Second-Rate RB Forums RPG Game!

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited April 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Eh, Wetpaint doesn't work on Chrome, and Explorer sucks, so I'll just post this game here. This is for when Witticus' thread is "done" for the day.

Welcome! Let's run through the plot!

It's the year 2XXX, and WWIII left earthlings no choice but to travel to a distant planet (New Haven) that seems to be the home for other civilizations that have done the same thing. After maybe 500 years of peace, one world leader has gained some allies and threatens world domination. You are members of an elite team set out to stop this before it starts. But is it too late... and what is behind these happenings?

Rules:

- First and formost, while you can join in at any time in the "game," you will need to set up your character first. This includes picking a species, class, setting up a name, and setting up a description of looks. Think over this carefully, as you will not be able to change this unless told to for any reason.
- Outside of battles, things will work out in a choice manner. You will be presented situations and options. The team will vote on the best action, and will then proceed to the next one until battles.
- In battles, it will play out in a fashion similar to turn-based RPG video games. I will present a turn order and people will choose one attack at a time. Only one attack allowed per turn. You will use one of the special attacks you have, or a normal attack. You will not be able to switch weapons or armor in battle. Between battles, there is no healing, but after missions, everything is restored. If someone dies, they will have to be revived, or else they will be unable to do anything for the rest of the mission (unnamed forces revive them after every mission).
- Stats:
- Attack: How much damage you do. This is increased with weapons.
- Health: How much health you have. This will increase with different armor.
- Speed: The more speed you have, the sooner you will be able to attack in battle. This will increase with different armor.
- Mental Strength: This determines how many special attacks you can perform. This will increase with every level.
- With every increased level, which happens once every mission, your stats will increase by five each. You will have to keep track of this yourself.

Races:

- Races have different stats and other perks that can help or bite you in the ass as you go along. It's best to choose wisely. These are the starting stats for each:

Human

These are inhabitants of New Haven that came from a planet called Earth, a war-torn planet that was destroyed in a nuclear war. They seem to be the most dominant species in the continent of New Chile. They are round-out, which means not especially strong with anything, but not especially weak in anything, either.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 120
- Attack - 20
- Mental Strength - 120
- Speed - 30

Android

Built for security on Earth, these sentient machines eventually became self-aware. But rather than the universe-ending rebellion many Earthlings predicted, they ended up loving all life, and serving to protect all life, even if it means exterminating those who threaten it. These guys have stellar health and attack, but they are'nt fast, and they are lacking in Mental Strength.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 190
- Attack - 45
- Mental Strength - 50
- Speed - 15

Cats

At one time domestic pets for humans on Earth, science has made these mammals much more intelligent. They have a vital role in the land of Felinia (they named it themselves), and can become quite convincing politicians. They are fast and have plenty of health. Their attack is above average, but they are lacking in something humans are capable of: mental strength. Plus, they have a fear of water.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 160
- Attack - 30
- Mental Strength - 70
- Speed - 50

Moogle (what? I couldn't make an RPG without something from Final Fantasy!)

From an unknown planet, these small bat-like creatures have a long, legendary bloodline that traces all the way to an ancient land called "Avilace," which is what they named their new country. They are powerful with magic, and are pretty fast, but are lacking in attack, and health is average.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 120
- Attack - 10
- Mental Strength - 190
- Speed - 50

Pixie

From a planet yet to be discovered, these tiny woodland creatures are all around the world of New Haven. They hide in all sorts of little areas. What's special about them is that they do not have health. Rather, their mental strength is so strong, that they rely solely on it for survival. But once they run out, they wither and die. They are also fast, but cannot carry weapons due to their size.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - N/A
- Attack - 20
- Mental Strength - 350
- Speed - 45

Elves

Small woodfolk who use nature at their disposal, and can make use of any plant to make herbs and potions. They come from a planet known as Econia. They are fast, and they can call upon animals for aid. However, they lack in mental strength and are relatively weak.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 140
- Attack - 15
- Mental Strength - 90
- Speed - 60

Orc

From a planet called Zebosh, these brutes come from a history of war and violence. They are war-hardened barbarians, and aren't usually too smart, thus why the country of Veshob is on par of an Earthling third-world country. They are very strong, and have plenty of health. Just don't rely on them moving fast or using magic.

