5/22 DLC Discussion Thread - Iron Maiden Epics 6 Pack!

Comments

• nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Sayburr;4743826 said:
    Yep, I like it. I am one of those weird Madien fans who think the first two albums are the best and Killer is one of my all time favorites... nothing from it, darn it... and I hate Run to the Hills album.

Anyway, I will be cherry picking...

• Iron Maiden – “Phantom of the Opera”
    • Iron Maiden – “The Flight of Icarus” X
    • Iron Maiden – “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” X
    No Prisoner, shame on you.
  • peterikepeterike Banned
    edited May 2012
    Lame, nothing for me here. But then I'm no longer expecting to see anything I like appear, so just another day.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Glad it isn't cheesy. At last though I'll have all of the Maiden tracks i'm actually intrested in in addition to the ones already available.

Looking forward to the Blitz artist announcement coming up later though. Hope that is something more eager to buy that on release.
  • MithrasMithras Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Was really hoping it was Tool, but Maiden? Hells yeah!!! That'll do. Not the hugest fan in the world but I have always liked them. And I recognize all the songs by title except “Infinite Dreams”. I probably know it though seeing as to how many times I've heard the album. This DLC might actually draw some people I know back to RB. Win HMX, Win!! ANd $10.00. Extra win.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited May 2012
    Im just so totally chuffed about this and cant stop grinning! :D
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    It is called Rock Band, and not Mellow-Elevator-Hits Band.

Gotta like it.
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited May 2012
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.
  • APackofRabidSquirrelsAPackofRabidSquirrels Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Not a Maiden fan, but I'm buying the pack if for no other reason than to support the existence of larger packs. KEEP 'EM COMING.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    defdog99;4743838 said:
    It is called Rock Band, and not

Can this stop being a thing, please?
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Never would've guessed Lex as a big Maiden fan, also never really listened to much Maiden outside of NotB and RthH so I'll listen to all the songs from the pack and check out some of the songs we already have as well. It's more metal though, so I can't complain.
  • edited May 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4743773 said:
    I'm not about to investigate but there are probably full albums, in Rock Band, that are shorter than that.
    Yep, longer than all of The Cars self title album!
    Lowlander2;4743785 said:
    Harmonix, I want to gush and say that I take back everything I ever said negatively about your Pro choices.
    I'm going to hold you to that!
    NeilDiamond1974;4743800 said:
    Doh! More Maiden?

I can't believe it isn't Zeppelin.
    You are very, very funny.
    Plutarch;4743807 said:

“Phantom of the Opera” - Now can someone tell me if this is in fact the ORIGINAL track, as in with Paul D'Anno on vocals? I don't see "Live" anywhere so it seems like it is. This is a very early Maiden classic - the unison bonuses are going to be SICK.
    Di'Anno confirmed!
    Plutarch;4743807 said:
    “The Prisoner” - This one's off Number of the Beast and it's really fun. I hope they kept the spoken intro. Again, all of the instruments are going to be phenomenal.

Audio clip from the tv show confirmed!

Keep an eye out for the livestream on Monday and Lex's blog on Tuesday, we'll have plenty more tidbits to share there.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    people are going to need a nap after playing rime on pro guitar
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    More Maiden is always a good thing! Even if the guitar parts kill me (I do love it though), Bruce has one of my favorite voices in rock. I'll be peeling myself away from work and Diablo 3 long enough to play these next Tuesday!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    I wonder when the next DLC that leaves me jumping-up-and-down excited will come. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed quite a bit of this year's DLC (surprise big-time favorite: Sounds of Shinedown), but I haven't had that giddy feeling at announcement since 2112. Maybe someday again :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Classic rock-ish songs released by HMX in first 143 days of 2012:

Eddie Money (1)*
    Men At Work (2)*
    Huey Lewis & The News (3)*
    Heart (1)
    CCR (3)
    Edgar Winter Group (2)*
    Hall & Oates (3)*

* artists new to RB

15 songs over @6 months.

