5/22 DLC Discussion Thread - Iron Maiden Epics 6 Pack!

edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4739565 said:
Hey gang,

Unquestionably one of the most influential forces in heavy metal, Iron Maiden spearheaded metal in the early eighties and continue to define the genre. With over 85 million album sales, more than 2,000 live performances worldwide, and 15 studio albums to date, Iron Maiden are one of the hardest rocking and hardest working bands in rock.

On May 22nd, the six song pack “Maiden Epics” comes to the Rock Band Music Store. "Maiden Epics" represents a selection of Iron Maiden's most powerful and epic tracks from their albums recorded during the 1980s and thus ties in with their 2012 “Maiden England” Tour, the set list for which will be almost exclusively filled with classics from that remarkable decade.

Tracks in the “Maiden Epics” pack include: “Phantom of the Opera” from the band’s 1980 self-titled debut studio record; “The Prisoner” from 1982’s Number of the Beast; “The Flight of Icarus” from 1983’s Piece of Mind; the 13-minute epic “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” from 1984’s Powerslave; and “Infinite Dreams” and “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son,” from 1988’s Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

This June, Iron Maiden will embark on an extensive "Maiden England" North American tour starting in Charlotte, NC on June 21st and finishing up in Houston, TX on August 18th. For more information, head to http://www.ironmaiden.com/tourdates.php.[/url].

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 22nd, 2012):

• Iron Maiden – “Phantom of the Opera”
• Iron Maiden – “The Prisoner”
• Iron Maiden – “The Flight of Icarus” X
• Iron Maiden – “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” X
• Iron Maiden – “Infinite Dreams” O
• Iron Maiden – “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” O

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song; tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points™, 1000 Wii Points™) for the “Maiden Epics” pack
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4739570 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 5/17/2012:

Alternative

Cohesive – “To the Stars” (160 MSP)

Metal

Brutal Assault – “No War (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Masseratti 2lts – “L.E.V.A.N.T.A_te” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden” (80 MSP)

Punk

Goin’ Places – “Nobody Gives a S*** About Us” (80 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk

Look Left – “Top” (80 MSP)

Rock

Ten Year Vamp – “Got 2 Me” (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases scheduled for Tuesday, 5/22/2012 (North America) and 5/23/2012 (Europe):

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" ($0.99) – Metal
Dance for the Dying - "Kitty Fight Song" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying - "Thug Love" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse" ($0.99) - Novelty
Close Your Eyes - "Valleys" ($1.99) - Punk

Epics pack is epic. Up the Irons!

Comments

• Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Oh god, here's my money, take it, take it all!
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Never would have guessed this being Lex's thing, though.
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    So friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a 100% week for me.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited May 2012
    Iron Maiden – “The Flight of Icarus” X

Just when I thought I would totally hate it, HMX goes old school.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited May 2012
    **** YES!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahah :D
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I couldn't be more indifferent. =|
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    A 6 pack of Maiden. Color me surprised.
  • krabklawkrabklaw Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Hmmm. I got excited over nothing. I thought we were getting something prog-tastic this week. Instead, it's just more songs from a band that's already heavily represented in this game. (heavy sigh)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    2 more Dance for the Dying songs coming to PSN! And completing their EP on 360! AWESOME. I'm going to see them up at some tiny club in Baltimore on 6/2, will I see any of you there?

Oh, and Iron Maiden .... yeah, it looks epic alright ... I'm going to listen to all of these songs over the next few days and see if it's something I can get excited about.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Harmonix, I want to gush and say that I take back everything I ever said negatively about your Pro choices. You can rerelease Have You Ever Seen The Rain now for all I care.

Just wow. Super mega thanks.

I think the only bad part is that now I have to go back and finish off the prior Maiden pack, and I got a lot of holes to fill.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2012
    This will be fun, add it to the half dozen I have already. Thank you for studio versions!!!
    I may like this better than the 12 pack.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    This is the greatest DLC of the year???

Yeah....no thanks. *sigh*
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2012
    To be certain, I'd be more excited about Garbage, but I know how big a get Maiden is (I know we have the Flight 666 pack), and these songs are genuinely awesome. Still less certain about purchasing them but hell if I'm not excited for everyone else.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2012
    FairwoodStudios;4743773 said:
    I'm not about to investigate but there are probably full albums, in Rock Band, that are shorter than that.
    The Cars to start with
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2012
    Hooooooooboy.

