Fantastic songs from not-so-fantastic albums.

afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
edited July 2012 in History of Rock
[video=youtube;6QJH3wzcQ54]

Comments

• MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited May 2012
    While Porcelain Raft's album from this year was pretty good, the only amazing song was "Shapeless and Gone"

Also The Strokes' "You Only Live Once"
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited May 2012
    A few tracks from The Velvet Underground's "Squeeze," though I don't think "Squeeze" is nearly as terrible as VU fans make it out to me. It's a predictable release, but that doesn't mean it's a bad album. The VU just have really high standards.
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    The self titled track off Salem's King Night.

While the album isn't too bad, the title track is just leaps and bounds above the rest on the album, or anything else Witch-House related, for that matter...
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    While I am not really a fan of doom metal and thought the rest of the album was average, I really like Atlantean Kodex's eponymous track off of The Golden Bough.
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I have to say that "Lines in the Sand" and "Peruvian Skies" were the only really strong tracks from Falling Into Infinity.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited May 2012
    One of my recent listens: Marty Balin's Balin.

Balin got famous in Jefferson Airplane, later Jefferson Starship, and is perhaps best known for writing and singing "Miracles" on Red Octopus. His first solo album had a couple of decent songs, most notably the lost-love song "Hearts," which I like very much. As for the rest of the album...

I'm very tolerable about what I listen to, especially when I like the artist. So it isn't very often I finish an album thinking, "What herd of cats being murdered did I just listen to??" This was one of those times.

But I still like "Hearts."
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited May 2012
    "You are the Generation That Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve," the lead single and first track off of Johnny Boy's eponymous album, is pretty awesome. The rest of the album markedly less so.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    "Chasing Cars" from Snow Patrol's album Eyes Open. It was the only song that I really enjoyed enough from having the CD to bother putting it on my iPod.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited July 2012