Would anyone here buy brony related music on RBN?

Megaman768Megaman768 Unsigned
edited June 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I'm sure the "C" word is discouraged around here but I've been making these with the master tracks from the artist's themselves, I've made about 24 now

I've been thinking of getting these up to RBN but I was curious if anyone here would buy em

Of course I'll make some changes to the charts to fit the guidelines cause I'm sure the lane changes in the video above wouldn't be aloud

Comments

• AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I would, as long as the charts are fun and the song lyrics aren't too brony-ish/childish. I'm extremely certain that a lot of other people would too (even regardless of the vocals or how fun the songs are).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    The vocalist sounds like HIM mixed with Robert Smith from the Cure.. not sure why i think so, and it's not really connecting with me or the music.
    But it's cool instrumentation, especially the keys. Probably would buy it at 80msp/and on my ps3 if ported.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    This is not what I came in expecting.
  • alicethesisteralicethesister Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Have you seen the weekly sales on bandcamp of Brony music and the Super Ponybeat series? You would probably make a killing. After that, you'd probably make a killing selling Homestuck related DLC.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Might buy it for novelty value... but what I'd really kill for is official songs from the show.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I should hope people would, we're gonna be working on a couple sometime soon and it'd be nice if people bought them! Did I say that out loud? Whoops. :)

Anyways, I'd definitely buy any and all brony stuff that hit RBN. A note I should make if you plan to release these; the tracks that borrow from/are based on songs from the show (read: most of Eurobeat Brony's stuff) won't fly unless you've got permission from Hasbro. They're technically considered covers. Any original compositions are fine, but I'd check with HMX for lyrical content/album art before submitting anything.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 2012
    Not only would I not buy brony-related music, I may also stop playing RB altogether.

Kidding, of course. To each their own! Good luck bronies!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    Arcanon;4739572 said:
    I should hope people would, we're gonna be working on a couple sometime soon and it'd be nice if people bought them! Did I say that out loud? Whoops. :)

Anyways, I'd definitely buy any and all brony stuff that hit RBN. A note I should make if you plan to release these; the tracks that borrow from/are based on songs from the show (read: most of Eurobeat Brony's stuff) won't fly unless you've got permission from Hasbro. They're technically considered covers. Any original compositions are fine, but I'd check with HMX for lyrical content/album art before submitting anything.

By this do you mean fan music or songs from the show?
    edited May 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4739606 said:

If you're talking about the brony songs that Chart Toppers will be authoring, I can tell you that (even though I don't know what songs Arcanon is referring to) he's not talking about songs from the show, because Hasbro has said that they're not interested (even though the composer wanted to do it).
    edited May 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4739606 said:

If you're referring to my second paragraph, what I mean is that songs like this one, which are just alternate versions of songs from the show, won't fly on RBN since they're technically covers. Songs like this one though, which are fully-original songs that just happen to be pony-related, should be perfectly fine as long as HMX approves of the lyrics (and a different album art is used).
    AskariNari;4739610 said:
    If you're talking about the brony songs that Chart Toppers will be authoring, I can tell you that (even though I don't know what songs Arcanon is referring to) he's not talking about songs from the show, because Hasbro has said that they're not interested (even though the composer wanted to do it).
    And this makes me sad because I'd love to have those on RB. I'd love to author them even more. Yeah, we don't have official show songs, just a couple fan-made originals. I can't say any more yet though, since it's still very early; I'll announce them when they're ready.
    edited May 2012
    OK

If the guitar charts are interesting, I might buy out of spite.

Otherwise, not my cup of tea.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Even though I specifically am not interested in any brony music, I have quite a few friends (who don't come to the rockband.com forums) that I know would buy them all up.
  • PlatStratPlatStrat Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I would buy the **** out of brony music. Especially if it's anything by MandoPony.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I have a brony song, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow for anyone to enjoy on Rock Band.
    edited May 2012
    Who's to say I don't have a Brony song?

Me. But still...
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I was, at one point, writing what would amount to a brony song. In a bit of a Dead Kennedys tone. I really imagine Jello singing it.