Damned Facebookers and their dashboards!

Damned 2012 economy.

Damned classic rock artists and their popular success thus necessitating higher licensing fees.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4743847 said:
    Yep, longer than all of The Cars self title album!

You are very, very funny.

Di'Anno confirmed!

Keep an eye out for the livestream on Monday and Lex's blog on Tuesday, we'll have plenty more tidbits to share there.

Henry...you rock!!!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Epic is right - for the song lengths if nothing else.

Flight of Icarus is the song that got me into Maiden, and Piece of Mind and Seventh Son are my two favorite albums followed by Powerslave. Getting the whole pack for sure.

The only song I don't know really really well is the Phanotom, as I tend not to listen to that one too often (Fan of Dickenson).

Queen is my favorite band of all time, and Iron Maiden my favorite 80s metal band... HMX is taking care of me. :D
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4743852 said:
    I wonder when the next DLC that leaves me jumping-up-and-down excited will come. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed quite a bit of this year's DLC (surprise big-time favorite: Sounds of Shinedown), but I haven't had that giddy feeling at announcement since 2112. Maybe someday again :)

If 2112 wasn't leaked early I would of been more excited for it than this.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Excellent that we get 6 songs. Sad that it's yet more metal.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2012
    nunchuck charlie;4743831 said:
    No Prisoner, shame on you.
    Nope, can't stand that album. I have yet to figure out why it is so popular when the albums before and after it are so much better sounding... opinions!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4743847 said:

Looking forward to it!

By the way, did you get my PM? It's okay if you thought it was typical bulls you get everyelse, and the fact that I said it only amplified it, but I checked my Sent Items thing and there was nothing there...

Oh man, I got to practice Pro guitar right now. I need to play this thing as soon as it hits.
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4743852 said:

I second every word of this (with a possible downgrade of Shinedown to "a lot more fun than I expected").
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    hmxhenry;4743847 said:

Di'Anno confirmed!

Sweet! I know will be ages before we get Maiden again, if ever, but it does set a nice precedent for getting some more of those early songs at some point - Wrathchild, Purgatory, Remember Tomorrow, etc.
    hmxhenry;4743847 said:
    I guess a follow up question would be...is it charted? I guess either way, I can still say "I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!"
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    undertow;4743812 said:
    I wouldn't exactly call an Artist we've had 2-3 times with 10+ songs already an epic update. 5-10 songs from a heavily requested artist that hasn't been available yet, would be a huge/exciting update. Such as, but not limited to:
    Led Zeppelin
    The Rolling Stones
    Pink Floyd
    The Eagles
    Van Halen
    Old Guns N' Roses
    Tool
    Muse
    and insert any of your own personal favorites of the same ilk.
    Yeps - pretty much this. Really disappointing. Still, my own fault for letting hype from the mods build my expectations - a foolish thing to do given how individual taste in music can be.

For me personally, HMX won't have to try any harder than usual to beat this DLC week ^^

Oh well, fingers crossed the RBB new artist reveal will be more my cup of tea! :-D
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Sayburr;4743860 said:
    Nope, can't stand that album. I have yet to figure out why it is so popular when the albums before and after it are so much better sounding... opinions!
    Did you ever catch the tv show? Good song, not my favorite Maiden album for certain. Henry said it has tv clip so it will be pretty sweet.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Very prestigious and very rich content. I'm not necessarily excited about more Iron Maiden but it is a huge deal, very big week and I'm very happy for people wanting more Maiden. :)
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Wow finally a 6-pack and Iron Maiden more than makes up for the lackluster week we just had.
    Happy Birthday to me P.S. my birthday was yesterday.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Plutarch;4743863 said:
    I guess a follow up question would be...is it charted? I guess either way, I can still say "I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!"

I would bet no, because it seems the only time it's happened is with Ministry. All the White Zombie songs don't have their intro samples charted.