Stats Level 1:

- Health - 160
- Attack - 50
- Mental Strength - 50
- Speed - 20

Classes:

These are different classes available to you. Please choose these wisely, as they not only determine your stat increases, weapons you can use, and what special attacks you can use, but also your role on the team.

For specials, you are allowed to have three. Every five levels, you will be able to swap an old one for a new one, though this is not necessary. New abilities increase up to level twenty.

Soldier

Weapons: Guns, bows and arrows, knives

Specials:

- For all levels, your options are grenade, knife throw, flash grenade, and trip wire for outside of battle mode (to kill enemies before battle mode).
- No level specials, soldiers do not use Mental Strength, but rather, number of objects in their inventory.

Stats Increase:

Health: +20
Attack: +15
Mental Strength: No Change
Speed: -5

Warrior

Weapons: Swords

Specials:

- Level 1:
- Fire Sword: 40 damage (+5 every 5 levels), 40 Mental Strength
- Slash Combo: 60 Damage (+5 every level), usable once every five moves.
- Block: Raises shields and deflects one move of 15 damage or less (+5 every 5 levels).
- Level 5:
- Bolt Sword: 50 Damage (+5 every 5 levels), 40 Mental Strength
- Ice Brand: Freeze Enemies solid, 50 Mental Strength
- Level 10:
- Laser Sword: Shoots lasers at far away enemies, uses your Attach stat, 20 Mental Strenth
- Sneak Attack: If outside of battle mode, use this to attack first, causing additional damage.
- Level 15
- Ultima Sword: 100 Damage, 110 Mental Strength
- Force Block: Blocks special attacks dealing 50 damage or less (+5 every 5 levels)
- Level 20
- Finishing Stab: One hit kill, works only on some enemies
- Omega: 250 Damage, 250 Mental Strength

Stats Increase:

Health: +10
Attack: +15
Speed: +5

Thieves

Weapons: Bows and arrows, knives

Specials:

- Thieves are masters of stealth, and can sneak up behind enemies and steal items without them noticing. Does not work in battle.
- No level-based specials.

Stats Increase:

Health: No Change
Attack: -10
Speed: +20

Survivalist

Weapons: Any and all weapons, plus they can make weapons out of any material around them.

Specials:

- Can use their survival skills to kill in unique ways (maming plenty of one-hit kills), and can also make weapons out of ordinary objects. Think a mix of Riddick and McGyver.

Stats Increase:

Health: +30
Attack: No Change
Speed: +10

Wizard

Weapons: Staffs (increase magic ability by adding certain damage to each attack)

Specials:

- Level 1
- Fire: 20 fire damage (+5 every 5 levels), 15 Mental Strength
- Bolt: 20 lightening damage, 15 Mental Strength
- Mage Shield: Blocks special attacks up to 25 damage (+5 every five levels), 20 Mental Strength
- Level 5
- Silence: Shut people up! Make them unable to use specials for 3 turns (except for soldiers, thieves and survivalists), 25 Mental Strength
- Stone: Make enemies turn to stone, 100 Mental Strength
- Level 10
- Fire Plus: 60 Fire Damage (+5 every 5 levels), 50 Mental Strength
- Bolt Plus: 60 Lightening Damage (+5 every 5 levels), 50 Mental Strength
- Level 15
- Mage Fortress: Blocks special attacks up to 50 damage (+5 every five levels), 45 Mental Strength
- Shatter: Make a massive shockwave, damaging all enemies with 40 damage (+5 every 5 levels), 50 Mental Strength
- Level 20
- Fire Wall: 60 Fire damage to all enemies (+5 every 5 levels), 70 Mental Strength
- Thunder Wall: 60 Lightening damage to all enemies (+5 every 5 levels), 70 Mental Strength

