RB: Blitz Prediction Thread-- Remaining Unannounced Songs

rvnfn752rvnfn752 Unsigned
edited August 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
With the recent reveal of another portion of the RB: Blitz setlist, we have 10 remaining songs that have yet to be announced. I believe with what we know so far, we could make some educated predictions/guesses as to what the other 10 songs are.

Here are the 15 songs that have already been confirmed:

All-American Rejects - "Kids In the Street"
Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"
Blink-182 - "Always"
Collective Soul - "Shine"
Elton John - "I'm Still Standing"
Fall Out Boy - "A Little Less Sixteen Candles"
Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks"
Great White - "Once Bitten Twice Shy"
Iron Maiden - "Wicker Man"
Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"
P!nk - "Raise Your Glass"
Quiet Riot - "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)"
Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
Shinedown - "Diamond Eyes"
Tears for Fears - "Shout"

From this list we can pull some useful information that could help us make some reasonable predictions. To start off, six of these artists will be making their RB debut once Blitz has released (Collective Soul, Foster the People, Great White, Living Colour, Quiet Riot, & Rick Springfield). I think it would be a fair guess that a couple of the unannounced songs will be by a band or artist that hasn't been in the game yet.

Four of these artists/bands have had DLC released already this year (Tears for Fears, Shinedown, P!nk, & Iron Maiden). It is very likely that the songs by these bands were licensed at the same time as the other songs that were released earlier this year. Before those four, the next most recent bands on the list to get DLC were Fall Out Boy (August 2011) and Blink-182 (October 2011).

It's a given that RB: Blitz has been in development for over a year (at least), so song licensing easily could have started before August 2011. We can use that information to try and look over the DLC released over the past year to help predict any of the remaining songs.

Just some other information to take into account--four of these bands/artists appeared in LEGO: Rock Band (Blink-182, Elton John, P!nk, & All-American Rejects). LEGO: RB was intended to appeal to a more casual and family friendly audience while still servicing the hardcore fan base. Blitz definitely has a somewhat similar feel to it, so I think they could potentially pick a couple bands from LEGO: RB and bring them back to Blitz.

Nine of the fifteen bands already have songs available in RB. Here are their current song totals:

Iron Maiden = 18 (not including the covers)
Blink-182 = 13
Fall Out Boy = 6
P!nk = 6
All-American Rejects = 5
Shinedown = 5
Elton John = 2
Tears for Fears = 2
Barenaked Ladies = 1

So the range varies from next to nothing to very well represented. Most of these bands have a decent number of songs already. I think we'll see HMX announce a few songs from other bands that are just as well represented, if not more so.

Based on the information I pulled, here are the 10 songs that I predict:

Queen - "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy"
Men at Work - "Who Can It Be Now"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Buried Alive"
Maroon 5 - "Harder to Breathe"
Foo Fighters - "These Days"
Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones"
Heart - "Magic Man"
ELO - "Don't Bring Me Down"
Genesis - "Invisible Touch"
Linkin Park - "Breaking the Habit"

Some of these bands and songs have been hinted at in the past, and others such as the Foo Fighters, A7X, and Queen are well known, popular, and well represented in RB already. Linkin Park seems very likely to be in Blitz, especially since their pack sold so well. ELO and Genesis have been hinted at, so this seems like a good opportunity for them to make their debut. Counting Crows could be another LEGO: RB band to reappear in the series. "Who Can It Be Now" has been thought to be in Blitz since it wasn't released with their other two hit songs as DLC. Heart has been a fan favorite on here; and I'm not sure where I saw it, but I think someone from HMX said to stay tuned on potentially seeing more DLC from Heart.

Here are some other bands that I thought might have good potential of being announced for Blitz:

Alter Bridge
My Chemical Romance
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
Journey
Dream Theater
Coheed and Cambria
Rush
The Killers
Skillet
Nine Inch Nails
Lady Gaga
Rascal Flatts
Three Days Grace

Put on your prediction caps and tell me what you think/predict... Forum hype machine activated!

