What songs are you looking forward to playing in Blitz?

Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
edited June 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Keep it to songs we already have or know about (this isn't a prediction thread). Just curious what folks are looking forward to playing.

I know one of the first songs I'll probably queue up is "Song of the Century" just for kicks, but after that, "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" I think will be a lot of fun.

Comments

• Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited April 2012
    Veil of Illumination

and the new songs that haven't been announced yet (hint hint).
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Dawn of a Million Souls will be the first thing I play :)
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    The Slayer Track pack when it finally gets to EU PS3.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    I want to see how my own songs look on that game.

Also, I want to play Lady Gaga on it for some reason.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4722542 said:

Bad Romance might be interesting.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    crash13;4722320 said:
    Well new to the game, "Always" by blink-182. With DLC, probably "Tuesday's Gone" to see how dual solos work.
    They said that the solo exclusivity probably wasn't in the final release.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4722576 said:
    They said that the solo exclusivity probably wasn't in the final release.

Oh well. I'd still want to play that song as it's on of my favorites.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    The new songs, and i might play a couple others to try it out. But can't wait to see the rest of the list announced!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited April 2012
    I believe the correct answer here is Freezepop

Also Bulletproof
  • RetrokaiserRetrokaiser Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Song of the Century by Green Day - For a good easy start
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Probably Foo Fighters just to play some of my regular favorties. :D
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails. Unless I feel like singing I don't enjoy that song at all in RB proper. I think it may end up being a blast in RBB, though.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Since the game takes place in Rock City, and since the city relies upon the note density and so forth to construct itself as you play, there is obviously no more fitting song than We Built This City.

Nevertheless, I think my very first Blitz song will be Show Me What You've Got by Powerman 5000, for an even cheesier reason. There will be hundreds of virginal leaderboards and a whole new set of challenges, and this is THE song with which to storm out of the gate. "Bring it."
    edited April 2012
    Numskull;4723625 said:
    Nevertheless, I think my very first Blitz song will be Show Me What You've Got by Powerman 5000, for an even cheesier reason. There will be hundreds of virginal leaderboards and a whole new set of challenges, and this is THE song with which to storm out of the gate. "Bring it."
    Not "Through the Fire and Flames"?
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Bront20;4723847 said:
    Not "Through the Fire and Flames"?

I was thinking in terms of lyrical content. Thematically, y'know? I don't even have TtFaF.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    You know, I don't know why no one has said this yet, but I think I'd play "Toast (Live)" on RBB.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4724028 said:
    You know, I don't know why no one has said this yet, but I think I'd play "Toast (Live)" on RBB.

Yeah, that'll definitely be in my first session.

I think the obvious first song for me though will be Ballroom Blitz
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4722542 said:
    I want to see how my own songs look on that game.

Does you new picture have any relation to band I sent ya back in Feb. ?

On topic: Once I play it at my friends, I say Through The Fire and Flames
  • edited April 2012
    Something interesting that I've found from playing a ton of Rock Band Blitz is that FUNK is super fun in it. At least for the funk from our DLC catalog, across the boards the songs all have really fun parts on each instrument.

Where in RB3 it can feel a little wonky to play horn lines on the keyboard, that's not an issue in this game, as it feels just as natural to play a sax solo as it is to play a guitar guitar solo on the standard controller.

Another great thing I've found with funk in Rock Band Blitz is playing a funk rhythm on the guitar. Something about that rhythm played with 2 buttons is incredibly satisfying in this game.

So there's POPE'S PICK for my personal favorite genre to play in the game. (Not that anybody asked. I'm so alone.) When you get your hands on it, you'll all have different opinions, I'm sure!

Oh, and metal is also obviously great fun in Rock Band Blitz, for many of the same reasons as stated above. I.E. sax solos, duh.
  • edited April 2012
    Ballroom Blitz, obviously. :)

But on a more serious note, I think songs with alternate charting will turn out surprisingly fun, for example Freezepop, or the rare Footloose and Fancy Free if you own it.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Based on the above opinions, Spinning Wheel definitely will get a spin (!)
  • RustySpoonsRustySpoons Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm looking forward to the songs I found too hard/annoying to play in normal Rock Band. Namely TtFatF, Bulletproof, Doobie Brothers DLC, We Built This City Solo etc.
    I'm a huge fan of dance songs (of which we have a pathetic amount) so I'll also be hoping RBB can add an extra bit of excitement to Let Forever Be.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    I reckon Fear Of The Dark will be brilliant in Rock Band Blitz, just got a feeling!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4724028 said:

I've said it, and it'll definitely be the first song I play, but I don't really count.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited April 2012
    The Final Countdown.

Also songs that are just unplayable messes in normal RB like Wait and Bleed.
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    HMXPope;4724904 said:

Where in RB3 it can feel a little wonky to play horn lines on the keyboard, that's not an issue in this game, as it feels just as natural to play a sax solo as it is to play a guitar guitar solo on the standard controller.

The Edge of Glory confirmed? Please?
    edited May 2012
    HMXPope;4724904 said:
    Oh, and metal is also obviously great fun in Rock Band Blitz, for many of the same reasons as stated above. I.E. sax solos, duh.
    Finally, someone who agrees with me that Metallica's biggest mistake was letting their sax player go.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited May 2012
    Basically, I'm an RB3 vocalist who wants to play instrumentals in Rock Band Blitz.

So when I finally own the game, I want to play "YYZ" first on Rock Band Blitz. My instrumental favorites from the RBN will come close afterward, including Rodrigo y Gabriela, Mystakin, Freen in Green, VanFriscia, Chaotrope, and Amberian Dawn's "Dreamchaser".
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Not sure until I play the game and get a feel for it. I'll probably go for the songs that aren't much fun for guitarists to play becaue they have little to do or too hard, like NIN (a bit boring on guitar to be fair) and Dragonforce (how many notes?!).
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    HMXLachesis;4727128 said:
    Basically, I'm an RB3 vocalist who wants to play instrumentals in Rock Band Blitz.

So when I finally own the game, I want to play "YYZ" first on Rock Band Blitz. My instrumental favorites from the RBN will come close afterward, including Rodrigo y Gabriela, Mystakin, Freen in Green, VanFriscia, Chaotrope, and Amberian Dawn's "Dreamchaser".

Halftime will be so amazing!