RBN DLC Discussion: 5/3/2012 (Xbox), 5/8/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/3/2012

Alternative

Small Room 9 - "Paging Ground Control" (160 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap

Bikey ft. Alyce - "I'm Dancing!" (80 MSP)

Indie Rock

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "I Don't Want to Hear About Your Crappy Boyfriend" (80 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish - "The Death Plague" (160 MSP)
Dirge Within - "Absolution" (160 MSP)
ETHS - "Adona

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Dat amount of my wishlist songs were getting... The final Supremacy track, Coulton and Anarchy Club all on the same week? Couldn't be any better!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited May 2012
    There's some really awesome stuff out this week. RBN impresses me more and more.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    If you like drumming, I recommend All the Hated. It's real fun on everything else too, but I especially enjoy the drums.

If you like rapping mixed with female vocals, or not-that-difficult keys, go for I'm Dancing.

Overall, a really strong week on both sides.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4728618 said:
    No complaints over here...but I swear that Anarchy Club song was a half-price one.

Rechecked and that's a no. It's correctly priced at $1.99.
    edited May 2012
    HMXLachesis;4728699 said:
    Rechecked and that's a no. It's correctly priced at $1.99.

I think it has to do with 2 authors working with them. One charges 99 cents while the other charges 1.99.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I get them mixed up. I did this last week as well.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    I love ALestorm! Glad to see it's porting over already!
    That's a good one too!
    Good PS3 week, yes I'm back already on ps3 :P my friends sent me hatemail. Haha ;)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Arcanon;4728687 said:
    If you like rapping mixed with female vocals, or not-that-difficult keys, go for I'm Dancing.

That sounds like a song for Cipher unless the only reason he likes Airplanes is because of the whole Hayley Williams situation.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    grumblevolcano;4728740 said:
    That sounds like a song for Cipher unless the only reason he likes Airplanes is because of the whole Hayley Williams situation.
    I think you're on to something here...
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    grumblevolcano;4728740 said:

I always think of Airplanes when I listen to this song. The structure is pretty similar, vocal wise; the main difference in I'm Dancing! is the acoustic guitar backbone is stronger in the instrumental part.

You can listen to (and download for free) the full song here.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    Witticus;4728708 said:
    I think it has to do with 2 authors working with them. One charges 99 cents while the other charges 1.99.

that's exactly it. TAG prices everything at 80 unless the band tells us otherwise, RGS prices everything at 160 unless told otherwise.

as for the songs.. RJA! ADTR!

And everyone should check out Adonai, it's great female fronted non screamy metal, and it's in both French and Hebrew. I believe this is the first song with Hebrew lyrics on RB.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Zemanator;4728771 said:
    I believe this is the first song with Hebrew lyrics on RB.

Hannukah Blessings has some Hebrew lines.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Zemanator;4728771 said:
    that's exactly it. TAG prices everything at 80 unless the band tells us otherwise, RGS prices everything at 160 unless told otherwise.

And while I totally wouldn't do it either, it is kinda disappointing that we won't know how the songs officially do relative to each other. 'Cause this is probably as close to an A/B pricing test that RBN can have, and more data's always nice.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited May 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4728803 said:
    And while I totally wouldn't do it either, it is kinda disappointing that we won't know how the songs officially do relative to each other. 'Cause this is probably as close to an A/B pricing test that RBN can have, and more data's always nice.

You can get some idea from the leaderboards.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    HMXLachesis;4728835 said:
    You can get some idea from the leaderboards.

I know, but it's not official, so you've always got that caveat of yea-but-not-really, so it's imperfect for data analysis, and... blah blah blah.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    Listened to all of the songs on the Xbox side.
    Definitely going to buy Relationship Sneakers (I was planning on it since it was announced) and not planning on buying anything else.

Paging Ground Control, Crack My Head and Let the People Out, All The Hated, and Coming Undone were really interesting though.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Loving the sound of Shatterglass - "Coming Undone". Just wish the author had released a video of it. Since swapping my xboxs about (1 for downloads + offline play, another at drumkit + online play), I never impulse buy now. Demo sections just don't do it for me.
  • edited May 2012
    Nothing exciting over on the Xbox side of things, but I'm super psyched that we're getting Back in Time so soon on the PS3. Now I can finally make my epic pirate metal setlist with the two Alestorm songs and Pirats Till We Die. An Anarchy Club song without keys at twice the 'usual' price is no deal for me, however, sorry.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    mhm, back in time is so damn fun on everythiiiiinnnngggggg
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Der_Lex;4728976 said:
    Back in Time
    jibjqrkl;4728981 said:
    back in time

Back Through Time. :p

lol.
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Yes!!! RJA!
    finally!!!!
    edited May 2012
    Back In Time is fairly obnoxious to listen to, so I can't recommend it on my end.
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4729039 said:
    Back In Time is fairly obnoxious to listen to, so I can't recommend it on my end.

So if you like the opposite of Paramore you'll love this song?
  • edited May 2012

Then again, we all know from what end of you your opinions originate, so it's all good. ;)
    edited May 2012
    Witticus;4729043 said:
    So if you like the opposite of Paramore you'll love this song?
    I can't really say that, because that logic can be twisted into a lot of things.
    Der_Lex;4729044 said:
    Then again, we all know from what end of you your opinions originate, so it's all good. ;)
    :I
  • edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4729045 said:
    :I

Oh come on, you totally set me up for that one. ;)
    edited May 2012
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    LTJ!!! W00tsauce!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited May 2012

Oh for... it freaking has the line "You put your faith in Odin and Thor, we put ours in cannons and whores." Being obnoxious is the song's ENTIRE POINT. And it's AWESOME :D