Weekly DLC Previews On the Harmonix Livestream!!!

Comments

  • 88sBand88sBand Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4739482 said:
    There never has been a better week than this week's DLC.
    As a statement this is false.

    As a professional music critic also false.

    But as your opinion...SURE!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Pretty sure it was never represented as anything but his opinion, so, um....no ****?
  • 88sBand88sBand Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I know that. I also know that a certain someone flips out if someone says IMHO...:P

    Also that is like...your opinion.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Mhm. One widely shared, at that.
  • edited May 2012
    BachiG;4739635 said:
    So I understand there was no stream today, but, would that be the reason why I still can't get the twitch.tv to work on my iPhone (3GS, with latest firmware installed)? I searched for Harmonixmusic, Rockband etc. under channels, and i tried following, but no dice. The link to the stream actually says Justin.TV which is a $5 app vs. free for Twitch. Any hints, anyone?
    Hurm. I can't imagine our troubles with the show should have anything do do with not even being able to subscribe. Have you been able to subscribe or view any other channels?

    I've been able to watch out stream on both my iPad and iPhone using just the free Twitch TV app. I'd see if you have any luck with other shows to see if it's just us and then revisit when we make another attempt next Monday.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    So are you going to completely skip the Paramore previews? :(
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    The songs are out! Why do you care!?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    Because! I'll feel all happy and stuff :3
  • edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4741023 said:
    Because! I'll feel all happy and stuff :3
    They gave you codes to hand out and a post in the blog section. HMX has done more than enough to make you "happy and stuff".
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4741020 said:
    So are you going to completely skip the Paramore previews? :(

    Regrettably, I think we'll have to. It's just a bad week for travel for a lot of people involved. We could try to do it on Friday when everyone is back, but at that point the tracks have been out for days and most people who wanted to preview the charts will have seen them on the videos you supported with codes.

    We'll see about dropping some trivia or sharing some of the stories here or in the discussion thread tomorrow though!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4741018 said:
    Hurm. I can't imagine our troubles with the show should have anything do do with not even being able to subscribe. Have you been able to subscribe or view any other channels?

    I've been able to watch out stream on both my iPad and iPhone using just the free Twitch TV app. I'd see if you have any luck with other shows to see if it's just us and then revisit when we make another attempt next Monday.

    I haven't tried other shows (no interest in them), but reading some of the reviews on the app review page makes it sound like it's a pretty buggy app (the latest release anyway). I've been able to register, and I tried on both my phone and iPad but it crashes A LOT... I think everytime I've hit the "Games" menu.

    Is doing a Search for "Harmonixmusic" the best way to try and find the channel? That keeps coming up "No Results" and there's no way I'm sifting through 4336 other channels to find it by brute force :D

    Also, I realize this isn't Harmonix issue to try and troubleshoot, but I do appreciate the help.

    EDIT: For S&G's I just tried a couple of the "Featured" game channels and they seem to work...So I guess I just need to figure out a way to find the Rockband channel somehow...
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4741040 said:
    Regrettably, I think we'll have to. It's just a bad week for travel for a lot of people involved. We could try to do it on Friday when everyone is back, but at that point the tracks have been out for days and most people who wanted to preview the charts will have seen them on the videos you supported with codes.
    Awwwwww, ok.
    hmxhenry;4741040 said:
    We'll see about dropping some trivia or sharing some of the stories here or in the discussion thread tomorrow though!
    That's good enough by me :D
    Thanks again HMX. You guys are the best!
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited May 2012
    Everybody knows that HMX is the best.
  • edited May 2012
    BachiG;4741141 said:
    I haven't tried other shows (no interest in them), but reading some of the reviews on the app review page makes it sound like it's a pretty buggy app (the latest release anyway). I've been able to register, and I tried on both my phone and iPad but it crashes A LOT... I think everytime I've hit the "Games" menu.

    Is doing a Search for "Harmonixmusic" the best way to try and find the channel? That keeps coming up "No Results" and there's no way I'm sifting through 4336 other channels to find it by brute force :D

    Also, I realize this isn't Harmonix issue to try and troubleshoot, but I do appreciate the help.

    EDIT: For S&G's I just tried a couple of the "Featured" game channels and they seem to work...So I guess I just need to figure out a way to find the Rockband channel somehow...
    You can try going directly to the URL (http://www.twitch.tv/harmonixmusic) and seeing if that prompts the app. Or you can search for Harmonixmusic as the channel name.

    Other than that I'd suggest at least trying one other show to see if it's an issue specifically with our channel (which is possible) or with your account / connection or the app. Twitch.TV folks have been really easy to work with when we've talked to them so you can try dropping them a line for additional troubleshooting. Hope that helps!
    Cipher_Peon;4741155 said:

    Thanks again HMX. You guys are the best!
    dragoninforcer;4741158 said:
    Everybody knows that HMX is the best.

    We try! :)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 2012
    There's a Twitch TV update which went live today and seems to have fixed a lot of issues.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2012
    grumblevolcano;4741495 said:
    There's a Twitch TV update which went live today and seems to have fixed a lot of issues.

    Cool..thanks for the update...I'll see if it works now during the next livestream. It's still buggy (in that it constantly asks me if I want to install the damn app, even when it's already loaded), but at least it let me "follow" Harmonixmusic now (which it didn't before). I'm guessing the channel only shows up when it's live?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2012
    If this next livestream doesn't work again, please make the next stream half an hour of Sean dancing
  • edited May 2012
    HeyRiles;4746921 said:
    If this next livestream doesn't work again, please make the next stream half an hour of Sean dancing

    Since tonight's show will likely be an hour long, we could do 30 min of Sean dancing over Maiden and then everyone will be happy!
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4746962 said:
    Since tonight's show will likely be an hour long, we could do 30 min of Sean dancing over Maiden and then everyone will be happy!

    I'll be pantsless while watching. Make me proud. (; lol
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    How about some hints on the Maiden Blitz song in the stream?
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    geo2n2;4747823 said:
    How about some hints on the Maiden Blitz song in the stream?

    or even better they can play it in Blitz :)
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited May 2012
    They wont. They already said on twitter that they wouldnt be playing the unknown Maiden song in Blitz
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    www1221;4747837 said:
    They wont. They already said on twitter that they wouldnt be playing the unknown Maiden song in Blitz

    how disappointing... I guess I should start using my if i want to stay in the know...
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    www1221;4747837 said:
    They wont. They already said on twitter that they wouldnt be playing the unknown Maiden song in Blitz

    but they didnt say they wouldn't play that song in rb3 :p
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2012
    I still can't get this damn TwatTV app to work. Guess I'll drive home again from work today without listening. :'(
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    Is the chat not loading up for anybody else?
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited May 2012
    For those who missed the livestream, you missed some awesome stuff, including this.
  • edited May 2012
  • silenttype01silenttype01 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    No new Blitz track. Only gameplay footage of the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.