RB: Blitz Prediction Thread-- Remaining Unannounced Songs

Comments

• HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited May 2012
    From where I'm sitting, this is the most hilariously entertaining forum thread I've read all year.

Several of you have gotten multiple songs (artist AND title) correct.

Also interesting is that we have some Blitz songs which haven't even been mentioned here yet.

Thanks. Please continue...
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    My Predictions based on Harmonix trends andno personal favoritism

Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
    Lady Gaga - Yoü and I
    Train - Drive By
    Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
    Hootie & The Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You
    Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
    The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
    Matchbox Twenty - 3AM
    Adele - Rolling In The Deep
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    b4mv;4757438 said:
    Reasoning: Yellowcard has 2 songs already in rockband, and since songs are typically licenced in 3s, it makes a good chance for this.
    Or ones, [url=or twos, or— I was going to dig up some old(ish) 4-packs, but then I remembered that the two Yellowcard songs came out years apart, so they were probably licensed years apart.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4757354 said:
    Is there any basis for these prediction, or is this just USL wishlisting?
    It seems to be a more drawn out DLC Prediction Thread, with a side of logic that every band that has had DLC lately HAS to be in the game.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    HMXMister_Game;4757497 said:

Also interesting is that we have some Blitz songs which haven't even been mentioned here yet.
    That's fun to hear. It really doesn't give us much to go by, but it's enticing and just what I needed.
  • LeodwyldLeodwyld Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    It does tell us that some (but specifically not all) of the unannounced Blitz songs are in the topic before his post.

It is also quite intriguing, with the wide variety of guesses, that there is a song or songs that have not been guessed yet.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    From where I'm sitting, this is the most hilariously entertaining forum thread I've read all year.

After 4 years...the hard-core community remains as simultaneously plugged-in and clueless as to HMX goings-on as always.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Going back and seeing Sublime guessed, I think "Wrong Way" would be a very likely candidate for this game.
    edited May 2012
    If the RBB release date ends up being 8/31...that's 13 weeks of DLC releases to look forward to before it.

That is a LOT of material to span the time.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Here's my predictions starting with the most probable to be included to least probable:

1-Men at Work - Who Can it be Now?
    2-Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
    3-Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
    4-Incubus - Drive
    5-B52s - Love Shack
    6-REM - The One I Love
    7-The Zombies - Time of the Season
    8-The Band - The Weight
    9-Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure
    10-Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
    edited May 2012
    Clearly, one of the previously unmentioned songs that is on the setlist is the masterwork:

Kenny Loggins - "Danger Zone"
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited May 2012

I saw someone predicting Ten Thousand Fists by Disturbed a few pages back. Please let that be one of the songs!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 2012
    Odin Force;4757334 said:
    My guess:

1) Train- Drive By
    2) Hall & Oates- You Make My Dreams Come True
    3) Lady Gaga- Edge of Glory
    4) Eddie Money- Take Me Home Tonight
    5) Linkin Park- Burn it Down
    6) Stevie Wonder- Signed Sealed Delivered
    7) Huey Lewis- If This Is It
    8) Killers- Somebody Told Me
    9) Fun- We Are Young
    10) Nena- 99 Luftballoons

So I realize that these are all poppy/rock and not too metal, so I'm probably wrong on 2-4 of them, and those are all metal.

Runners Up from my Wish-List:

11) Don McLean- American Pie
    12) Johnny Cash- Hurt
    13) Neon Trees- Your Surrender
    14) Keane- Somewhere Only We Know
    15) Snow Patrol- Open Your Eyes
    16) Coldplay- Charlie Brown
    17) Bruno Mars/Cee-Lo- Otherside
    18) ABBA- Winner Takes it All
    19) Panic! at the Disco- Memories
    20) Mika- Grace Kelly
    While I may choose different songs from some artists, we could receive any ten of these artists and I'd be happy as a clam.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 2012
    thatmarkguy;4757373 said:

The Flaming Lips - Race for the Prize (Mokran Remix)

Yes! Since we first got The Lips, I've wanted "Race for the Prize"!

Or "Do You Realize??".

Or "Waitin' For A Superman".

Or "Fight Test".

Or "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song".

Or "She Don't Use Jelly".

Or "Are You A Hypnotist??".

There you go HMX. Put one of those in Blitz, and I've also designed a 6-pack of DLC for ya.
  • rvnfn752rvnfn752 Unsigned
    edited May 2012

This has got me excited to see the rest of the setlist. Of all the songs I've seen people list, I would probably by 80-90% of what has been mentioned. I really hope they have some more info to give during E3.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    rvnfn752;4757565 said:
    This has got me excited to see the rest of the setlist. Of all the songs I've seen people list, I would probably by 80-90% of what has been mentioned. I really hope they have some more info to give during E3.

I'm also really digging what other people are coming up with.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Hey Harmonix, can you give me a sneak peek? ;)
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Based on DLC trend of the past couple of years and recent/popular radio airplay I've come up with these.

A-ha - The Sun Always Shines on TV - The 'other' obvious a-ha song which people moaned when we only got 'Take on Me'

Coldplay - Speed of Sound - Not present in Coldplay 01 track pack and more playable than Paradise in both Blitz and RB3.

Darkness - Is it Just Me - We got 'I Believe in a thing Called Love', I chose this from the bands second (but less successful album). But its a good track with inspiration taken from old school rock bands.

