This is how a Zombie Apocolypse starts.

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4756233 said:
    Zombieland is also a comedy movie and that was a lot better.

shame on you.

i will leave it at this
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited May 2012
    I am not going to put down Cipher for that opinion because I liked both of those movies.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited May 2012
    dragoninforcer;4756234 said:
    I liked both Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.
    I like Shaun of the Dead too, but the fact that people told me that Zombieland was a weaker Shaun of the Dead baffles me to this day.

Zombieland is easily in my top 10 movies of all time under Scott Pilgrim.
  • DAMdudeDAMdude Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I freaked my wife out by showing her this story as she is afraid of the "zombie apocalypse" coming true. She wants to move and buy a gun. I keep telling her, we live in Texas, we should be okay if zombies attack.
    edited May 2012
    DAMdude;4756285 said:
    I freaked my wife out by showing her this story as she is afraid of the "zombie apocalypse" coming true. She wants to move and buy a gun. I keep telling her, we live in Texas, we should be okay if zombies attack.

because zombies are attracted to brains and there's a lack of those there?
    :p

obvious joke, i mean nothing of what this post says
    edited May 2012
    Didn't you watch Zombieland?!?
    Guess who were the first ones to go!
    Also kidding :P
    edited May 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4756291 said:
    Didn't you watch Zombieland?!?
    Guess who were the first ones to go!
    Also kidding :P

which is why zombieland is a completely unrealistic bad movie :p
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    jibjqrkl;4756230 said:
    shaun of the dead is a comedy. not really a zombie movie.

You can't be serious.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    Well, we're doomed. If zombie movies have taught me one thing, it's that humans can NOT set aside their differences and cooperate no matter what the threat. Enjoy becoming zombie lunch when that one guy leaves a gate open to teach that other guy he hates a lesson.
    edited May 2012
    Some of the best zombie lessons I learned came from Shaun of the Dead and especially Zombieland. All other zombie movies just show REALLY STUPID people making obviously bad choices. It's what makes those movies stories more interesting. Sex is never an option in a zombie apocalypse. Zombleland was great and perfect. Reminded me of a lot of Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, great read and a lot of fun for anyone who likes a good zombie story. It's what got my wife and me interested in joining the Zombie Squad.
    edited May 2012
    Dawn of the Dead actually felt like the only zombie movie I've seen that has protagomists with a good head on their shoulders. And Zombie Survival Guide is excellent. I gave it to my then girlfriend for her birthday (not only that, obviously) and well... she wasn't afraid of zombies any more :p
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    I liked both movies, but Shaun of the Dead is easily better. It is cheeky and humourous in all the right ways. As funny as Zombieland was, it is a pleb movie to its core.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    World War Z was cool for a while, but by the time the end came, I was tired of it.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    No love for the Evil Dead series? This easily trumps both SotD and ZL
    edited May 2012
    well, of course. but evil dead is so great that we don't even have to say it's better
    edited May 2012
    lvmathemagician;4756820 said:
    World War Z was cool for a while, but by the time the end came, I was tired of it.

I heard thy were turning this into a movie starring Brad Pitt. Not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but this sounds good.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2012
    DAMdude;4756948 said:
    I heard thy were turning this into a movie starring Brad Pitt. Not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but this sounds good.

Brad Pritt in the last decade has been mostly pretty reliable as a "a-list" actor. I'll be looking forward to it.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited May 2012
    Apparently the attacker may have been high on a new form of LSD called "Bath salts."

I assume they know this because he had a Luffa with him.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Witticus;4756222 said:
    But what about the drivers who had to sit in traffic for hours!? If they're too stupid to flee when they see someone eating a man's face off, they're already dead.

They were on the other side of a short wall.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2012
    jibjqrkl;4756230 said:
    shaun of the dead is a comedy. not really a zombie movie.

you still have that way of comparing things that are not alike in any way

Ummm what? Comedy and zombies go hand in hand. They have for decades. Are you going to try to tell me that Return of the Living dead isnt a zombie movie too!?!?!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2012
    Ehfahq;4757588 said:
    Ummm what? Comedy and zombies go hand in hand. They have for decades. Are you going to try to tell me that Return of the Living dead isnt a zombie movie too!?!?!

She was meaning comedy doesn't define the zombie genre; and it really doesn't anymore. That's like saying the screwball comedy (which defined comedy in the 20s-40s) defines comedy; **** analogy, but w/e.

But jibs is right.
    edited May 2012
    Ehfahq;4757588 said:

i was more trying to say that Shaun of the dead could just have well been a movie with whatever random enemies in it. most of the jokes could've been used without zombies
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Sure Bob.
    edited May 2012
    jibjqrkl;4757680 said:
    i was more trying to say that Shaun of the dead could just have well been a movie with whatever random enemies in it. most of the jokes could've been used without zombies

You might want to re-watch the movie before standing behind that statement. The movie was an entire zombie joke, by far the best zombie comedy in the very small genre.
    edited May 2012
    DAMdude;4757951 said:
    You might want to re-watch the movie before standing behind that statement. The movie was an entire zombie joke, by far the best zombie comedy in the very small genre.

i'll keep standing behind my statement.
    for me the movie was a comedy with some zombies added into it.
    some good jokes about/with those zombies. but i still stand by my previous post
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    My dad just told me this moments ago. I just started playing the REmake of Resident Evil a few days ago and found out how terrible I am with "accurate" behavior zombies.

I'm screwed.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2012
    jibjqrkl;4758128 said:
    i'll keep standing behind my statement.
    for me the movie was a comedy with some zombies added into it.
    some good jokes about/with those zombies. but i still stand by my previous post

The writers set out to do a zombie movie. It was based off an episode of their show, about zombies.

Every joke is about zombies.
    edited May 2012
    Ehfahq;4758320 said:
    The writers set out to do a zombie movie. It was based off an episode of their show, about zombies.

Every joke is about zombies.

ok.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Therefore its not a comedy with "some zombies" added to it.

Connect the dots la-la-la.
    edited May 2012
    Ehfahq;4758512 said:
    Therefore its not a comedy with "some zombies" added to it.

Connect the dots la-la-la.

no thanks