Call of Duty Black Ops 2 announced!!!! bruther

Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
edited May 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Before reading this bruther, I have searched and seen no call of duty threads dude.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is finally announced bruther. Coming to stores on November 13 2012 dude. Just in time before the end of the world bruther.

Trailer reveal right here pal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sVyMvMjzE

Can't say I'm excited about this game dude. Not a big call of duty fan dude.

Comments

• dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    I'll make a comment/joke about yet another Call of Duty game.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    GreatJedi7;4726884 said:
    *sigh* Another one?
    Another what, another entry in a series that breaks records, then breaks its own records the next year? Didn't see that coming.
  • edited May 2012
    Hogan2000;4726851 said:
    Before reading this bruther, I have searched and seen no call of duty threads dude.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is finally announced bruther. Coming to stores on November 13 2012 dude. Just in time before the end of the world bruther.

Trailer reveal right here pal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sVyMvMjzE
    All those exclamation points.
    The best part

Can't say I'm excited about this game dude. Not a big call of duty fan dude.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Eh...I'll be waiting for the price drop.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited May 2012
    I'll buy it used bruther. I refuse to buy anything new that activision puts out dude. I don't want them to get the profit since what they did to guitar hero pal.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Meh, The only good GH game after Harmonix was Metallica, IMO. The lack of the best rhythm game developer is what doomed GH, in my opinion. I don't believe in boycotting companies, your one sale isn't going to make any difference, why withhold yourself from playing good games because of it?

Besides, the industry punching bag always changes to whomever is more successful. Five or six years ago, it was EA.
    edited May 2012
    Cubecubed;4726920 said:
    I don't believe in boycotting companies, your one sale isn't going to make any difference,
    If a million people all refuse their one sale...
    edited May 2012
    Cubecubed;4726920 said:
    Meh, The only good GH game after Harmonix was Metallica, IMO. The lack of the best rhythm game developer is what doomed GH, in my opinion. I don't believe in boycotting companies, your one sale isn't going to make any difference, why withhold yourself from playing good games because of it?

Besides, the industry punching bag always changes to whomever is more successful. Five or six years ago, it was EA.

really bruther. There are a bunch of people besides me that are turned off of the call of duty series bruther. It gets old like everything else pal. I guarantee that records will not be broke this time like Modern Warfare 3 was pal.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Hogan2000;4726929 said:
    really bruther. There are a bunch of people besides me that are turned off of the call of duty series bruther. It gets old like everything else pal. I guarantee that records will not be broke this time like Modern Warfare 3 was pal.

Modern Warfare 3 isn't even on pace to sell as much as Black ops 1 did, actually. But talking about a decline in sales in CoD is like talking about WoW losing subscribers, they are so far ahead of everyone else at this point that it doesn't matter all that much.

Honestly, CoD haters are a small but very vocal minority. Kind of the same situation with Madden, where its hard to find anyone with anything good to say about it on the internet, but it still sells like crazy.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Cubecubed;4726920 said:

Wonder how many will buy the game used though after how many hated the first one.
    Probably a spike in used game buying. IMO.

But i won't be buying this, quit buying after i bought black ops. These games are whoever can sit in one spot the longest... which i think makes war BORING.
    Give me bayonets and face to face combat!
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4726885 said:
    Another what, another entry in a series that breaks records, then breaks its own records the next year? Didn't see that coming.

Successful or not, Call of Duty is a very redundant series.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Cubecubed;4726939 said:
    Modern Warfare 3 isn't even on pace to sell as much as Black ops 1 did, actually. But talking about a decline in sales in CoD is like talking about WoW losing subscribers, they are so far ahead of everyone else at this point that it doesn't matter all that much.

Honestly, CoD haters are a small but very vocal minority. Kind of the same situation with Madden, where its hard to find anyone with anything good to say about it on the internet, but it still sells like crazy.

Or in public, most people even outside the internet think cod sucks.
    The million left playing it are the fanboys (addicts)
    edited May 2012
    M_Robbins5;4726977 said:
    Successful or not, Call of Duty is a very redundant series.
    Have you read anything about Black Ops II? It has campaign choices that affect main characters potentially dying, which ripples to future missions. There's a whole mode of sandbox gameplay. Treyarch picked their **** up after CoDWaW, Black Ops was really good from a campaign perspective.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    If by "really good", you mean "heavily scripted, contrived and full of gimmicks like period music meant to win you over with sheer charm and not actual substance", then yes.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Lol, why make a thread about something you're not even excited about?
    edited May 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4726980 said:
    Have you read anything about Black Ops II? It has campaign choices that affect main characters potentially dying, which ripples to future missions. There's a whole mode of sandbox gameplay. Treyarch picked their **** up after CoDWaW, Black Ops was really good from a campaign perspective.

No I haven't read anything about it if in fact they are trying to shake things up a bit and reinvent then it's about damn time.
    Still I stand by my statement for years Activision has been putting out the same recycled product every year they did the same with Guitar Hero and look how that ended up.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    sillystou;4727040 said:
    Lol, why make a thread about something you're not even excited about?

That's what I was thinking.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    M_Robbins5;4727123 said:
    No I haven't read anything about it if in fact they are trying to shake things up a bit and reinvent then it's about damn time.
    Still I stand by my statement for years Activision has been putting out the same recycled product every year they did the same with Guitar Hero and look how that ended up.

It's still the same old tired gameplay, they're just changing up the campaign.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I enjoyed Black-Ops and it got plenty of game time between myself and my wife. However, we found that MW3 was a let down and I switched to playing Battlefield 3, which has been a great change of pace (online multiplayer-wise) with some very fresh gametypes. I hope Black-Ops 2 breaks some new ground, otherwise I'll be sticking with the Battlefield series (until that gets old).
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    well I heard they are bringing back combat training... so that puts it on a maybe list for me...

The only thing I enjoyed in Black Ops was combat training!
    edited May 2012
    JBlack240;4727164 said:
    It's still the same old tired gameplay, they're just changing up the campaign.

True, I don't really see a point in buying the game myself.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    I played all CoDs except MW3 and never thought the series passed mediocre (most were bad or terrible).
    From what I've played:
    Black Ops > Modern Warfare 1 > CoD3 > World at War > CoD2 > CoD > MW2
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2012
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    I do admit that it was adorable seeing Battlefield 3 having this huge campaigning war against MW3 and completely blow in its campaign in so many levels.
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4726993 said:
    If by "really good", you mean "heavily scripted, contrived and full of gimmicks like period music meant to win you over with sheer charm and not actual substance", then yes.
    If by 'period music', you mean 'music that didn't even exist at the time', yes.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    As I've said: I don't enjoy the games, so I will not buy them. Simple as that.

Also, if you're surprised that this is happening, then you obviously should think about how business (especially Activision) works.
    edited May 2012
    all activision is trying to do bruther is make a quick dollar dude. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dude. BOOOOOOO