Punk rock band Strung Out is coming to Rock Band Network. YOU decide which tracks!

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited June 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Our partners at Fat Wreck Chords want to put the power in your hands!

They're going to bring some tracks from the seminal punk rock band Strung Out, and want YOU to decide which one first!

Here's the youtube page to check out the tracks :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBvDZOwdHA&feature=BFa&list=PLA2949092DB8D31EC

Go and let your voice be heard!

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Voted for Matchbook, but I will be happy with any and all Strung Out.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Hang on then.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Calling which is on GHWoR isn't a option?
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I have always liked Analog, so I voted for that.

...but I'd kill for Blueprints Of The Fall... x.x
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    Simi Valley hometown represent! Such a great grab Noble! Hard to decide which song to choose but I went with "In Harms Way" because its from one of their first albums. May I also suggest a track from their EP The Elements of Sonic Defiance = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PInqyE8dvk
  • TerminXTerminX Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Thanks a ton for not including Calling.

Don't have an opinion yet though; I'll listen to that Spotify playlist and come vote later.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    Actually the label wanted to do calling, but its exclusive to GH, so it wasn't an option.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4730089 said:
    Actually the label wanted to do calling, but its exclusive to GH, so it wasn't an option.

Don't mind that in the least, IMO that song was just not fun to play at all on any instrument.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    b4mv;4730108 said:
    Don't mind that in the least, IMO that song was just not fun to play at all on any instrument.

fun on every instrument for me
  • TZ1300TZ1300 Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Excellent news. Please beg Fat Wreck for more.. So many great bands on that label
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    TZ1300;4730133 said:
    Excellent news. Please beg Fat Wreck for more.. So many great bands on that label

NofX, Lagwagon, No Use for a Name, Good Riddance, Hi Standard, are some of my favs. Of Course Me First and the Gimme Gimmies are awesome but were dealing with cover songs there.
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Glad calling isn't a option. IMO one of their worst songs. I voted for Mind of my own. Really bummed to not see Ultimate Devotion. To me that would be a blast to play

And i will be able to cross another band of my most wanted list. THANKS!!!
  • edited May 2012
    I've always said that there are two Strung Out songs: Bring Out Your Dead and every other Strung Out song. I love the drums on Too Close To See so I voted for both of those, but any tracks from these guys would be a welcome addition to RB. Nicely done, Noble!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Really hope Cemetery gets done, it's a great tune and it mentions Zombies ;)
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    fail on my part, just saw it was multiple choices... would have also voted for Bring Out Your Dead, To close to See and firecracker
    edited May 2012
    I voted for everything
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    I thought that Calling was fun on guitar on GH. I would love any and all Strung Out we can get!
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't say no to Firecracker and Bring Out Your Dead.

Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues is such a good album.
  • DarkPh0enix1DarkPh0enix1 Opening Act
    edited May 2012

May Activision be violated with a thousand red hot pokers for this. Sucks there's no Calling coming down. I voted for all, although the list is short Razor Sex and Blackhawks over Los Angeles. Definitely picking any Strung Out, specially considering I'm a little over 100 songs from the 2000 song limit (did that ever get fixed?) and now I have to start getting really picky on my purchases.

Now if Fat Wreck could do the same for Face To Face and Lagwagon...
    hmxhenry;4730177 said:
    I've always said that there are two Strung Out songs: Bring Out Your Dead and every other Strung Out song. I love the drums on Too Close To See so I voted for both of those, but any tracks from these guys would be a welcome addition to RB. Nicely done, Noble!

Agreed!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I always loved Matchbook and Bring out Your Dead.... I can't decide which one should we get...

Probably BOYD cause of the guitar solo and the exciting drum part, that's not only fast.

And Calling is exclusive on GH? I still have to understand completely how this licensing thing works.
    edited May 2012
    DarkPh0enix1;4730430 said:
    May Activision be violated with a thousand red hot pokers for this. Sucks there's no Calling coming down. I voted for all, although the list is short Razor Sex and Blackhawks over Los Angeles. Definitely picking any Strung Out, specially considering I'm a little over 100 songs from the 2000 song limit (did that ever get fixed?) and now I have to start getting really picky on my purchases.

The limit wasn't 2000 songs, it was approximately 3000 (a bit less).

EDIT: The exact limit is 2952 songs so you don't have to worry yet about picky purchases.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    definitely would buy BOYD,Matchbook, and Too Close if they port over to ps3.
    BOYD is pretty sweet though.
    never heard of these guys.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2012
    Well I voted without realizing I could vote for multiples. Oops.
  • ZaborgZaloogZaborgZaloog Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    No vote for mephisto???
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I know you might not be at liberty to say, but any idea why they'd to that? It didn't offer any marketing advantage, especially in compared to some other songs on the disc. They hyped the hell out of 2112 but that eventually came to Rock Band.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4762832 said:
    I know you might not be at liberty to say, but any idea why they'd to that?
    If you can get them to agree to it without asking for any more money, why not?
    They hyped the hell out of 2112 but that eventually came to Rock Band.
    Well, they only touted the 2112 venue/narration as exclusive.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2012
    I actually don't know why it was exclusive to GH, but it is what it is.

And just so everyone knows the label has the results so hopefully we'll get to work on these soon!
  • PunkocalypsePunkocalypse Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    YES finally found ppl that speak PUNK on this rock band network thing so I just picked Bring 1. Out Your Dead, 2. Mind Of My Own and 3. Analog I really think someone other than The CLASH should get a full album available and any PUNK band whether I've heard of them or not I jump at the chance for them to be available just saying!