New songs/powerups announced

CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
edited May 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Edit: I was told that this has been posted already but I can't seem to find the other threads. Feel free to ignore mine if you've seen the others.

Surprised no one has posted this here yet, but here's some new info about Blitz posted about an hour ago via Destructiod. A link is featured below.

New Songs:
All-American Rejects – "Kids in the Street"
Barenaked Ladies – "One Week"
Collective Soul – "Shine"
Elton John – "I’m Still Standing"
Fall Out Boy – "A Little Less Sixteen Candles"
Great White – "Once Bitten Twice Shy"
Iron Maiden – "Wicker Man"
Living Colour – "Cult of Personality"
P!nk – "Raise Your Glass"
Shinedown – "Diamond Eyes"
Tears for Fears – "Shout"

New Powerups:
Shockwave - sends out a wave that scores on all notes it touches
Bottle Rocket - explodes and clears notes it hits on tracks
Point Doubler - 2x points
Bandmate - takes over a track and plays all notes for you
Jackpot - play absolutely perfect to earn 3X points, but flub up and lose it all
Pinball Note - keep a pinball bouncing to clear touched notes
Blast Note - blows up any notes it touches
Synchrony - switches tracks without breaking your note streak
Flame Note - burn everything with fire to keep
Runaway Note - chase a note to get a bonus

All copy/pasted from this article (I suggest reading it anyways because any Rock Band news is going to be interesting):

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-rock-band-blitz-new-songs-and-power-ups-228160.phtml

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    You're right to be surprised because its been posted in two separate threads.
  • CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Catch-22;4755756 said:
    You're right to be surprised because its been posted in two separate threads.

Oh my bad, I somehow did not see them at all.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    damn. i really hope these eventually como to the Wii *sigh*
  • metalgod22metalgod22 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Wait r these the true songs???????????????????/
    edited May 2012
    metalgod22;4755838 said:
    Wait r these the true songs???????????????????/

Yep. Harmonix linked the article on Facebook, too.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited May 2012
    man that selist blows bruther. If I buy this I'll be buying this for two songs pal. Once bitten Twice Shy pal and Shine by collective soul dude.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Wickerman!!!! great stuff. Also Shout and Cult of personality are great additions...
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Depending on the price / quality of the gameplay, the setlist is shaping up to be good enough. There's a lot here I'm not huge on, but a few nice gems also.
    edited May 2012
    My thoughts on the newly announced songs are below. I'm definitely buying RBB, I don't care what songs are in it. I am really liking the setlist so far, though and can't wait for the rest of the announcements. Sorry for the wall of text; I'm very excited for this game.

I could do without it, but understand its inclusion. This band sells.

Personally have been waiting a long time for this song. Vocals are going to be incredibly fun. "BNL has two Billboard awards to your zero!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfdTnpV03p8

Lots of people have been suggesting this band and this is easily their most famous song.

Elton John songs are always hits with parties and the Rock Band community.

I was surprised we didn't already have this one. I'm no Fall Out Boy fan, but this song will probably be fairly fun like all of their others. Their songs also sell fairly well.

I have to admit, I didn't recognize this one by name, but after looking it up, I recognize it. I'm not a huge hair metal fan but I know the Rock Band community loves this genre and it sounds like it'll translate pretty well to gameplay.

I already liked this song and Iron Maiden always makes for a good Rock Band track. I run into people online with the Flight 666 pack all the time so I know this will be popular.

This song is guaranteed to have great guitar/bass charts with GH3 having this hit as one of its top tier songs. I've been hopeful for this track to hit RB since its inclusion in GH. I am curious, however, whether or not we'll get the re-record or the original. I can't remember if the masters were inaccessible, there was a licensing issue, or they encountered one of the other various music game problems.

I don't know this song. I don't really like pop music. P!nk has a lot of fans though, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there excited for this song.

Another band I don't find appealing, but I know they are extremely popular so their inclusion is a given. Their tracks also manage to be fun in most cases.

I've wanted this track for a while. RB3 made me love Tears for Fears and their other two tracks in the game are pretty fun. This being one of their most well known songs, I can definitely see why it was included in RBB.
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    'bout time we get Cult of Personality.
  • LensnartLensnart Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I had really hoped that Rock Band Blitz was going to give us something new. When I saw Foster The People I really hoped this would mean a lot more forays out of HMX's four pillars of music. But this set list is more of same. HMX seems unaware that there is music outside of Classic Rock, Metal, 90's Radio Rock, and EMO pop. One day they will come across a band like Bloc Party, or The Arcade Fire, or Matt and Kim, or The Rural Alberta Advantage, or Los Campesinos!, or Clap your Hands Say Yeah, pr they will suddenly remember Tv On The Radio, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Metric, The Strokes, and Sonic Youth and their brains will explode and they will regret all of the time they wasted releasing vaguely similar tracks week after week after week. On this day they will find that there are whole oceans of music fans that are not even close to reaching from their tiny island of musical tastes and Rock Band will thrive once more.
  • SnakeEyezSnakeEyez Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    KyleJCrb;4755943 said:
    'bout time we get Cult of Personality.

