bands from the 80's and 90's I would be a happy camper.
    edited May 2012
    SideshowN;4727511 said:
    The Alternative Tentacles bands is some of my most hyped songs to look forward to. I appreciate everything you are doing to try to get more of them into the game. If only we could get classic SST, Epitaph, Fat Wreck bands from the 80's and 90's I would be a happy camper.

I second this post.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4726372 said:
    Very excited with this news. I back Jello and all that he does.

If the authoring group involved is at all interested in doing cross promotion for this track or an interview with Jello or a profile piece on the label discussing other songs available in RBN, just shoot me a PM.
    If you do interview Jello please get him to answer this question

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/momle/dead_kennedys_fresh_fruit_for_rotting_vegetables/
    edited November 2012
    What happened to the Jello song? Still waiting!