Blitz export

TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
When you export the Blitz tracks into RB3 will they come with a load of new in game goals as with previous exports?

Comments

• NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I think that would require another Rock Band 3 patch, something Harmonix probably won't want to do for just a few goals.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2012
    No; Blitz songs count as DLC and will count towards those goals, hwoever.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    There will never be any more goals for the game than there are now (and were at launch).
  • grimbluegrimblue Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    As long as the blitz songs are exportable to Rock Band 3, I'll be happy, cause I've been wanting Metal Health since Rock Band 1
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2012
    grimblue;4747499 said:
    As long as the blitz songs are exportable to Rock Band 3, I'll be happy, cause I've been wanting Metal Health since Rock Band 1
    Yep, exportable and I am also excited about "Metal Health"... Check out the "rumors and facts" thread stickied up top, it has all the info currently revealed in it.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4730174 said:
    There will never be any more goals for the game than there are now (and were at launch).

Yep, biggest downfall of Rock Band 3. As far as RB 3 is concerned, the world ended in October 2010. No forward-looking features, which was a major disapointment when one considers that its predecessor had the ever-evolving tour challenges.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    fcmlefty;4788820 said:
    Yep, biggest downfall of Rock Band 3. As far as RB 3 is concerned, the world ended in October 2010. No forward-looking features, which was a major disapointment when one considers that its predecessor had the ever-evolving tour challenges.
    I see what you're saying. Would have been cool if every piece of DLC had goals.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2012
    If all the new DLC had goals attached to them, it would be way too easy to reach Completionist.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4791597 said:
    If all the new DLC had goals attached to them, it would be way too easy to reach Completionist.
    Amp it up, baby!

I'm ready to spend the rest of my life glued to the game.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    fcmlefty;4788820 said:

Ever-evolving? Umm....wut? It just grouped your DLC. It's important for you for the game to do that for you rather than doing it yourself?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Odin Force;4791604 said:
    Amp it up, baby!

I'm ready to spend the rest of my life glued to the game.

They could do what CoD did with stars on the modern games. The on disc spec ops missions count towards the achievement stars list (there's an achievement for collecting all of these stars) and the DLC spec ops missions don't count (and have their own achievements attached).

What this would mean on RB is having a new goals fan count which doesn't count towards your rank as well as your old goals (the ones which are present now) and maybe a total of both (this is not present on CoD).
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Yes, but only if you bought DLC, and for most players of Rock Band, a LOT of it. See how that works? Rock Band has more DLC than any other game. The fact that the only effect it has on the main game is being able to play it is disappointing. HMX should work with an FPS game developer to see how to keep players engaged for a longer time after a game's release.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2012
    CONAN9845;4792349 said:
    Yes, but only if you bought DLC, and for most players of Rock Band, a LOT of it. See how that works? Rock Band has more DLC than any other game. The fact that the only effect it has on the main game is being able to play it is disappointing. HMX should work with an FPS game developer to see how to keep players engaged for a longer time after a game's release.

I've been playing since 07, that not keeping me entertained for a long time?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    even just 1000 fans for every new song you play would be better then nothing
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4792359 said:
    I've been playing since 07, that not keeping me entertained for a long time?
    We've all been playing for a long time, but we represent such a small number of players comparative to other games. Casual players aren't sucked in like they are for other games that have more incentive to continue playing. Your analogy doesn't disprove mine.

Jib, I agree. Anything that would keep that number, however slowly, creeping towards Completionist (without me having to play the game in a manner in which I simply don't want to play it) would be welcome by me. Keep in mind that it's just my opinion, and I realize that it's not shared by everyone.
    edited June 2012
    CONAN9845;4792349 said:
    HMX should work with an FPS game developer to see how to keep players engaged for a longer time after a game's release.
    Whatever those games do, Rock Band can't because it's not a first-person shooter. Except for map packs, which Harmonix release much more of (albeit on a much smaller scale, but it adds up to more).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    CONAN9845;4792349 said:
    HMX should work with an FPS game developer to see how to keep players engaged for a longer time after a game's release.