I've got the chorus and a bit of the bridge settled. Might go back to it.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    alicethesister;4739560 said:
    After that, you'd probably make a killing selling Homestuck related DLC.

DLCQP is already on that.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4739941 said:
    DLCQP is already on that.
    Very slowly...
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    I would love some brony music (as long as it is good stuff)

slowly my iPod is filling up with this stuff... it feels weird deleting megadeth to put on Eurobeat Brony

these are some of my all time favorites that would be awesome to get...

Glaze - Rainbow Factory
    The Living Tombstone - September
    Eurobeat Brony - Discord
    Aviators - Friendship

but I would be happy with most brony music... I only heard a few that I don't enjoy
    edited May 2012
    firedoom666;4740057 said:

This one isn't happening for sure, beacuse: 1. It's a cover (I believe).
    2. The label isn't interested in the RBN at all.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    AskariNari;4740110 said:

that suck that the label is not interested (I did not even know he was on a label)

but I am pretty sure the song is not a cover. it intro is based off of Tocatta & Fugue (bach) but that should be public domain...

from the youtube video
    UPDATE: This piece has nothing to do with an "Orochimaru" character. The intro is based on Tocatta & Fugue, which was ALSO used in whatever Orochimablabla comes from. This is NOT a remix of any other show, but it does reappropriate a piece of classical music that happened to be used in this Naruto-or-whatever thingamabob. Please stop posting about it.
    edited May 2012
    firedoom666;4740202 said:
    that suck that the label is not interested (I did not even know he was on a label)

but I am pretty sure the song is not a cover. it intro is based off of Tocatta & Fugue (bach) but that should be public domain

Yeah, I was talking with owner of the label (that hosts the Bandcamp that the album is on (fun fact: the owner of the label did the vocals on Discord)) about getting some of their music, then communications suddenly stopped until a few months later they said that they were no longer interested. But had I known that Discord wasn't a cover I would have probably tried a lot harder to make it work (hell, I probably would have paid them money to work on that song, I have played the TC's custom and it's tons of fun on pretty much everything).
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Eh, for most stuff, I'll probably have to watch vids and treat them like any other DLC.

But Arcanon, I'm warning you, if you get anything from Friendship Is Witchcraft, I will kidnap you, assume your identity, and author those songs in their entirety all by myself.
  • Denim-DanDenim-Dan Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    If songs from mlp end up on rb i will buy them all and then make a second xbox live account to buy them again.

Please do it. I beg you.
  • 88sBand88sBand Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I was not aware of Brony's until recently and I have discovered that many people are either brony's or anti-brony's...or don't give a damn. Me? I am neutral! I'd love the main theme song to creep/troll people! That would be AWESOME.
    edited June 2012
    AskariNari;4740110 said:

*Awkward laugh*

Well let's look back, shall we...

It's a remix, but still!
    edited June 2012
    Another band that would be great would be Hey Ocean. While they don't do pony-themed songs, the lead singer is the voice actor for Rainbow Dash. I happen to enjoy their songs, and I'd buy them.
    edited June 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4761749 said:
    Another band that would be great would be Hey Ocean. While they don't do pony-themed songs, the lead singer is the voice actor for Rainbow Dash. I happen to enjoy their songs, and I'd buy them.

I tried contacting them once, and they did mention before on Twitter that they were looking into getting on RBN. I may try again.
  • BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    I don't know where people heard this thing about Hasbro saying they aren't interested but either way.....

Dont think they would be able to do it anyway since apparently they don't even have the rights to release a Soundtrack. They said that when they had the songs recorded they only got the rights to use it within the show which means if they want to release a soundtrack or use the songs outside of the show they would need to pay more to the people who sang the songs or they would have to re-record the songs.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    BravoGangUS;4761861 said:
    I don't know where people heard this thing about Hasbro saying they aren't interested but either way.....

Dont think they would be able to do it anyway since apparently they don't even have the rights to release a Soundtrack. They said that when they had the songs recorded they only got the rights to use it within the show which means if they want to release a soundtrack or use the songs outside of the show they would need to pay more to the people who sang the songs or they would have to re-record the songs.

That makes since about paying the actors, doesn't make since about how they don't own most of the rights...