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited May 2012
    1. Muse - "Supermassive Black Hole"

OR

1. Muse - "Uprising"

Being honest, if Muse isn't one of the remaining 10 bands, my anticipation for this game will sharply decrease. When the game is focusing on popular music (for the most part), it seems like it would be a waste to not have either one of those songs on the soundtrack. "Supermassive Black Hole" has the "Twilight" force behind it (*vomit*), while "Uprising" is the band's highest charting single and comes from a Grammy award winning album.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    Supermassive Black Hole has the 'Twilight' increase in licensing fees, and Uprising has the 'highest charting single' and 'Grammy-winning album' increase in licensing fees for a game sold at probably $20 for 25 songs.
    edited May 2012
    The "Grammy-winning album increase in licensing fees" didn't exactly stop HMX getting those Coldplay songs, did they?

Oh, there's another prediction:

2. Coldplay - "Paradise" or "Charlie Brown"
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    Can't have been that bad if Guitar Hero can grab both of them in their dying days. Nor can any Muse be that expensive if a fledgling franchise can nab them on the first go round.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    thats awesome,
    love the bands being announced...
    especially, Collective Soul, Foster the People, Living Colour, Quiet Riot, & Rick Springfield
    and we got Shout which i was sure we'd get eventually, more Elton John, and Maiden
    cant wait to export those songs XD
    edited May 2012
    RockBandRocker;4756834 said:
    The "Grammy-winning album increase in licensing fees" didn't exactly stop HMX getting those Coldplay songs, did they?
    Nor did it stop them from getting Smooth, which won a handful of Grammys on its own, and the album it was on won...nine? eleven?

But there's this little thing called 'expected return'.
    Lowlander2;4756836 said:
    Can't have been that bad if Guitar Hero can grab both of them in their dying days. Nor can any Muse be that expensive if a fledgling franchise can nab them on the first go round.
    Well, if they're not expensive, guess they just don't want to work with Harmonix. Welp, better luck next band.
    edited May 2012
    Alright, going through my music library and by what we already know the setlist looks like, I predict the following 10 songs.

1. "Supermassive Black Hole" - Muse
    2. "Charlie Brown" - Coldplay
    3. "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye
    4. "Harder To Breathe" - Maroon 5
    5. "When It's Over" - Loverboy
    6. "Breaking The Habit" - Linkin Park
    7. "Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
    8. "Behind These Hazel Eyes" - Kelly Clarkson
    9. "Money For Nothing" - Dire Straits
    10. "Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne
  • ZommieZommie Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Muse - Starlight
    Hall & Oates - Out of Touch
    Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
    ELO - Mr Blue Sky
    Train - Drive By
    Coldplay - Charlie Brown/Paradise

The others will be future DLC bands. Possibly foo fighters.
  • ZommieZommie Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    RockBandRocker;4756844 said:
    Alright, going through my music library and by what we already know the setlist looks like, I predict the following 10 songs.

Killers and Avril sound good bets.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    While I don't expect any Muse on Blitz at this point (seeing as we've seen mostly modern stuff revealed among other things), if we're to believe that SBH and Uprising might be too expensive to license then the next safest bets would probably be Time is Running Out or Starlight. Time is Running Out was the band's breakthrough hit stateside and Starlight was arguably the band's most popular pre-Resistance era (or pre-Twilight) hit, however as of today both likely rank below SBH and Uprising in mainstream recognition by the masses. Despite this, this may mean that they might be slightly easier to license....but who knows! I'd just be happy that my favorite band finally returns to the platform after so long.

Anyways, I'm thinking that the last 10 songs are probably gonna be a majority ofpre-80's songs to even out the rest of the revealed setlist so I'll be guessing these:

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
    The Turtles - Happy Together
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Commotion
    Santana - Oye Como Va
    Stevie Wonder - As
    Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
    Men at Work - Who Can It Be Now?
    Everclear - Father of Mine
    Coldplay - Violet Hill
    Young the Giant - My Body

Most of my picks are mainly assuming most of them are licensing holdovers from previous and relatively recent DLC. King Crimson and the Turtles are GH repeats, so I'd assume they can possibly appear. Three Dog Night and Young the Giant are absolute shots in the dark, but yeah.

Also, the Coldplay track can also be switched to either Paradise or Charlie Brown depending on whether HMX went back to Coldplay to license Paradise due to its mainstream popularity that was only starting to rise back when the first pack came out or Charlie Brown to showcase their latest (excluding Princess of China) single kind of like what AAR seems to be doing.
    edited May 2012
    Charlie Brown is also ridiculously more playable than Paradise.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    My only prediction is that they'll include the latest Linkin Park single to plug their new album. This would make Blitz a lot more attractive to casuals in my opinion, and labels love plugging new releases.
    edited May 2012
    I have a feeling that "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock Of Seagulls might be one of the remaining tracks.

