Looking for some new songs...

blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, I was just looking for some RBN suggestions.I dont have many RBN songs but I would like some haha. Im looking for any genre except for metal that is fun on mainly drums or vocals, and has pro drums charted. Thanks to any suggestions

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Xbox, forgot to mention that
    edited May 2012
    Well I don't drum and I rarely sing (and when I do I do so poorly :p ) so I can't be of much help, but check out "Ship With No Sails" by Neonfly. I consider it fun on everything (even vox), and drummer friends have told me it's a blast. Has regular and 2xbass versions.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, just checked it out and it sounds pretty awesome!
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    Very Busy People, Airbrushed, Creatures ov Deception (RB3 Version), Riddle Me This, Doppelganger, Special Effects, Magician, and How We'd Look On Paper are all incredibly recommended from me.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    creatures of deception is not fun on drums unless you're one of the best drummers evar
    edited May 2012
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    No, Cipher, I think Jibs is better on drums than you are so I'd take her word for it. And...yeah, doesn't look fun.

The Irresponsibles songs are very fun on drums and vocals.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    jibjqrkl;4736293 said:
    creatures of deception is not fun on drums unless you're one of the best drummers evar

It's one of the few songs I play on Hard drums, because on Hard it's Expert-level fun. At least to me.
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4736315 said:
    No, Cipher, I think Jibs is better on drums than you are so I'd take her word for it. And...yeah, doesn't look fun.

The Irresponsibles songs are very fun on drums and vocals.
    I played it on Hard. If Expert isn't fun, then why not try it on Hard? Or is there some unwritten rule that no one is allowed to enjoy a Hard chart :I
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    I'm too manly to go down a level.
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4736321 said:
    I played it on Hard. If Expert isn't fun, then why not try it on Hard? Or is there some unwritten rule that no one is allowed to enjoy a Hard chart :I

I can only think of one song I genuinely find fun while dropping down to Hard (that being "Panic Attack"). Most of the time when I have to drop down it's such a disappointment that it's hard to have fun, or the Hard chart is too easy (ironically enough) to be at all engaging.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Arcanon;4736319 said:
    It's one of the few songs I play on Hard drums, because on Hard it's Expert-level fun. At least to me.

Battle Of Little Slugger is really fun on Hard Drums because you don't have to worry about the triple kicks.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    edited May 2012
    What happened to that thread, TAG? :O
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    Had to get ready for the weekly announcement thread, and then payment info for the quarter hit. Dividing up profits among 15 people and 150+ songs is eating up a lot of my free time. Soon as it's finished I'll be back and updating the songs a day thread :)
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I've heard that Genuine Penguin is a fun drum song (but then again, I've also been told that it's so awful that someone wanted to kill me). For something that isn't self-promotion, I'd say Bang Bang Bang by The Virginmarys. It's an amazing song musically and it's fun on drums. I don't know off the top of ym head if it has pro drums, but I believe it should.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited May 2012
    Cluster #2 is my favorite drum song of Askari Nari's.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    dragoninforcer;4736966 said:
    Cluster #2 is my favorite drum song of Askari Nari's.

Same. The opening patterns are still too hard for me, but the rest of the song is diverse and unconventional. That translates to "fun" for me.

I'm gonna throw out a few suggestions on the vocals side, since I've played a few RBN songs that I thought were amazing on vocals or just plain ol' fun. Some of these may also be fun on drums too, and all have Pro authored.

Anything by The Asbestos
    Rockapella - Bang
    Anything by Jonathan Coulton (though I haven't played the new stuff yet). I especially enjoy Big Bad World One.
    Anything by Paul and Storm
    Sifting - All the Hated
    Anything by Ghost Brigade
    Ride Your Bike - Coat Rack
    Anything by Rose of Jericho (personal favorite is Buried Cold RB3 version)
    Christina Marie Magenta - Cold, Burn
    Pierce the Veil - Caraphernelia
    Kurodust - Doll in the Dust
    Anything by Single White Infidel
    an Unkindness - Foundation
    His Statue Falls - Give It Up! Give It Up!
    Blackberry Wednesday - Hey I
    Je Collectionne des Canards - Ultra Vomit

That's barely scratching the surface of fun vocal songs I've played on RBN, but it'll keep you busy for a while. I tried to include some fun-on-drums songs too, and everything I picked should have proper Pro Drums (except early JoCo/RoJ/SWI stuff, you may want to stick to late RBN1/RBN2 releases if Pro is a big deal).

EDIT: Even though you said "except metal," I still recommend the Ghost Brigade and His Statue Falls songs. The vocals are amazing enough on both, and in the case of His Statue Falls, the song's more electronica-influenced and doesn't sound like a typical metal track.
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I'd recommend the three songs available by Machinae Supremacy. I know you didn't want metal but they're just so fun on all instruments. I'd say look at the charts on youtube first of suggested songs before you make your final decision.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    AskariNari;4736946 said:
    I've heard that Genuine Penguin is a fun drum song (but then again, I've also been told that it's so awful that someone wanted to kill me).

Most of them were pretty positive. They at least agreed that it was fun.
    To the OP, here's someone drumming it.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    The Grinder's Tale. Unbelievably fun on all instruments. In my opinion it's the single best RBN song released this year (on PS3, that is). I find it especially fun on pro keys, I play it nearly every single time I whip out the keys.