Stats Increase:

Health: No Change
Attack: -20
Speed: No Change
Mental Strength: +40

Healer

Weapons: Staffs

Specials:

- Level 1
- Heal: Heal 10 health points to an ally (+5 every 5 levels), 15 Mental Strength
- Cure: Cures any ailments on your allies, 25 Mental Strength
- Mage Shield: Blocks special attacks up to 25 damage (+5 every five levels), 20 Mental Strength
- Level 5
- Sound: Cure silence on an ally, 25 Mental Strength
- Chisel: Cure stone on ally, 50 Mental Strength
- Level 10
- Heal Plus: Heal 30 Health Points on an ally (+5 every 5 levels), 45 Mental Strength
- Thaw: Cure freezing, 25 Mental Strength
- Level 15
- Life: Resurrect an ally, healing half their health, 75 Mental Strength
- Surrounding Wall: Make a wall for all allies that blocks 50 damage or less (+5 every 5 levels)
- Level 20
- Full Life: Resurrect an ally, restoring all health, 120 Mental Strength
- Reverse Time: Take back up to 5 moves in the movelist, 150 Mental Strength

Stats Increase:

Attack: -20
Speed: No Change
Mental Strength: +50

Necromancer

Weapons: Scythes

Specials:

- Level 1
- Summon Skeleton: Summon and control skeleton with 50 Health Points, 20 Attack, 25 Speed and no specials. 30 Mental Strength
- Unholy Healing: Heal 10 Health Points to self (+5 every 5 levels), 15 Mental Strength
- Torment: Cause 30 damage to Mental Strength, 30 Mental Strength
- Level 5
- Summon Troll: Summon troll with 75 Health Points, 40 Attack, 25 Speed, 100 Mental Strength, and two specials. 40 Mental Strength
- Specials for Troll: Torment, Skull Smash (65 attack, causes 20 damage to self)
- Summon Harpy: Summon harpy with 60 Health Points, 35 Attack, 25 Speed, 130 Mental Strength and one special, 40 Mental Strength
- Special for Harpy: Sing (attract enemies, making them unable to attack, 20 Mental Strength)
- Level 10
- Battle Chant: Increases team's Attack by 10 (+5 every 5 levels), 25 Mental Points
- Devour: Instant kill of an enemy with 30 health points left or less.
- Level 15
- Unholy Resurrection: Raise the dead, restoring half their health, and if an enemy, turn them to your side, 50 Mental Strength
- Summon Warbeast: Summon a warbeast with 100 Health Points, 80 Attack, 15 Speed, 175 Mental Strength, and three specials
- Specials for Warbeast: Fist bound (causes 130 damage to all enemies, 75 Mental Points), Smash (190 damage, 90 Mental Strength), Epic Roar (lower all enemy defense by 20, 50 Mental Strength)
- Level 20
- Summon C'thulu: Summon the Dark Lord C'thulu himself, with 250 Health Points, 300 Attack, 50 Speed, and 250 Mental Strength, and three specials. Sucks all your Mental Strength
- Specials for C'thulu: Foul Sweep (causes 500 damage to all enemies, 100 Mental Strength), Portal (makes portal causing all enemies with less than 1/4 of their health to be sucked in, 150 Mental Strength), and Devour
- Soul Capture/Summon ???: Capture the soul of any enemy with less than 1/8 of their health left, and be able to use that same enemy as an ally in future battles. Please note that only one sould can be kept at a time, and when you catch a new one, the old one will disappear. 250 Mental Strength

Stats Increase:

Attack: No Change
Speed: -10
Mental Strength: +100

Psychic

Weapons: None

Specials:

