Summer Concerts

blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
edited May 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Anyone going to any concerts this summer? I may be going to see Coldplay in July if tickets aren't to pricey, I hope they arent haha

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    probably, no idea which ones yet
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I am planning on seeing the Brit Floyd show in September if that counts. I went and saw Roger Waters last Monday, which was an extremely good show.

Actually, Waters is making a few more stops in North America, mostly the East Coast.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    I am seeing Rammstein on Friday :)
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Oh yeah, definitely, but the only one I currently have tix for is 10 Years and that's in July.

The other one I'm trying to get organized with some friends is FFDP, Trivium, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, and Pop Evil (the odd band out on this tour it seems). I think that one is in mid-August.

I just saw Korn this past Thursday, they were okay. Sad seeing them on their decline playing at smaller venues again now, but they still put on a good show.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I saw Korn at Mayhem 2 summers ago along with Avenged sevenfold, five finger death punch and Rob zombie. Amazing show, and I dont usually like metal that much.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    i'm gonna try to catch fiona apple. it's sold out but i'm gonna go out anyway, plus it's only a block away from my office so it can't hurt to try.

i saw Pulp a little while ago. it was awesome. i also didn't have a ticket for that and just headed over anyway.

anyway. here in cali most of the concerts i wanted to see already happened because of the coachila music festival. the bands that play there tend to do their california tour the same month. rodiohead, the black keys and mazzy star already came and went. i missed mazzy star and i keep kicking myself in the ass for it.

other than fiona, i don't have anything to look forward to this summer. most of the happenings here are in spring.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I actually have no idea what concerts are going on nearby for this summer. I'll have to see who's playing where.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    So far just Foster the People with Mayer Hawthorne and Kimbra opening is the only summer concert that I've got tickets for (June 30th, getting close!), but I'm probably gonna try for more while I'm at it.

Also I got tickets for a Passion Pit/Hot Chip show, but it's not until September so I don't really count it as a summer concert.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    I have Slash Tomorrow, or later today, if you're one of those guys. Other than that, I have Tenacious D in July, and Childish Gambino and System of a down in August.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Coldplay in August. Was gonna do Lolla, but my friend got tickets for the non-Shins day, so **** him.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Going to see Collective Soul in June, and going to the Honda Civic Tour in September (Mutemath, Incubus and Linkin Park).
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    The Coldplay tickets are kinda expensive for the Comcast Center, I think it is worth it though haha
    edited May 2012
    I got mine for $35 each.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    folkeye;4742235 said:
    Going to see Collective Soul in June, and going to the Honda Civic Tour in September (Mutemath, Incubus and Linkin Park).

I love Incubus, but they weren't shy about leaving the stage when it got close. They have a bunch of songs, but after an hour they left. Almost refused an encore, the lights came on after 10 mins but went off again in 5. Played Aqueous Transmissions then left. Heads up and hopefully they don't pull any of that stuff on you. This was on the Light Grenades tour.

I'm planning to see Battles in June, Vans Warped Tour and Mayhem Festival in July. For my tickets in the pit for Mayhem, should be wild. The other shows I wish to possibly catch are My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses, Airborne Toxic Event/Minus the Bear, Death Cab For Cutie, Danzig performing Misfits and Toadies come August. In the venue I saw Toadies last time, it had to be without a doubt the best live show I've seen. I do have an extra ticket to Battles so far if anybody needs one in MI.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited May 2012
    My wife and I just saw Eve 6 play a show in Atlanta that was pretty alright wasn't expecting too much out of them, but it was a cheap show. Before that we saw Neon Trees with AWOLNATION which was all kinds of incredible and made Eve 6 look even worse. We're planning on seeing Ben Fold Five in June as well.
  • AzureAngel17AzureAngel17 In Space!
    edited May 2012
    My parentals informed me today that they're going to the REO/Styx concert tonight. :(

I'm not invited. :(

Update: Damn, our local venue has kind of a **** year lined up. They're kicking off with Willie Nelson tomorrow, then their next big headliners aren't until August when Lynyrd Skynyrd and Train play about a week apart.

