Question For those who buy PSN E-mail Cards From Gamestop/Best Buy

DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
edited May 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I recently had to start buying (PSN for some reason won't take my card now after using it 2 years... sony at it's finest) PSN cards from online retailers Gamestop/Best Buy.
Gamestop was letting me buy 2-3 cards a day, and recently they are declining everything.. even with money and the correct information entered, the support doesn't seem to care they are losing a lot of $ either.

So i went to best buy, got 1 card and tried to get another within 5-10 minutes of the one and it took them 6 hours to email me that the order was canceled. I read on google that you can only do 1 card a day.. is this true?

Ordering one now, see if it goes through..........

If anyone who orders this way has feedback please don't hesitate to provide it!

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    You sure it's not just your credit card company denying it? Have you tried calling them and asking if they're blocking it?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4737754 said:
    You sure it's not just your credit card company denying it? Have you tried calling them and asking if they're blocking it?

No because the money goes through, and this one just went through fine and got the code.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited May 2012
    I haven't bought multiple cards in one day before but I have had them (Gamestop) take 5-6 hours to email the code. Gamestop also charges tax for online cards... which is illegal. (In California phone/game cards are considered gift cards and untaxable)

It's best to just get them from a store.
    edited May 2012
    Lawdog1521;4737762 said:
    I haven't bought multiple cards in one day before but I have had them (Gamestop) take 5-6 hours to email the code. Gamestop also charges tax for online cards... which is illegal. (In California phone/game cards are considered gift cards and untaxable)

It's best to just get them from a store.

Nearest stores far and gas at $4 doesn't help LOL.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    there are quite a lot of other sites which you can buy PSN cards from. sometimes cheaper
  • SnakeEyezSnakeEyez Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    That doesn't sound normal to me. I buy my PSN cards from either a nearby gas station or a 7-Eleven store. One time, I bought 3 twenty dollar PSN cards at one time and there were no transaction issues from buying them all at once.
    I dunno, maybe it depends on where you buy it from.

Oh, and I never get charged tax, just the exact amount of the card.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Lawdog1521;4737762 said:
    (In California phone/game cards are considered gift cards and untaxable)
    Pretty sure online purchases derive sales laws from the state with the company building, not the consumer's state. That's why ordering from California is the way to go(minimal taxed items).
  • edited May 2012
    I had a similar problem on PSN and called support.

They had me enter all my billing info in all caps and it as been worry free ever since.
    edited May 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4738267 said:
    I had a similar problem on PSN and called support.

They had me enter all my billing info in all caps and it as been worry free ever since.

Going to give this a try.

EDIT: nope, doesn't work here.
    Still won't add funds to wallet. Guess it's been a problem for A LOT of sony users for over 4 years..
  • edited May 2012
    Dangimarocker;4738306 said:
    Going to give this a try.

EDIT: nope, doesn't work here.
    Still won't add funds to wallet. Guess it's been a problem for A LOT of sony users for over 4 years..

Have you tired calling them?

I did it while thinking, yeah... this will be helpful... and low and behold, it was.

It is very likely I missed a detail or two. It was right after the outage ended.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    PSN's credit card billing is weird. I had a lot of problems entering my address correctly. PSN needs a better way of billing people that live in apartments.