Greg Lake and $5

CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
edited May 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
So Greg Lake is in town tonight and I'm ushering at the venue, subbing in for a friend who can't go, so I get to see the show for free and receive $5 on top of that.

Except, I can't help but feel that I should be more psyched than I am for seeing him in concert. I've never listened to King Crimson (aside from 21st Century Schizoid Man because of Guitar Hero) or Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, so I can't say if I'll enjoy the music or not, but it seems like this is a great opportunity to see a skilled musician in an intimate setting.

Are there any Lake fans here who have seen him recently in concert? I have absolutely no idea what type of music to expect, except the venue usually attracts extremely talented acoustic/fingerpicking guitarists.

I'm sure it will be an enjoyable concert, but I'm curious to gather others' thoughts about him.

Comments

• skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I've seen Keith perform by himself but not Greg. His voice is pretty amazing and he's got great bass chops. He can play guitar well.

I wish I was seeing him. Grats.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    It was definitely an interesting show. You could tell the fans were lifelong ones, and it was a pretty nice intimate evening (the venue holds about 410 max). What was weird about it was the use of background tracks while he played. I expected something a bit more unplugged/acoustic, but he brought lights and smoke and everything.

There was even a point where he sat down and did a Q&A with the fans for about 20 minutes. All in all, if you liked his music, you'd probably have enjoyed it. I was a bit lukewarm on it, but I'm not the largest fan. Still, it was pretty nice seeing a musician like him. And he definitely still has a great voice.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    Always liked his stuff, especially the live recordings off KC's Epitaph. I'll be sure to look forward to my next chance of seeing him then. Only other person I knew to take time out for fans was Joe Strummer.