I'm a little disappointed there's still no "Dance of Death" as that would've been great for even keys. I've always thought "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" was an overrated song by them though. However, nice to see even more tracks from Seventh Son and "Phantom of the Opera" is definitely pretty cool so yeah this is quite possibly the best DLC for me since probably last year with the Duets pack.

That said though I would've still have rather saw Genesis or another one of my favorite artists still not represented. Iron Maiden are my favorite rock band but granted they already have 12 songs.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4743765 said:
    Damn You hype machine lol

Sucks me in every time.

Happy for the fans, and seems like a good value, but I've spent thousands on RB and don't even own the first Maiden pack. Pass for me.

Hopefully, classic rock will return when the Blitz blitz starts.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    krabklaw;4743783 said:
    hmmm. I got excited over nothing. I thought we were getting something prog-tastic this week. Instead, it's just more songs from a band that's already heavily represented in this game. (heavy sigh)

this
  • NeilDiamond1974NeilDiamond1974 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Doh! More Maiden?

I can't believe it isn't Zeppelin.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for giving us more than 3 songs this week. Just wish they were not Iron Maiden. I haven't seen any DLC I like in over a month. :(
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    Glad we got a Paul Di'Anno song!
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I literally yelled from my cubicle at work IRON MAIDEN!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Everything I said about Pro guitar

Forget it.

Ive forgotten it.

My only smallish gripe is that we didn't get that "leaked" Trooper upgrade, but who cares when we have goddamn RotAM?

Oooohhhh yes.
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    So Genesis is next week then....
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I want to follow-up on what some fellow Maiden fans were saying in the prediction thread. Even if you typically don't like metal, it's worth it to listen to these songs at least once and imagine what it will like to play along with them.

“Phantom of the Opera” - Now can someone tell me if this is in fact the ORIGINAL track, as in with Paul D'Anno on vocals? I don't see "Live" anywhere so it seems like it is. This is a very early Maiden classic - the unison bonuses are going to be SICK.

“The Prisoner” - This one's off Number of the Beast and it's really fun. I hope they kept the spoken intro. Again, all of the instruments are going to be phenomenal.

“The Flight of Icarus” X - Figured this was coming if we got Maiden again. This has probably some of Bruce's craziest singing. It's a bit slower than some of the other classics, but it has two wicked solos.

“Rime of the Ancient Mariner” X - This is the big one - 13 and a half minutes and a surprisingly good adaptation of that poem! And pro guitar?! That is NUTS.

“Infinite Dreams” - This is a surprise. A live version was released as a single at some point, so it's not really a "deep cut," but it's still not particularly well known. This is a more chill song, but it has neat lyrics and some awesome drum fills.

“Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” O - Holy crap, this is another massive epic - about 10 minutes. The second half is totally comprised of solos and awesome riffing! The vocals will require some deep breaths, there's like a 20 second note at some point.

OMG, I am SOOO excited for this. I'm too introverted to appear as euphoric as Cipher was last week, but trust me when I say I feel that way. I guess Lex is writing the blog? Well if you need someone to pinch-hit, let me know!
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I was planning on being disappointed, but surprisingly enough I'm excited. Maiden's always fun to play, and a 6 pack to boot with two upgrades.

Lex was right, this will be hard to top.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Hetz;4743788 said:
    This is the greatest DLC of the year???

Yeah....no thanks. *sigh*

I'm pretty underwhelmed as well...which means I was right about the 'tempering expectations' thing :p I'll need to listen to the songs and see charts and tierings before I make a decision about buying. If it's all devil-horns on guitars...no thanks.

But as always, happy for the people who are jumping-up-and-down excited. I am certainly not one.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Lucky for me I had just finished my tea, otherwise I would've spit it all out over my computer screen. This pack is amazing, holy moly.
  • undertowundertow Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't exactly call an Artist we've had 2-3 times with 10+ songs already an epic update. 5-10 songs from a heavily requested artist that hasn't been available yet, would be a huge/exciting update. Such as, but not limited to:
    Led Zeppelin
    The Rolling Stones
    Pink Floyd
    The Eagles
    Van Halen
    Old Guns N' Roses
    Tool
    Muse
    and insert any of your own personal favorites of the same ilk.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 2012
    samjjones;4743794 said:
    Sucks me in every time.

Happy for the fans, and seems like a good value, but I've spent thousands on RB and don't even own the first Maiden pack. Pass for me.

Hopefully, classic rock will return when the Blitz blitz starts.

Everything you said is seconded by me.