Weekly DLC Previews On the Harmonix Livestream!!!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    BohemianMatt;4725375 said:
    And has today's livestream already ended?
    yeah. It was less then a half hour.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    OK, I just now realized that it probably wouldn't be very long. 'Til next week then!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    ssmpentertainment;4725363 said:
    You and others told me to go listen to the song on YouTube since I was expressing my displeasure of having so much chatter interfere with the song. You guys think you're funny? Huh? You think I was tuning into the livestream to listen to the song? No! I was there to take a look at the charts WHICH requires me to listen to the song as well. THEY GO HAND-IN-HAND. And so what, you guys told me to go listen to the song on YouTube and sync it with the chart? You think that can be done in 5 seconds? It's harder than you guys make it sound.

If you honestly didn't have problems with them talking the whole time while watching the song, you either

1) Are an enormungous-giganium Harmonix fanboy
    2) Weren't really trying to feel the chart, you were just watching different-colored notes scroll down your screen

Now since I've confronted one of the forum's Queen Bees I expect that this post will become a magnet to all hatred.

But hey Harmonix, nice job with the livestream. It really helps us to decided what to buy. My only suggestion would be to remain silent while the song is playing. Thanks!

But as I stated, I do expect to be run off by the forum posters (or a moderator). I don't care, however, because I had to confront this super Harmonix fanboy behavior. It just disgusts me.

1. i can easily feel the chart without listening to the music. i play with my sound off all the time because my neighbours don't like music.
    2. i actually prefer the talk, because they tell us interesting things we don't hear so often. the songs? i can hear those everyday.
    3. FanGirl

4. if you really want to look at the charts with the proper music. wait 10 minutes till after the DLC is released. there are already full videos on youtube in that short amount of time
  • edited April 2012

But as I stated, I do expect to be run off by the forum posters (or a moderator). I don't care, however, because I had to confront this super Harmonix fanboy behavior. It just disgusts me.

If having a martyr complex was a bannable offense, I might as well start calling myself Pontius Pilate, so you're fine there.

Using alt accounts is a bannable offense, though, so I'll just go ahead and permaban this one so you can resume posting under your usual account, DemonUnicorns.
  • edited April 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4725307 said:
    Except the guitar on the first few seconds of that Yellowsong card .... what was up with that?

We forgot to turn autoplay on. Classic goof.
    But hey Harmonix, nice job with the livestream. It really helps us to decided what to buy. My only suggestion would be to remain silent while the song is playing. Thanks!

We'd love to be able to but there are all sorts of licensing complications here. Sorry that you're not wild about it (and sorry if you were upset at how people were responding to your criticism) but this will likely be the format of the show moving forward. We'll aim to keep the chatter more focused on the quality of gameplay, trivia and pro tips, but if you're at all familiar with our tone on the podcast / forums / social platforms, then it's fair to say things may get a bit goofy.

If you're not satisfied with YouTube or muting out livestream as an alternative then I'd recommend waiting until Tuesday and checking any of the other community generated charts online.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited April 2012
    Rad, man. I hope you guys do decide to put up Blitz gameplay at some point because I have a feeling I may pick up DLC songs that look fun in Blitz even if I don't think they would be for RB.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2012
    too bad I missed it again... I have to remember....

it also does not help that I get home from class about 30 min after it start (Only 2 weeks left!)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2012
    Flash Player + iAnything = No Worky = :(
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited April 2012
    I keep telling people that iProducts doesn't have flash player!
    But no one believes me and they tell me it's not a deal breaker! >:C
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited April 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4725508 said:
    I keep telling people that iProducts doesn't have flash player!
    But no one believes me and they tell me it's not a deal breaker! >:C

something tells me the people you talk to dont even know what flash player is
  • edited April 2012
    BachiG;4725502 said:

Check out the free Twitch.TV app. Pope and I were both screening from our iPhones today and it played fine. Comments didn't update in the realest of real time, but it worked fine for watching video.
    edited April 2012
    jibjqrkl;4725509 said:
    something tells me the people you talk to dont even know what flash player is
    Or even worse, don't care!
    They ask me what phone they should get with a picture of an iPhone in their head. And when I carefully explain EVERY reason not to get an iPhone, they're like "Thanks for the advice, Mario!" and get an iPhone! ARGHHHHHHHHH!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited April 2012
    Dude, if I can watch.... erm...... "special" videos on my iPod, I'm sold.

That's like the only reason I have one.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725510 said:
    Check out the free Twitch.TV app. Pope and I were both screening from our iPhones today and it played fine. Comments didn't update in the realest of real time, but it worked fine for watching video.

I thought that I had tried that before and it didn't work, so I deleted the app...maybe it was an earlier version. I'll reinstall and try again next time. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    BachiG;4725502 said:

There's a twitchtv app that you can use to watch it very easily.

EDIT: ninja'd, I guess.

EDIT 2: Not really ninja'd even, just didn't read the post.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    hmxhenry;4725387 said:
    We're legally not allowed to just let videos run in their entirety without commentary. Clearances generally extend to 30 second previews in the context of gameplay (as with the DLC trailers here on RockBand.com) but anything more than that could upset bands / labels / management / lawyers. So that's why audio commentary is a requirement for any livestreams we produce.

Don't worry, hmxhenry, if you ever license any of my music to be in Rock Band, I'll let you use it wherever you want, for as long as you want.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Cool for others, but the last time I stayed up for a livestream at 6PM EST, I could barely stand up by the time I was at uni.

Still great though.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2012
    Der_Lex;4725386 said:
    Using alt accounts is a bannable offense, though, so I'll just go ahead and permaban this one so you can resume posting under your usual account, DemonUnicorns.

That feel when Lex

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n57iFFsp1qmrltk.png
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Damn, missed the livestream.
    Oh well I'll be sure to watch next week's livestream.
    Nice to see you guys are doing this every week now.
    Are you still going to do special holiday livestreams?
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited May 2012
    HeyRiles;4725890 said:

I feel like there is no limit to what you, Riles, can express in anime stills. :D
    edited May 2012
    You should check out DLCQuickplay every Friday morning, I always post my anime reaction face for each week's DLC announcement since image embedding is allowed there
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited May 2012
    We should get a new Blitz song every week
  • edited May 2012
    crash13;4733251 said:
    We should get a new Blitz song every week

We've got a different plan for Blitz set list announcements, but we've definitely considered showing what the current RB DLC tracks will look like in Blitz. Possibly even a trade off between Pro charts and Blitz charts. If there's enough interest in Blitz charts we could definitely try to slot them in to future shows.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4733259 said:
    We've got a different plan for Blitz set list announcements, but we've definitely considered showing what the current RB DLC tracks will look like in Blitz. Possibly even a trade off between Pro charts and Blitz charts. If there's enough interest in Blitz charts we could definitely try to slot them in to future shows.

That sounds pretty awesome actually, thanks!
    edited May 2012
    Disappointed I didn't win a code today. Gonna wait 'til 5am then!
    edited May 2012
    Gots myself a code.

What I need to get is a capture card instead of my ****ty camera :p
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    There were codes on offer today? Dang. That'll get me to tune in next time :p
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I managed to snag one and make videos for guitar/bass of the three songs.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    I haz a capcard /flutters eyelashes/
    edited May 2012
    You don't like guys, so fluttering eyelashes will get you nowhere with us :p