Need suggestions for series of articles on movie you hate...

mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hey forum roamers,

I need you guys to give a title of a movie you hate and just a brief blurb of why you hate it.

Here's a link to an article based on someone suggesting the Tom Hanks film Cast Away.

Leave me your name and city, state to credit you in the article, or I'll just use your RB forum username. Thanks for any/all people who participate.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Cambridge, Ohio (Use my forum name)

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Even if it's a kids movie, that's no excuse to make something so dreadful that is starts with a fitting metaphor for itself: a poop joke. And it only goes downhill from there. From the hackneyed themes that aren't even executed well, to the overall cheesy plot, and a climax that doesn't even try to make sense, this film is a waste of your child's time, especially if you have literally any other Disney film laying around the house.

Use the above if you want. My most hated movie is a foreign cartoon no one's ever heard of (and I hope they never will), and I decided to go with something less obscure.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    The English Patient. The main character is a big jerk.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited April 2012
    One of my microreviews:
    Borat" said:
    Satire is not a good justification for bad comedy, let alone bad cinema.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Superbad. There are far worse movies out there than Superbad - for example, Superbabies 2: Baby Geniuses - but none of them had the success Superbad had, and that's why I hate it so much. This movie should not have made as much money as it did. All of the characters, with the possible exception of Michael Cera's role, are loathable d-bags. I recognize that it's supposed to be a comedy and that the characters are not necessarily supposed to be likeable or deep - and that most often comedies aren't character-driven movies - but the characters were unoriginal, uninteresting stereotypes with little freshness to offer in the comedy genre. Yay, another movie about incredibly unattractive people trying to get laid. Even Dumb & Dumber, while as stupid as the title suggests, had charming characters. The recent influx of "Bromedies" really needs to just ****ing stop.

I'm okay with being referred to by username.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Runesmith;4724386 said:
    Superbad. There are far worse movies out there than Superbad - for example, Superbabies 2: Baby Geniuses - but none of them had the success Superbad had, and that's why I hate it so much. This movie should not have made as much money as it did. All of the characters, with the possible exception of Michael Cera's role, are loathable d-bags. I recognize that it's supposed to be a comedy and that the characters are not necessarily supposed to be likeable or deep - and that most often comedies aren't character-driven movies - but the characters were unoriginal, uninteresting stereotypes with little freshness to offer in the comedy genre. Yay, another movie about incredibly unattractive people trying to get laid. Even Dumb & Dumber, while as stupid as the title suggests, had charming characters. The recent influx of "Bromedies" really needs to just ****ing stop.

I'm okay with being referred to by username.

And this leads me into saying, the Hangover/The Hangover 2. Both these movies sucked and used stupidity to make money, something Jackass did long before.

Just use my forum name, i don't specify my location, it's unknown even to me ;) lol.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4724727 said:
    And this leads me into saying, the Hangover/The Hangover 2. Both these movies sucked and used stupidity to make money, something Jackass did long before.

Just use my forum name, i don't specify my location, it's unknown even to me ;) lol.

Agreed. Awful movies all around.