Gamer identity survey

ToktamisjToktamisj Unsigned
edited May 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Dear Gamers!

For the University of Amsterdam, I am doing a study on gamer identity and motivations for gaming. I'm still trying hard to find respondents for my survey. For this purpose I am looking for people who play games regularly. Participation takes about ten minutes. Through my email:
[email]august.bartholome@student.uva.nl[/email] you can reach me for questions and email if you are interested in the results!

via this link you can visit the survey, anonymity is obviously guaranteed.

https://uvacommscience.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_exHxLvB9o6sypxy
Thanks in advance

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Careful, you've got a series of typos a few pages in. You ask "Wat is your favourite game genre?" Surprisingly, Firefox red-squiggly-underlines "favourite" and not "Wat" in that sentence, but it's "Wat" to which I was referring :p And boy did I feel old when answering the question about how long have you played video games...yup, 20+ years. The family got our NES when I was 4 or 5.

Also, you have questions about genres of games, and yet music games is not a selectable genre! For shame!

Still like to see the results of this :p Maybe post 'em here, if you can?
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited May 2012
    Sure, I`ve got a few minutes.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited May 2012
    Interesting survey. Good luck with the project.

There are certainly some redundancy between all the different ways of saying "I like video games". The survey probably would have taken half the time to answer if those questions were condensed.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    kiggidykev;4739130 said:
    There are certainly some redundancy between all the different ways of saying "I like video games".

I think there was probably a scientific purpose for that. Did seem to be quite a lot of repeats, though.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Awesome, I love surveys.