The Rock Band Network May 10 2012 Trailer (Fan Done)

cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys, I just thought this would be a cool idea and made this I would like to get some feedback to make it better

Rock Band Network Demos Trailer May 10, 2012

And I do know my playing isn't all that great, but its all for fun and do think the demos play with people on deciding on getting a song, but any suggestions would be appreciated and considered.

Thanks for Watching.

Edit: Just thought should I also do the PS3 songs also?

Comments

• DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited May 2012
    Nicely done! Great video. I hope to see more of these!

And that's one hell of a signature quote, too!
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    cyborggrimreaper;4737126 said:
    Hey guys, I just thought this would be a cool idea and made this I would like to get some feedback to make it better .

quick suggestion: linger a little longer on the screen with the tiers, as they can also be important to the decision.
    edited May 2012
    cwilbur;4737143 said:
    quick suggestion: linger a little longer on the screen with the tiers, as they can also be important to the decision.

And add more songs!
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    how long do you think should it go?
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    DemonUnicorns;4737147 said:
    And add more songs!
    ...seriously?

The video is for this week's RBN releases. 5 songs were released, so those 5 are in the video.
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I'm no expert on the matter but I would show the songs from a different point of view instead of straight from the start and as previously mentioned, stay on the tier screen for about 5 to 10 seconds.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Theturtleking;4737966 said:
    I'm no expert on the matter but I would show the songs from a different point of view instead of straight from the start and as previously mentioned, stay on the tier screen for about 5 to 10 seconds.

The problem is he's using the RBN Demos, which always start at the beginning of the song, and last for either 1 minute or 30% of the song, whichever comes first. It's kind of dumb that they start from the beginning rather than letting authors determine the best point, but whatever. Anyways, he's using the demos because you can download them for free. If he wanted to show a different part of the song, he'd have to actually pay for every song in question, which is a little bit excessive (especially when RBN has 10-20 song weeks instead of 5 song weeks).
  • TheturtlekingTheturtleking Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Ahhh. I didn't know that as I play on PS3. Wish we could play samples.
    edited May 2012
    Anyways Machete, as for what you responded to me, he could show the 5 PS3 RBN songs as well.

Edit: after I posted this I saw he updated the OP with that.

Yes please do the PS3 RBN songs as well. You're basically doing what HMX does with their releases every week, and I find them very helpful! :P

And thanks again!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    This is an awesome idea and I commend you for the initiative!

I'd say linger on the difficulties for about 5 - 10 seconds for people to get a good look at them.

Awesome job!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4737995 said:

I'd say linger on the difficulties for about 5 - 10 seconds for people to get a good look at them.
    It's fine as is. They can always pause...
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I'd recommend taking another cue from the Harmonix videos and jumping right to the meat of a song. Hard to do with the samples, I know, but 30 exciting seconds is a bit better than waiting the 20 seconds it takes to get there. And it'll really help you with the larger weeks.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I think this is a really cool idea, props.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Oh, suggestion: put some timestamps in the description so people can jump to a specific song. Like:

0:05 Song #1
    0:35 Song #2
    etc.
    edited May 2012
    DLCquickplay;4738347 said:
    Oh, suggestion: put some timestamps in the description so people can jump to a specific song. Like:

0:05 Song #1
    0:35 Song #2
    etc.

Excellent idea. Timestamps should be links that jump to that point in the song (the option under the Share button can help you format those links if you don't know the youtube parameter syntax)
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Well been gone for a few days but finally got to see the feedback and glad yall like the idea, and I will totally put in consideration all the ideas and thoughts yall came up with to keep this better
    edited May 2012
    TubaDude49;4738065 said:
    It's fine as is. They can always pause...

"As is", I didn't even find that they stuck around long enough for me to hit pause on them, and once they went by I felt like it was too much trouble to pause and back up to find that tiny sliver of time where they had appeared. YMMV