Def Leppard - Let's Get Rocked - I now realise the rocked is the substitute for the well known expletive but the average joe isn't going to care, and has even has key parts so also a good DL song for RB3 too.

Jam, (The) - Down at the Tube Station at Midnight - Being a huge Paul Weller fan, I am very disappointed we only have 2 songs from the Jam in game. This is their next obvious choice really and I've noticed a few radio stations now regularly play this song whereas before this it didn't really get any airplay at all.

Queen - A Kind of Magic - I'd rather than 'Breakthru' than this song, but seeing as I choose that song everytime Queen is leaked for DLC and when I create game wishlists, I chose this for a change. Flash would be another good choice but I understand that has some licensing issues.

Reel Big Fish - I want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too - A quirky little song, with increased radio airplay, a new greatest hits compilation release. The greatest hits version of the song has the expletives muted so this would be the version we get if we do get this song.

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - They have a new album now out, but this was considered to be the bands most successful single, and its actually a song I don't mind by a band I don't really like

Train - Hey Soul Sister - We had drops of jupiter released a few weeks back. Hey Soul Sister whilst hated by some fans of the band, it is quite catchy.

Tubes, (The) - She's a Beauty - I recently discovered this song after someone recommended it to me. An upbeat song, with challenging vocals, harmonies, and potential fun on every instrument. Could work well in Blitz also
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012

well we predicted 155 different songs before you posted that we were bound to get some eventually :)
  • edited May 2012
    Well, Nord beat me to it, but I wanted to jump in and say that across this thread, you guys have actually named a NUMBER of songs that are in the final setlist. Others have gotten bands right, but the songs wrong, and others of you are just completely insane. In the best way. Some of you have gotten most of them wrong, yet built a setlist that I would play the crap out of. Basically, you're all winners here.

Next time I need some detective work done, I am hiring you all.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    I'm gonna predict Manowar.
    just because :3
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot
    Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through the Tulips
    Klaus Nomi - Total Eclipse
    Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll
    Hatebeak - Hellbent for Feathers

Am I close?
  • edited May 2012
    Tiny Tim would be amazing.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited May 2012
    HMXPope;4757627 said:
    Well, Nord beat me to it, but I wanted to jump in and say that across this thread, you guys have actually named a NUMBER of songs that are in the final setlist. Others have gotten bands right, but the songs wrong, and others of you are just completely insane. In the best way. Some of you have gotten most of them wrong, yet built a setlist that I would play the crap out of. Basically, you're all winners here.

Next time I need some detective work done, I am hiring you all.

*Turns around*
    *Raises both fists*
    *Whispers to self, "Yes!"*
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    This game will be a tough sell for me if Magic by The Cars is not on the setlist.
  • VegeduckVegeduck Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I really hope 'Flagpole Sitta' by Harvey Danger is in there. It just seems like it's a good fit and it's quite a famous song. You know it, even if you don't recognize the title.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited May 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4757634 said:
    The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot
    Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through the Tulips
    Klaus Nomi - Total Eclipse
    Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll
    Hatebeak - Hellbent for Feathers

Am I close?

if it has Hatebeak. i will buy this game 3 times.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Wow! I will make my predicts with a few predicts of the others users (a pop wish list):

1. Train - Drive By
    2. Heart and Soul - Huey Lewis & the News
    3. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
    4. Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
    5. Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    6. Speed of Sound - Coldplay
    7. Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
    8. Decode - Paramore
    9. Moves Like Jagger OR Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
    10. You & I OR The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga

The last two are more "songs that I want" than "songs that I guess".
    Maybe a song of Cinderella, 3 Days Grace or Men at Work (and CCR???), but I can't suggest one...

Bingo? hehehehehehe....
  • JunoHolyJunoHoly Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    I would predict 5 new artists and 5 old! But I'm horrible at predicting so I'll just say what I'd like to be there!
    01)Avril Lavigne - Sk8r Boi
    02)Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
    03)Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record)
    04)Bloc Party - Helicopter
    05)Adele - Rolling in the Deep
    06)Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now
    07)Paramore - Decode
    08)Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
    09)Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
    10)Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin' For You

11)Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
    12)Matchbox 20 - 3AM
    13)Janet Jackson - Black Cat
    14)Mika - Grace Kelly
    15)Keane - Everybody's Changing
    16)The Killers - Somebody Told Me
    17)Huey Lewis and The News - Hip To Be Square
    18)Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True
    19)Maroon 5 - Harder To Breath ( Or Moves Like Jagger) Couldn't choose one sorry! :P
    20)Counting Crows - Mr. Jones

I wanted to say more, but I already doubled the remaining songs so I'll stop here! But I believe Coldplay, ELO, Kelly Clarkson, Dire Straits and Muse can also be on the setlists!

Oh and can someone explain me if the setlist will be 20+ or 25? I think they were having problems with some songs so they couldn't tell exactly how many songs would be in Blitz making it 20+! But I could be VERY wrong, I don't know which came first to start, so anyone knows already I can tell me?
  • LeodwyldLeodwyld Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    It is a good question, some sources say 20+, some say 25. I am wondering if they are bringing back a couple export removals and are not sure whether to count them as "new" songs or not.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    why is everybody predicting Sk8r Boi is there something I don't know or do people actually like that song?
This discussion has been closed.