Weekly DLC Previews On the Harmonix Livestream!!!

edited August 2013 in Rock Band
Hey gang,

Do you like DLC? Do you like seeing DLC charts before you decide to purchase? Do you like getting some assorted trivia, game play notes and pro tips from HMX devs? Then you should definitely keep an eye on the Harmonix Livestream, because we're planning to make DLC previews a more regular feature!

We've had tremendously positive responses to our past livestreams, and the forum community has always had an interest in previewing DLC before release, so we're aiming to host these mini livestreams on a weekly basis to help keep the core more informed / entertained. Here are the who, what, when, where and why:

WHO: The jokers in the Harmonix Community Team! Plus members of our Audio and QA teams.

WHAT: A short weekly livestream designed to preview the next DLC release.

WHEN: Mondays at 6pm EST.

WHERE: On the Official Harmonix Livestream channel on Twitch.TV.

WHY: So the community can preview charts before release, gain a greater understanding of the tracks / DLC process and hopefully laugh / love a little but along the way.

We'll keep this thread open to allow for discussion, feedback and suggestions / requests for future content. All other chatter related to the DLC specifics can get posted in the official weekly DLC discussion thread.

Keep that link handy and don't forget to TUNE IN EVERY MONDAY AT 6PM EST!

http://www.twitch.tv/harmonixmusic

Comments

• SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    Even though I'm not that jazzed about this weeks DLC this is very cool show to tune into. I'm just hoping when the larger packs or albums come back, each and every song will get the same treatment.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    I expect full participation in Drops of Jupiter's chorus.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    stupid timezones. what time is EST right now?
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4725049 said:
    stupid timezones. what time is EST right now?
    4:30. You've got an hour and a half.
    edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Sounds great. Are we just getting RB3 previews or will we get Blitz too?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    Hooray!
    I should remember what time zone I'm in. I always forget. I only remember that Sweden is six hours ahead of me and it's 4:40 here.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4725047 said:
    I expect full participation in Drops of Jupiter's chorus.

I don't know how it goes, it changes each time.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited April 2012
    meh

Sorry, someone was going to say it. I have claimed the 1st naysayer spot. Nay I say.

(Secret Hooray)
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Sweet like potato pie with whip cream..
    (Then PS3/Wii players can watch video of something they can't connect to
    ). :D
  • edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4725053 said:
    Sounds great. Are we just getting RB3 previews or will we get Blitz too?

We'll only be showing RB3 previews now, but we're definitely talking about doing Blitz previews closer to launch / after launch. We'll likely pick and choose and show one or the other depending on the release so the show doesn't become too long.
    edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725124 said:
    We'll only be showing RB3 previews now, but we're definitely talking about doing Blitz previews closer to launch / after launch. We'll likely pick and choose and show one or the other depending on the release so the show doesn't become too long.

there is no such thing as livestreams being "too long"
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725124 said:

Sweet, I more prefer RB3, but Blitz is welcome as I'm buying it day one. When can we expect more news on the setlist?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited April 2012
    Will these livestreams be live? And what's the chance of getting them in a format we can watch at home, such as Betamax?
  • edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4725137 said:
    there is no such thing as livestreams being "too long"
    While it's awesome hearing that you're down for the long haul, I don't think we've got the bandwidth to do hour long shows every week! We'll aim to keep these around 15 min for the weekly shows, shoot for 1 hour long shows monthly for big reveals / interviews and try to do 2 hour blow outs quarterly for bigger feature stuff, event demos and longer Q&As. Schedule is still a work in progress!
    crash13;4725148 said:
    Sweet, I more prefer RB3, but Blitz is welcome as I'm buying it day one. When can we expect more news on the setlist?
    Soon!
    Lawdog1521;4725158 said:
    Will these livestreams be live? And what's the chance of getting them in a format we can watch at home, such as Betamax?

Yes, the livestreams will be live. As of right now, they will only be live. Who knows how long it could take to get permission to host on YouTube, release those Betamax or schedule the traveling kabuki theater performances you've been asking for.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2012
    I'll watch this week :) Even though I already pretty much know it's buy-all for me.

Will there be pro guitar/bass in the previews?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Fun! It warms my heart to see Harmonix do things like this.
  • edited April 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4725190 said:
    Will there be pro guitar/bass in the previews?

It depends on the week and on the release. If we have the time and feel that the Pro chart is of especial interest then we'll try to sneak them in there. The main focus will be 5 lane charts but we'll try to mix it up.
  • edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725203 said:
    It depends on the week and on the release. If we have the time and feel that the Pro chart is of especial interest then we'll try to sneak them in there. The main focus will be 5 lane charts but we'll try to mix it up.

So no pro keys?
    edited April 2012
    So only Pro Guitar and Bass when someone in the vicinity can play them?
    edited April 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4725207 said:
    So no pro keys?
    I had the same thought :S
    GNFfhqwhgads;4725209 said:

Or when it's "Something in the Way" level difficulty :p
    edited April 2012
    So no pro keys?

They had pro keys last week.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Surprised to say, but I'm getting the whole week. Yellowcard and Eddie Money both look fun on Guitar, and Drops of Jupiter is just a good song for parties/vocals/keys.
  • edited April 2012
    So no pro keys?
    Yes to Pro keys, but you likely already saw us previewing those on the stream 30 minutes ago. It's just a matter of making a call as to what people are most interested in seeing.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4725209 said:

We auto play everything for these weekly previews, so we're more than covered for Pro guitar charts! Just wait til the 1-2 hour live shows when we have to play them and then things will get really dicey.
    edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725301 said:
    We auto play everything for these weekly previews

Except the guitar on the first few seconds of that Yellowsong card .... what was up with that?
    edited April 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4725307 said:
    Except the guitar on the first few seconds of that Yellowsong card .... what was up with that?

i'd refuse to play that song as well :p
  • edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4725327 said:
    i'd refuse to play that song as well :p

You and others told me to go listen to the song on YouTube since I was expressing my displeasure of having so much chatter interfere with the song. You guys think you're funny? Huh? You think I was tuning into the livestream to listen to the song? No! I was there to take a look at the charts WHICH requires me to listen to the song as well. THEY GO HAND-IN-HAND. And so what, you guys told me to go listen to the song on YouTube and sync it with the chart? You think that can be done in 5 seconds? It's harder than you guys make it sound.

If you honestly didn't have problems with them talking the whole time while watching the song, you either

1) Are an enormungous-giganium Harmonix fanboy
    2) Weren't really trying to feel the chart, you were just watching different-colored notes scroll down your screen

Now since I've confronted one of the forum's Queen Bees I expect that this post will become a magnet to all hatred.

But hey Harmonix, nice job with the livestream. It really helps us to decided what to buy. My only suggestion would be to remain silent while the song is playing. Thanks!

But as I stated, I do expect to be run off by the forum posters (or a moderator). I don't care, however, because I had to confront this super Harmonix fanboy behavior. It just disgusts me.
    edited April 2012
    You can still hear the song under their talking.
    edited April 2012
    If you want the song and the chart, wait 12 damn hours for YouTube videos.
  • edited April 2012
    dog037;4725369 said:
    You can still hear the song under their talking.

Yup. If they just played the songs it would be kind of boring. Might as well just wait til tomorrow when they are up on youtube.