RBN DLC Discussion: 5/17/2012 (Xbox), 5/22/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/17/2012

Alternative

Cohesive – “To the Stars” (160 MSP)

Metal

Brutal Assault – “No War (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Masseratti 2lts – “L.E.V.A.N.T.A_te” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden” (80 MSP)

Punk

Goin’ Places – “Nobody Gives a S*** About Us” (80 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk

Look Left – “Top” (80 MSP)

Rock

Ten Year Vamp – “Got 2 Me” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/22/2012 (North America) and 5/23/2012 (Europe)

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" ($0.99) – Metal
Dance for the Dying - "Kitty Fight Song" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying - "Thug Love" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse" ($0.99) - Novelty
Close Your Eyes - "Valleys" ($1.99) - Punk

Comments

• TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Still no Xenochrist....but hell yeah, Amazing Horse and No Holy Man! Great picks.

Not a fan of Dance for the Dying.

Amazing Horse probably have the record for the quickest porting. When did it came out again?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    TheDescent;4742559 said:
    Still no Xenochrist....but hell yeah, Amazing Horse and No Holy Man! Great picks.

Not a fan of Dance for the Dying.

Amazing Horse probably have the record for the quickest porting. When did it came out again?

April 8.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    the same day as no holy man.

And Younger Lungs, which was released last week.
  • SnakeEyezSnakeEyez Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    YES. More Dance for the Dying. I had a strange hunch that this will be the week, and thankfully it is. I don't care for Thug Love like their others, but Death in the Garden is one I've been waiting for.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Wow. Getting all five, four of which are straight from my wishlist! These kind of weeks I like!
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited May 2012
    TheDescent;4742559 said:
    Amazing Horse probably have the record for the quickest porting.

"Oceans Between Us" by The Downtown Fiction was released on 11/11/10 and ported on 12/14/10. I don't know if it's the quickest ever, but it's the quickest that I've seen.
  • edited May 2012
    One of each. And with that Dance for the Dying song I now have one more completed album on RB. I'll give that Look Left song a listen.

On PS3, Dance for the Dying! Thug Love is great for bassists and Kitty Fight Song is fun to sing. No Holy Man is cool too.
    edited May 2012
    I'll also point out that Dance for the Dying is in the Indie Allstars Bundle, which ends in two days, at which point I will stop annoying people about it. :)
  • edited May 2012
    Very stoked about No Holy Man and Amazing Horse. Two great PS3 weeks in a row for me.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    No Holy Man was a fantastic song for every instrument! Great find guys!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2012
    For our PS3 brethren...if you like Dream Theater check out No Holy Man by Eden's Curse that features James on vocals!
    http://youtu.be/Nj_jDvT_lz4
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    The Xbox side of things have 2 songs that are worth interest:
    Nobody Gives A **** About Us and Got 2 Me.

The 2nd Goin' Places song isn't really that good, but that's alright because we have Relationship Sneakers (which is awesome). And Got 2 Me is a... it's like a rockier P!nk. Which is awesome. And it has an amazing keys intro that I wish persisted throughout the song, because that seems like it would be a lot of fun to play.

Got 2 Me is going on my maybe list.
    NGASAU isn't my kind of punk. But Lady Luck is :3
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Goin' Places and Look Left are contenders to become bands I'll buy everything that comes to RBN from. Put Out the Fire and Relationship Sneakers were awesome (holy crap I agree with Cipher on a song) and Top has a swingy triplet doowoppy thing going on that I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. I'll be picking up NGASAU shortly.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    "No Holy Man," excellent. It very quickly became my most-played song on Xbox. For a buck, you bet your ass I'll rebuy it for PS3.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4742993 said:
    For our PS3 brethren...if you like Dream Theater check out No Holy Man by Eden's Curse that features James on vocals!
    http://youtu.be/Nj_jDvT_lz4

Yesssss...listen to this man, if unaware. This freaking song being only $1 makes it one of the easiest purchases ever.
    edited May 2012
    cwilbur;4743301 said:
    Goin' Places and Look Left are contenders to become bands I'll buy everything that comes to RBN from. Put Out the Fire and Relationship Sneakers were awesome (holy crap I agree with Cipher on a song) and Top has a swingy triplet doowoppy thing going on that I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would. I'll be picking up NGASAU shortly.

Fun Fact: "Top" is the first RBN song to be filed under the "Motown" subgenre.

Fun Fact: we have a "Motown" subgenre.
  • TheMrsTheMrs Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Thanks so much for

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" ($0.99) – Metal
    Dance for the Dying - "Thug Love" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
    Close Your Eyes - "Valleys" ($1.99) - Punk
    edited May 2012
    Major /facepalm reading the facebook comments about this RBN announcement. One guy said "I got excited when I saw Dream Theater, then I read the rest..." and it had like 4 likes. I told them all, if you like Dream Theater, you will like this song. And it's $1! Come on!!
  • edited May 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4743636 said:
    Major /facepalm reading the facebook comments about this RBN announcement. One guy said "I got excited when I saw Dream Theater, then I read the rest..." and it had like 4 likes. I told them all, if you like Dream Theater, you will like this song. And it's $1! Come on!!

People are idiots.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4743644 said:
    People are idiots.
    Yes, I tend to stay far, far away from the people who comment on the facebook posts. Especially the ones about RBN.
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4743644 said:
    People are idiots.

Mhm. This is to say nothing of the guy who took the occasion of an RBN announcement to say "How about some Eagles?" although to FB's credit, there was one other person saying "This is not where you make your band requests" (is anywhere on FB the place where you make your band requests?)
    edited May 2012
    I think they think the same of us.
    edited May 2012
    What do you mean Cipher?
    edited May 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4743694 said:
    What do you mean Cipher?

There's a non-trivial contingency of music listeners that will look at folks like us and say "why do you idiots support these ******* bands? They're crap! If they were any good they'd be popular!"

And we can tell them as politely as we'd like that no, a band's popularity is based only partially on their talent and more dramatically on their exposure and marketing capabilities, and as a result a band can be terrible but well-marketed and thus popular despite themselves or a talented band can remain obscure due to lack of marketing, but before you can even get a third of the way through explaining that they've tuned you out in favor of listening to more Pitbull.

Whether it's earnest or the result of ages of habit, most people only like what they're told to like. The tragedy of the mainstream.
    edited May 2012
    Ahh, the old "Nickelback is good because I've heard of them" argument. Luv it.

I used to be one of those people.....until I realized I'm actually really easy to please when it comes to music and like pretty much everything :p
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    "People still play Rock Band?"

On. Every. Single. Post.

And this is from people who have Liked the Facebook page as well.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    I don't check Facebook comments often because when I do I'm reminded why I don't check Facebook comments often.

I do have some bile fascination with the GameFAQs board, though.
    edited May 2012
    Their Paramore dislike made me a very sad panda.
  • edited May 2012
    I usually look here. There is always someone who pops in and says "people still play this?", "learn a real instrument", and "these damn RB songs are cluttering the marketplace!".
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Sorry about not having a trailer up this week, personal issues have arise but as soon as they are resolved I will release a new RBN trailer with trying to incorporate some of the ideas yall had from the other thread.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4743946 said:
    I don't check Facebook comments often because when I do I'm reminded why I don't check Facebook comments often.

I do have some bile fascination with the GameFAQs board, though.
    Oh God, I checked out of there a long time ago. I know opinions are opinions and all that, but the slightest musical opinion would get you shot down, even when it made little sense.

"Led Zeppelin weren't that much of an influential band, idiot."