Seems like Blitz would be a great venue in which to bring the song to the platform.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    RockBandRocker;4756844 said:

If Somebody I used to Know gets on this game, i might have 2nd thoughts about buying it... oh wait there's the 1 lighter hider.. can atleast use that :P
    edited May 2012
    I'm hoping Mr. Roboto doesn't make it, since that would mean I can't buy it.
    edited May 2012
    We won't get any Styx with Dennis DeYoung on vocals (as evidenced by the Styx re-record pack), so there's no need to worry about "Mr. Roboto".

Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" might also be one of the remaining songs.

(Now I'm just thinking about songs I like to listen to while driving that would be fun to play while "driving" through Rock City)
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I'm pretty convinced we'll get

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cant Stop
    Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square

Just because they seemed like such obvious emissions from the DLC packs. I'm echoing the couple of people hoping for Counting Crows - Mr Jones too.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    I think we'll get mostly "obvious" songs from past bands a la Shout by Tears For Fears. For example, if it were Coldplay it'd be "In My Place"
  • edited May 2012
    Give it Away Now (RB3 version) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Spoonman (RB3 version) by Sound Garden
    Someone That I Used to Know by Gotye
    Rolling in the Deep by Adele
    Who Can it Be Now by Men At Work
    You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oats
    Shiver by Coldplay
    Some Megadeth song
    Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
    My Doorbell by The White Stripes
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    mmetzner;4756990 said:
    I'm pretty convinced we'll get

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cant Stop
    Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square

Just because they seemed like such obvious emissions from the DLC packs. I'm echoing the couple of people hoping for Counting Crows - Mr Jones too.
    Can't Stop would be great!

Well... my only predictions by now are (based on the last DLCs):

Train - Drive By
    Heart and Soul - Huey Lewis & the News
    You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
    Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4757017 said:
    Give it Away Now (RB3 version) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Spoonman (RB3 version) by Sound Garden
    Someone That I Used to Know by Gotye
    Rolling in the Deep by Adele
    Who Can it Be Now by Men At Work
    You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oats
    Shiver by Coldplay
    Some Megadeth song
    Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
    My Doorbell by The White Stripes

Soundgarden!!! Other than that Id be up for any of those... Except Coldplay.
  • edited May 2012
    Witticus;4757034 said:
    Soundgarden!!! Other than that Id be up for any of those... Except Coldplay.

Damn. I knew I messed it up. I can never remember if it's one word or two.

And I just put Coldplay because its likely not because I want it :p
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 2012
    Sorry, I do not expect to see Muse in this. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I don't see it happening.

What I do see, though, is a few more indie rock songs thrown in. I'd love to see Los Campesinos! in this setlist, especially "You! Me! Dancing!"
    edited May 2012
    If P!nk and Shinedown can make it in, Three Days Grace might, but I hope Men At Work does with Be Good Johnny.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Hmm, let's go with:

Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece of Heaven
    Coldplay - Violet Hill
    Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
    Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
    Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight
    Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
    Linkin Park - New Divide
    Paramore - Decode
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
    The Zombies - Time of the Season
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Remember when Rock Band 3 consisted entirely of songs withheld from DLC packs?
    edited May 2012
    Yeah yeah, but if two of the worst 2012 DLC artists with holes in their packs can get songs, I have faith in others as well.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    This just confirms Elton John, Collective Soul, and Barenaked Ladies packs.
  • RetrokaiserRetrokaiser Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Lets go prediction machine:

The Police - Demolition Man
    Scissor Sisters - I don't feel like dancing
    Men At Work - Be Good Johnny (for something different)
    Daft Punk - Digital Love
    Public Enemy & Anthrax - Bring the Noise
    The Killers - Somebody Told Me
    Asia - Heat of the moment
    The Who - The Seeker
    Dr.Dre & Ice Cube - Natural Born Killaz
  • edited May 2012
    dog037;4757069 said:
    This just confirms Elton John, Collective Soul, and Barenaked Ladies packs.

We can only hope.
This discussion has been closed.