Indeed! Looking forward to playing this on RB. Also excited about Tears for Fears, been waiting on that song forever, Iron Maiden and Collective Soul.
  • The Hungry SamuraiThe Hungry Samurai Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    One Week alone makes this a must buy for me. I've always loved freaking folks out by singing this. Combined with End of the World as we know it my ultimate tongue twister set list is almost complete. (just need System Of A Down's IEAIAIO)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    All-American Rejects – "Kids in the Street" - I like some AAR songs. Most of them are already in Rock Band as DLC. Can't say this one was all that great. May still get a few plays from it.

Barenaked Ladies – "One Week" - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this group perform the theme song for The Big Band Theory? Ive seen this band requested a ton but I've never heard anything out side of that short bit for the TV show. Cant say I have never looked up barenaked ladies though. *ifyouknowwhatImean.jpg* Time to look up this song. *listens* Ehh... Decent enough. A quick look at the related videos shows me I know the song "If I Had $1,000,000" Hope we get that one soon.

Collective Soul – "Shine" - Didn't recognize the name, but I know the song pretty well. Not that bad. Some solid guitar work in it as well. Not to mention the short solo.

Elton John – "I’m Still Standing" - Not a fan of Elton's music, but it could be fun to play depending on the chart.

Fall Out Boy – "A Little Less Sixteen Candles" - *Read All American Rejects review*

Great White – "Once Bitten Twice Shy" - Love this song. Was hoping to see it for a long time. This will be one of the reasons why I get the game. Keys should be amazing in RB3

Iron Maiden – "Wicker Man" - My other Iron Maiden songs get a ton of playtime. Surely this will be no different.

Living Colour – "Cult of Personality" - Always happy to see more GHIII songs in Rock Band.

P!nk – "Raise Your Glass" - Maybe this song will make my mom sing some more. Can't say I'll do the same.

Shinedown – "Diamond Eyes" - Yep. I'm getting this game. This gives us 5 songs from Sound Of Madness but we don't have the title track. Wonder why.

Tears for Fears – "Shout" - I guess this is one of my guilty pleasure songs. I listen to the Disturbed version more often just because that one has some heavyness to it.

Pretty good chunk of songs.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Lensnart;4756041 said:
    I had really hoped that Rock Band Blitz was going to give us something new. When I saw Foster The People I really hoped this would mean a lot more forays out of HMX's four pillars of music. But this set list is more of same. HMX seems unaware that there is music outside of Classic Rock, Metal, 90's Radio Rock, and EMO pop. One day they will come across a band like Bloc Party, or The Arcade Fire, or Matt and Kim, or The Rural Alberta Advantage, or Los Campesinos!, or Clap your Hands Say Yeah, pr they will suddenly remember Tv On The Radio, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Metric, The Strokes, and Sonic Youth and their brains will explode and they will regret all of the time they wasted releasing vaguely similar tracks week after week after week. On this day they will find that there are whole oceans of music fans that are not even close to reaching from their tiny island of musical tastes and Rock Band will thrive once more.

man there is only one good band in your entire list... :)
  • LensnartLensnart Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    firedoom666;4756256 said:
    man there is only one good band in your entire list... :)

Hooray I am ahead 1-0.
  • krakronyz44krakronyz44 Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    WOO! I've wanted One Week in the game for quite some time. Honestly, when I buy Blitz, I'm gonna sing One Week on RB3 before even starting Blitz up lol
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    krakronyz44;4756863 said:
    WOO! I've wanted One Week in the game for quite some time. Honestly, when I buy Blitz, I'm gonna sing One Week on RB3 before even starting Blitz up lol

I am in the same boat with Cult of Personality and Shout.

The next 10 songs would have to be total duds for me to feel bad about picking this up. I think I already get my money's worth.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    CharlieSheen;4755752 said:

Dude! With the announcement of these four songs, I'm now more excited for this than any other Rock Band game, with the exception of Rock Band 2.
    nascargo19;4756157 said:

Barenaked Ladies – "One Week" - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this group perform the theme song for The Big Band Theory? Ive seen this band requested a ton but I've never heard anything out side of that short bit for the TV show. Cant say I have never looked up barenaked ladies though. *ifyouknowwhatImean.jpg* Time to look up this song. *listens* Ehh... Decent enough. A quick look at the related videos shows me I know the song "If I Had $1,000,000" Hope we get that one soon.
    Yes, they did The Big Bang Theory theme song. We actually do have one song by them already in Rock Band, Hanukkah Blessings.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Some really nice variety in there which is fitting for a game setlist. A good mix of some under featured bands with the safer choices (FoB, Blink 182, AAR etc are as inevitable as Foo Fighters as featuring during the year at some point when it comes to rock band).