You mean how Activision has to make a new Call of Duty every year to keep the ball rolling?

And really, an FPS developer? If anything, Bethesda knows how to keep gamers excited for a game months after release.

But then again, they make RPGs. See what I'm going at?

Your post doesn't make sense.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Wait, we're saying there are other companies that know longevity better than Harmonix, who has GAMES they've released in 2007 IN OTHER GAMES they've released in 2010?

CoD doesn't know a thing about longevity, otherwise they wouldn't need yearly releases that stubbornly refuse to use content they just developed for a game with the same exact engine the previous year.
  • FabtrocksFabtrocks Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4796327 said:
    Wait, we're saying there are other companies that know longevity better than Harmonix, who has GAMES they've released in 2007 IN OTHER GAMES they've released in 2010?

CoD doesn't know a thing about longevity, otherwise they wouldn't need yearly releases that stubbornly refuse to use content they just developed for a game with the same exact engine the previous year.

Little Big Planet, millions of user created content, a lot of it is decent, they have DLC like The Muppets, Toy Story, Metal Gear Solid and Pirates of the Carribean, that is end less amount of fun.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2012
    Fabtrocks;4820402 said:
    Little Big Planet, millions of user created content, a lot of it is decent, they have DLC like The Muppets, Toy Story, Metal Gear Solid and Pirates of the Carribean, that is end less amount of fun.

Yes, and the key word in your phrase is user-created. While Harmonix has a UGC initiative available in the form of the RBN, when was the last time you saw a developer continuing to support a program with weekly DLC for as long as Harmonix has? Because, as you point out, LBP's content isn't created by Media Molecule, but rather the users.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    LoopyChew;4820566 said:
    Yes, and the key word in your phrase is user-created. While Harmonix has a UGC initiative available in the form of the RBN, when was the last time you saw a developer continuing to support a program with weekly DLC for as long as Harmonix has? Because, as you point out, LBP's content isn't created by Media Molecule, but rather the users.

Not that 18 months of support rivals HMX's well-over-40, and their updates are definitely not weekly, but LBP2 did issue official authored DLC content - not user generated, but created by Media Molecule or their professional content creation partners - as recently as June 2012.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    i don't know if this question has been answered definitely yet, but i was wondering if the Blitz songs will count as DLC tracks toward the RB3 DLC goals, like the Music Fan 1000 song goal. since these sort as DLC you'd think so, but you never know. i hope they do, because with the reduced DLC schedule, my hopes of getting to that 1000 song goal seem slimmer and slimmer.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    loopychew;4820566 said:
    yes, and the key word in your phrase is user-created. While harmonix has a ugc initiative available in the form of the rbn, when was the last time you saw a developer continuing to support a program with weekly dlc for as long as harmonix has?

amen!!!
    edited August 2012
    tnevaker;4850521 said:
    i don't know if this question has been answered definitely yet, but i was wondering if the Blitz songs will count as DLC tracks toward the RB3 DLC goals, like the Music Fan 1000 song goal. since these sort as DLC you'd think so, but you never know. i hope they do, because with the reduced DLC schedule, my hopes of getting to that 1000 song goal seem slimmer and slimmer.

It's sorted in RB3 as DLC so it will count. On another note, surely if you really want 1000 DLC, why don't you check out back catalog as there's more than enough songs available.
    edited August 2012
    Wouldn't sorting as DLC mean it will count?
    edited August 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4850544 said:
    Wouldn't sorting as DLC mean it will count?

Oops, typo.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited August 2012
    it should count... and because of the Foo Fighters song I will finally have enough to get the Dave Grohl Achievement
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    grumblevolcano;4850530 said:
    It's sorted in RB3 as DLC so it will count. On another note, surely if you really want 1000 DLC, why don't you check out back catalog as there's more than enough songs available.

i've been buying from the back catalog but there's not much left that i want. and i'm not going to buy a ton of songs i don't want just to get a single goal.