- Psychics can use their abilities outside of battle, making certain situations easier.
- Level 1
- Blast: 30 damage (+5 per 5 levels), 30 Mental Strength
- Shield: Blocks up to 20 Damage (+5 per level), 25 Mental Strength
- Lift: Lift nearby objects, damage depending on object, 40 Mental Strength
- Level 5
- Push: Push enemies away, 70 damage, 50 Mental Strength
- Gamma Ray: Blind enemy for 2 turns, 75 Mental Strength
- Level 10
- Ray Shield: Cover all allies with a huge shield that blocks moves 60 damage or lower, 75 Mental Strength
- Swap: Switch to the form of an enemy, trading in your stats and specials with theirs. No Mental Strength penalties. Lasts one battle.
- Level 15
- Implode: Make an enemy of level 8 or lower (+1 every level) implode, causing instant death.
- Vortex: Cause a vortex that causes 75 damage to all enemies, 80 Mental Strength
- Level 20
- Create: Create an object or person from recent memory to use in any fashion. Takes all Mental Strength.
- Destroy: Destroy any object or person in the field. Takes all Mental Strength.

Stats Increase:

Health: +50
Attack: -30
Speed: +40
Mental Strength: +75

Species-Specific Specials (SSS):

Robots:

Self Destruct - Kills all enemies, and self.

Elves:

Woodland Call - Call apon animals to do unspecified damage to enemies.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for the epic long read.

Here's an example character profile:
    Character Name: Gigakoops
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
    Level : 10

Current Weapon: Ivory Sword (+45 Attack)
    Current Armor: Steel Armor (+30 Health, -10 Speed)

Stats:
    - Health: 210
    - Attack: 150
    - Mental Strength: 170
    - Speed: 75

Specials:

- Block: Raises shields and deflects one move of 15 damage or less (+5 every 5 levels).
    - Ice Brand: Freeze Enemies solid, 50 Mental Strength
    - Laser Sword: Shoots lasers at far away enemies, uses your Attach stat, 20 Mental Strenth

Players:

Jibjqrkl
    Jibbles

Android Survivalist

- Health - 220
    - Attack - 45
    - Mental Strength - 50
    - Speed - 25

Specials:

- Can use their survival skills to kill in unique ways (maming plenty of one-hit kills), and can also make weapons out of ordinary objects. Think a mix of Riddick and McGyver.
    edited April 2012
    How would I be able to make this easier for you guys to understand?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2012
    Wait so does this make my Story and Adventure threads the first rate ones?
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4723495 said:
    Wait so does this make my Story and Adventure threads the first rate ones?

Yes.

And it was a joke over how popular yours are compared to anything I do :)
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4723498 said:
    Yes.

And it was a joke over how popular yours are compared to anything I do :)

I'm not sure if popular is a good word for it. I know at least 5 people read my stuff. Most of the responses in both those threads are by me. I guess the key is to make something simple and treat it with care.
    edited April 2012
    Witticus;4723500 said:
    I'm not sure if popular is a good word for it. I know at least 5 people read my stuff. Most of the responses in both those threads are by me. I guess the key is to make something simple and treat it with care.

Yeah, I think I screwed up the first one.
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4723511 said:
    Yeah, I think I screwed up the first one.

As I found out that giving people too much control of stories is a surefire way to fail. Best thing to do is spark the creativity and see where it goes from there.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    jib's character said:
    Jibbles

Android Survivalist

- Health - 220
    - Attack - 45
    - Mental Strength - 50
    - Speed - 25

Specials:

like this?
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4723586 said:
    like this?

Pretty close, but you should include Level and your Level 1 skills.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4723607 said:
    Pretty close, but you should include Level and your Level 1 skills.

aren't we all just gonna start at level 1?

and what skills?
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4723615 said:
    aren't we all just gonna start at level 1?

and what skills?

Yeah, I forgot Survivalists have no other skills. Also, it's best to keep the levels up so I know what kind of enemies to throw at you and such.
    edited April 2012
    I'll be adding current players on the second post of this thread.