RBN DLC Discussion: 5/10/2012 (Xbox), 5/15/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/10/2012

Metal

ETHS - "Gravis Venter" (160 MSP)
Skylliton – “Crabplosion” (80 MSP)

Prog

An Endless Sporadic – “Impulse” (80 MSP)
Nod 206 – “En Donde Duermen Los Sueños” (80 MSP)

Rock

Sonic Boom Six – “For the Kids of the Multiculture” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/15/2012 (North America) and 5/16/2012 (Europe)

Less Than Jake - "Younger Lungs" ($1.99) - Reggae/Ska
Nordheim - "Beer, Metal, Trolls and Vomit!" ($1.99) - Metal
Close Your Eyes - "Song for the Broken" ($1.99) - Punk
The Bunny The Bear - "Ocean Floor" ($1.99) - Metal
Magnefora - "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Bach)" ($0.99) - Classical

Comments

• BuLLet_87BuLLet_87 Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    :(

Nothing for me ... and still no Deadlock on PS3 :(
    Looking forward to next week and hope Deadlock will be convert soon to PS3. Please HMX!!!
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    An endless sporadic - impulse , a classic from gh3

but im confused, I thought that they had some relation to activision or something and they were guitar hero exclusive, I mean ik guitar hero isn't exactly alive right now but eh seems odd. Sure someone will prove me wrong here
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    frankumms;4735789 said:
    An endless sporadic - impulse , a classic from gh3

but im confused, I thought that they had some relation to activision or something and they were guitar hero exclusive, I mean ik guitar hero isn't exactly alive right now but eh seems odd. Sure someone will prove me wrong here

At least one band member did in fact work for Neversoft but that doesn't mean they were exclusive.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    That's a heck of a quick turnaround on "Younger Lungs." I may rebuy it for PS3 (I will absolutely rebuy "No Holy Man" if and when it comes over...hint hint). I'll also get An Endless Sporadic, saw a chart video and it looked hard/fun.
  • edited May 2012
    Nothing for me this week :(.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    In case anyone missed the initial announcement, Crabplosion is that song from DBZ Abridged. It also benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so the money goes to a good cause.

Both that and En Donde Duermen Los Sue
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Like that Younger Lungs got ported already, but the rest are kind of meh for me.
    Beer,Metal,trolls is pretty cool, but it's kind of bland in the same way.
    The keys/bass only song is cool, but those don't get played much.
    the other 2 are misses, probably won't get Close Your Eye's song... i think they are not very good honestly.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    getting Crabplosion :)

I am excited to go home and Download it
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    PS3 song for the broken and ocean floor are far and away the best songs this week. I loved LTJ's older stuff but their new EPs just don't do it for me.

on xbox.. everyone loves impulse. and even if you dont speak french, gravis venter is an awesome song. if the french is really turning you off, english versions of the songs (at the band's request) are being released as well!
    the drummer of AES, AndyTHPS was one of the lead note trackers for activision, but like catch said, that doesn't mean there's any exclusivity.

The other AES songs should be following shortly as well
  • edited May 2012
    Super excited for both Metal, Trolls and Vomit and Magnet's classical track for the PS3.

Impulse will also be an instant buy as soon as it gets a port, and probably Gravis Venter as well for the great drum track (pity the keys start so late in the song, though).
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Impulse was an instant buy. Keep up the good work RBN authors and I would be very surprised if it isn't ported to PS3 as I found it was 1 of the 3 most played songs on GH3 (from me playing online). The other 2 of course being Cliffs of Dover and the obvious TTFAF.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I'd be surprised if HMX isn't already working on getting Impulse ported. BTW, thanks for not cutting off the end like in GH.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Holy crap, that drum chart for Crabsplosion looks fantastically fun to play. Very much a "Rock Lobster" feel, which is a plus for me.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    [QUOTE=Arcanon;4735814]In case anyone missed the initial announcement, Crabplosion is that song from DBZ Abridged. It also benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so the money goes to a good cause.

Both that and En Donde Duermen Los Sue
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Damn, first Rage Against the Machine and now An Endless Sporadic? And for only a dollar?! Awesome!

After five weeks of nothing for me, both HMX and RBN deliver the goods!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    Crabplosion and Impulse for me!

For a week with five songs, it's not bad.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Impulse had better port over ASAP.

As for PS3, isn't that classical song the 8.5 minute one released for 360 not too long ago? May get it.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    nascargo19;4736248 said:

As for PS3, isn't that classical song the 8.5 minute one released for 360 not too long ago? May get it.
    it is.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Then I guess i have at least 1 song as a guarantee so far.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    A good week for 360 (except for the Spanish song), but no song that jumps out and says BUY ME besides Impulse.

I would buy the French song... if it wasn't in French. Oh well!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Some would say that marks you as racist, but I know what you're getting at.

French isn't that hard a language, though. It's certainly easier to read in-game on the fly than Spanish, what with it's dashes and accents.
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Can't wait for Impulse to get over to the PS3. The charts look fun on guitar and drums.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    I personally don't have problems with songs in other languages (well if you're primarily playing RB for the vocals I can see where the language barrier might be an issue).

But if a song sounds good then I like it. Regardless if I understand a word of what the're saying.

I like Gravis Venter. I have no idea what the song is about, but the music, and 'sound' of the song are enough for me to enjoy playing it.

Hopefully it's not about eating babies or lighting kittens on fire :p
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4737913 said:
    I personally don't have problems with songs in other languages (well if you're primarily playing RB for the vocals I can see where the language barrier might be an issue).

But if a song sounds good then I like it. Regardless if I understand a word of what the're saying.

I like Gravis Venter. I have no idea what the song is about, but the music, and 'sound' of the song are enough for me to enjoy playing it.

Hopefully it's not about eating babies or lighting kittens on fire :p

Same with me and rammstein. Their music is pretty awesome but I haven't got a bloody clue what they're on about.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Theturtleking;4737915 said:
    Same with me and rammstein. Their music is pretty awesome but I haven't got a bloody clue what they're on about.

Good chance the Rammstein song is about eating babies.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4737897 said:
    A good week for 360 (except for the Spanish song), but no song that jumps out and says BUY ME besides Impulse.

I would buy the French song... if it wasn't in French. Oh well!
    Lucky for you, the band/label wants both the french and english versions of the songs in the game. So hopefully within a reasonable amount of time you can buy "Gravis Venter (English Version)"
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4737907 said:
    French isn't that hard a language, though. It's certainly easier to read in-game on the fly than Spanish, what with it's dashes and accents.

¿Me estás bromeando? French has way more extra crap in it than Spanish. Spanish words can only ever have one accent in them, French words can have as many as three (or...more?), you've got to be kidding me about the dashes, and there are virtually no silent letters in Spanish. There are rules you have to remember in French about when letters are not silent at the end of words.

I'm not just saying this because I have a degree in Spanish - it is immeasurably easier to read, especially "on-the-fly" as you say.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4737907 said:

¿Que? I've always found French much harder to read on the fly, let alone pronounce on the fly. That's where I always failed out of Psycho Killer.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    you guys should just be glad there isn't any Dutch music in here yet :p
  • edited May 2012
    For what its worth, I have an easier time singing French then I do Spanish. But that may be because I took three years of French in high school.