Wanted the Disturbed version of Shout personally but hey im happy with those songs especially as i actually seem to know most of them which isnt often the case with HMX disc setlists. Now to wait for release date so i can actually try out the game for myself... i was never on the amplitude or whatever it was called bandwagon, im going in there keen on a fresh approach to playing songs.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited May 2012
    I'm really curious to see how they'll chart the drums in "Shout." It has a pretty interesting beat going on there.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Runesmith;4758116 said:
    I'm really curious to see how they'll chart the drums in "Shout." It has a pretty interesting beat going on there.
    I'm more interested on the Blitz vocal chart for One Week.

In 3, it's just gonna be a cluster**** of 'visual areas not long enough for the words, hyper-They're Red Hot speeds'.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    well, wasn't expecting this today. in order from best to worst, my opinions are:

Living Colour – "Cult of Personality" - about time i agree. love living colour, hope we get more from them, the only bummer is it won't have pro guitar. this is the only song on the setlist released so far that i really wish would get a pro upgrade. definitely my most anticipated song from the game.

Tears for Fears – "Shout" - not my favorite TFF song, but we already got that one a while back and i'm ok with any new TFF songs they want to release.

Elton John – "I’m Still Standing" - also not my first choice for an Elton song, but it's a good song and will add to the nice collection of 80s pop hits.

P!nk – "Raise Your Glass" - eh, ok. it's a fun party song i guess.

Great White – "Once Bitten Twice Shy" - not a fan of hair metal, but this song's ok.

Barenaked Ladies – "One Week" - not a BNL fan and this song kinda annoys me, but i can see where it would have some fun gameplay.

Iron Maiden – "Wicker Man" - and another band i'm not a real fan of. but i liked the (original) movie!

three songs i don't know by three bands i don't like. ho hum.

Collective Soul – "Shine" - i despise this band, and i despise this song. horrible. one play, and then one lighter for this one.

overall i guess it's a bit of a disappointing set list so far, but at least there's 2 songs i'm excited about (on top of 2 previously announced songs that i'm excited about) and a few more i think i'll enjoy at least somewhat.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2012
    I think I'll avoid like the devil.

I used to listen to this a lot when I was much younger. Pretty cool snatch I suppose.

I like the band, wish they would've went with a different song. It would've been nice to see a key-compatible one considering how the band sometimes has chamber arrangements.

This song is a little Billy Joel for me. Not a bad thing but considering that we have plenty of Billy Joel I would've liked to have seen something else. Still crosses fingers for "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" in the future.

God I hate his voice.

Completely indifferent.

21st century Maiden finally debuts. Unless it's "Dance of Death" or the top dog of Seventh Son, "Moonchild", I think I could do without anymore Maiden in the game.

Never really got around to Living Colour much and I only know this song from Guitar Hero 3, it's okay though.

How is it we're still getting Pink in this game?

Okay so I caved and listened to The Sound of Madness yesterday and I ended up liking it to a limited extent. This isn't a bad song either.

Probably my favorite on the setlist so far. We need more hazy new wave like this for the game. That's unsurprising though considering I'm an 80s buff.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    So far I'm hearing that everyone in our diverse community likes at least a few, which is a great success for HMX
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    well time for me to rank the setlist again (from Best to Worst)

Shinedown – Diamond Eyes
    Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
    Tears for Fears – Shout
    Elton John – I’m Still Standing
    Barenaked Ladies – One Week
    Living Colour – Cult of Personality
    Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
    Blink 182 – Always
    Iron Maiden – Wicker Man
    All-American Rejects – Kids in the Street
    Great White – Once Bitten Twice Shy
    Quiet Riot – Metal Health
    P!nk – Raise Your Glass
    Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles
    Collective Soul – Shine

everything up to Wicker Man are amazing (Iron Maiden included) the next three songs are ok. and the final three I don't like

gotta say this setlist looks awesome
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited May 2012
    All-American Rejects – "Kids in the Street" - Could have been a better choice
    Barenaked Ladies – "One Week" - Great choice
    Collective Soul – "Shine" - Good song, didn't know it by name though.
    Elton John – "I’m Still Standing" - cold have been a better choice
    Fall Out Boy – "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'" - Playing this song first, most looking forward to playing this song over all the others for obivous reasons.
    Great White – "Once Bitten Twice Shy" - meh
    Iron Maiden – "Wicker Man" - meh
    Living Colour – "Cult of Personality" - Looking forward to playing this as well.
    P!nk – "Raise Your Glass" - super meh
    Shinedown – "Diamond Eyes" - Could have been a better choice, but it's alright
    Tears for Fears – "Shout" - Should be fun to play, like the song.