Censorship complaint.

xCxToastxCxxCxToastxCx Unsigned
edited May 2012 in The Rock Band Network
this is probably an old question but i have wondered for years why harmonix is censoring lyrics in the music but yet there are plenty of panty shots and obscene clothes for your characters. im sorry but if we censor one thing we must censor the other. this is a family game and kids do play this game also. and for the love of music WHO IN THE HELL DECIDED TO PUT IN ROCK LOBSTER IN THE SETLIST? im not an activist or anything i just get tired of great music getting chopped up. once again this is just a question and in no way an attempt to offend anyone. lets come together harmonix and put out some great DLC like black label society or dope or hell even a few more static x songs. there is plenty of great rock left that would make the company more money if it as a whole wasnt lazy and cutting corners for a penny when u can make a buck.... the games are great just a little bit of poor judgement on the selection of songs for rb3.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    What's wrong with Rock Lobster?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    xCxToastxCx;4746032 said:
    this is probably an old question but i have wondered for years why harmonix is censoring lyrics in the music but yet there are plenty of panty shots and obscene clothes for your characters. im sorry but if we censor one thing we must censor the other. this is a family game and kids do play this game also. and for the love of music WHO IN THE HELL DECIDED TO PUT IN ROCK LOBSTER IN THE SETLIST? im not an activist or anything i just get tired of great music getting chopped up. once again this is just a question and in no way an attempt to offend anyone. lets come together harmonix and put out some great DLC like black label society or dope or hell even a few more static x songs. there is plenty of great rock left that would make the company more money if it as a whole wasnt lazy and cutting corners for a penny when u can make a buck.... the games are great just a little bit of poor judgement on the selection of songs for rb3.

I see worse and hear worse just going grocery shopping, so i think Harmonix does a good job at it honestly.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    Good title. It pulled me in.
    edited May 2012
    dog037;4746042 said:
    Good title. It pulled me in.

Oh you are as bad as a dog....
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Were it not for panty shots, my Parasoul from Skullgirls character in RB3 would never have gotten off the ground, and she was pretty much the only Skullgirls character I could pull off. It would have sucked if none of them work because I really like Skullgirls...I think.

If you don't want panty shots, just give your girls some pants.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    Censoring lyrics is far different because the F word, S word, etc. aren't allowed in a T-Rated game. Also, you posted in the wrong forum.
  • edited May 2012
    Seriously, what's wrong with Rock Lobster? Am I missing something? I don't think it needs to be censored, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have "suggestive" lyrics.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4746051 said:
    Seriously, what's wrong with Rock Lobster? Am I missing something? I don't think it needs to be censored, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have "suggestive" lyrics.

I think he's saying he dislikes the song.
  • edited May 2012
    Well at least that explains why he said it. Way to go off topic mid sentence guy :p.
    edited May 2012
    As much as I'm meh about Rock Lobster outside of RB, I still enjoy playing it so would never remove it from the game.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    xCxToastxCx;4746032 said:
    once again this is just a question and in no way an attempt to offend anyone.

[...]

there is plenty of great rock left that would make the company more money if it as a whole wasnt lazy and cutting corners for a penny when u can make a buck.... the games are great just a little bit of poor judgement on the selection of songs for rb3.

Doesn't work that way. You don't get to say "I don't mean to offend anybodyz!!!!" and then say a flagrantly offensive thing. Not without getting called out for your bull****, at least.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    At first, I thought this was going to be a self-deprecating announcement thread from a member or representative of a band called Panty Shots.
    edited May 2012
    Numskull;4746068 said:
    At first, I thought this was going to be a self-deprecating announcement thread from a member or representative of a band called Panty Shots.

Hmm, would that name even pass in RBN?
    Kinda mature content :P
  • edited May 2012
    Wrong forum and a way overdone topic.
This discussion has been closed.