Edit 2: For some reason, the fact that ZZ Top will be there in June is not listed on their "Show News" page. The Steve Miller Band is also going to play in August, so 5 headliners for this season. That isn't bad at all, I just wish 3 of them weren't back to back in August.

Edit 3: 6 headliners if you count 3 Doors Down, who appear to be opening for ZZ Top.
    edited May 2012
    AzureAngel17;4744452 said:
    My parentals informed me today that they're going to the REO/Styx concert tonight. :(
    I know that feel. The parents of someone I knew went to see...something like Night Ranger, Foreigner, Styx? I was jealous.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    AzureAngel17;4744452 said:

I'm not invited. :(

You need to find a way to go, it will worth it. Thanks to Ted Nugent being with them, tickets here are scarce as crap.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4744714 said:
    I know that feel. The parents of someone I knew went to see...something like Night Ranger, Foreigner, Styx? I was jealous.

I think it was Journey, not Styx. My parents saw those three in Dallas in September though. Lucky. I've been to two concerts aside from seeing TSO three times, so I've seen Me In Motion, Nevertheless, and Stellar Kart waaaaaay back, and then I saw Black Tide, All-American Rejects, and Taking Back Sunday in 2009, which was a fricking awesome show.

It was kinda funny though, I didn't realize Black Tide was the opening band until they played Warriors of Time at the end of their set.
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I just found out that Yes & Procol Harum are playing in August. After hearing a live recording of Ian Anderson, I think I might skip over him and go see Yes/Procol Harum.
  • AzureAngel17AzureAngel17 In Space!
    edited May 2012
    If I'm going to do any concerts this year, I think I'd rather hit ZZ Top or Skynyrd in August. Hopefully I'll get the job in CLT though, they have a Verizon Amphitheater there that gets all sorts of fantastic gigs, including yearly visits from Jimmy Buffett.

Yes/Asia was a pretty good concert a few years ago, but all of the gits here didn't realize Asia was a big band. The crowd stayed sitting and ignored Asia like they were just some kind of ****ty opening band number. :(

They had a fill-in vocalist when Yes played here, but the set was still pretty fantastic. I think Howe played maybe 3 or 4 different guitars over the course of just Roundabout, and that was pretty cool to watch.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Going to see Iron Maiden in late June for my birthday. I've never seen them before but my dad has at least 6 or 7 times and he says they put on a really good show. Also, nicely timed DLC HMX ;)
    edited May 2012
    well the Rammstien Concert I saw yesterday was amazing!!!

and I made plans now the see Dethklok, Lamb of God, and Gojira in Augusts and I plan on seeing Weird Al again in September
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Kenny-Band;4745340 said:
    Going to see Iron Maiden in late June for my birthday. I've never seen them before but my dad has at least 6 or 7 times and he says they put on a really good show. Also, nicely timed DLC HMX ;)

Got room? :D
    edited May 2012
    firedoom666;4745371 said:
    well the Rammstien Concert I saw yesterday was amazing!!!
    My friend showed me some videos from when he went, and yeah, looked great. Dick cannons, fire, all that.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    They still do the dick cannon thing?
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, the end of the encore was *****, so he was riding it and spraying the front rows with confetti or whatever.
    edited May 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4745439 said:
    Yeah, the end of the encore was *****, so he was riding it and spraying the front rows with confetti or whatever.

I think it was foam or soap bubbles... not too sure though because I was too far away
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2012
    Debating one night at a festival that has DKM and the Specials playing the same night.

The reason I'm debating as opposed to outright buying it as I had originally intended was because I just spent money on a week-long pass to this festival, playing in my hometown, and [url=http://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/2012/en/program12/paying#/artistPage/janelle-monaacutee/en]a Janelle Mon