RB: Blitz Prediction Thread-- Remaining Unannounced Songs

Comments

• XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    i seriously hope we get
    "Don't Steal My Sunshine" by LEN

With such a diverse setlist I could see this as one of them. :)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    PyramidHead128;4757804 said:
    Harmonix TOLD US it was for Go With the Flow.
    SirDavidTLynch;4757504 said:
    but then I remembered that the two Yellowcard songs came out years apart, so they were probably licensed years apart.
    Also, they were licensed for two different eras of the game.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    dog037;4757877 said:
    The only song we'd get.

We got Transmaniacon MC on a disc. I don't think a song other than Burning for You is out of the question
  • SkrazemSkrazem Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    How You Like Me Now? - The Heavy
    You Make My Dreams - Hall and Oats
    Sixteen Saltines - Jack White
    Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies
    Aeroplane - RHCP
    Glycerine - Bush
    My thinking is it could be the beginner/intro song to get you used to the game without having all instruments going at once
    Chelsea Dagger - Fratellis
    Instant Karma - John Lennon
    Whipping Post -Allman Brothers
    edited May 2012
    TubaDude49;4758031 said:
    We got Transmaniacon MC on a disc.
    In 2009. Don't forget that.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2012
    Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like a Lady
    Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure
    The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling
    Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
    Green Day - Waiting
    The Heavy - How You Like Me Now?
    Jack White and the Dave Grohls
    Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
    Red Fang - Wires
    Toadies - Possum Kingdom
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2012
    HeyRiles;4758036 said:
    Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like a Lady

Stopped reading.
  • SkrazemSkrazem Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    dog037;4758039 said:
    Stopped reading.

You missed Dave Grohl and Jack White forming a band just for Blitz....

Would kill for some Black Keys though, especially Gold on the Ceiling at the moment.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band - I Want to Be a Hulkamaniac
    Rick Derringer - Real American
    fun. - We Are Young
    Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
    The Black Keys - Howlin' for You
    edited May 2012
    We have Seven Seas of Rhye, Riles.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2012
    Skrazem;4758044 said:
    You missed Dave Grohl and Jack White forming a band just for Blitz....

Considering those two account for about 60% of all music now,
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    This is a fun thread to read through. Been quite some time since the speculation of RB3 tracks. My guesses are these bands an Ill leave it at that.

-Black Stone Cherry
    -John Lennon
    -Def Leppard
    -Whitesnake
    -Disturbed
    -Megadeath
    -Incubus
    -Stone Sour
    -Queen
    -Ozzy
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited May 2012
    I think some of you are on to something...
    1. Dream On - Aeromsith
    2. Panama - Van Halen
    3. One - Metallica
    4. Hotel California - The Eagles
    5. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
    6. Money - Pink Floyd
    7. Purple Rain - Prince
    8. Plug in Baby - Muse
    9. Big Balls - AC/DC
    10. Hey Jude - The Beatles
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Overall, I've noticed that most of the Blitz songs officially announced so far seem to be upbeat/quick-paced. For that reason, I don't see a song like Bush's "Glycerine" coming to this game. It makes sense for an arcade style "beat the notes" type game to include songs that are more up-tempo.

Here's my 10 song prediction, with a rationale for each that may or may not be rational.

1. "Hell" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers.... The band emailed me back saying RB would be a cool thing to do quite a while ago, and I keep requesting them. Plus, this would quickly become a favorite song for people due to how different and cool it would be! It's up-tempo, sounds neat, and was a hit in the 90's. I also cannot imagine it would be expensive or difficult to license (but I am no expert on that).

2. "Mr. Roboto" by Styx. It came to Band Hero, so it's "licenseable." Like it or not (and as a Styx fan I don't mind it that much even given its history) it is one of the most popular Styx songs. It would also seem to fit this type of game, which is a little less "serious" and more of a fun concept. This would be one of the “guilty pleasure” songs in Blitz (and you know you would sing it in RB3!).

3. "Substitute" by The Who. The Who have graced most HMX titles. This is a well-known and fast-paced Who song, which I would enjoy even though I would prefer 5:15.

4. "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan. the perfect Blitz song! Dylan has been in RB. For some inexplicable reason he was one and done.... until now! Insanely fast, hard to keep up with

5. “Wrong Way” by Sublime. Again, I looked for a well-known song that was also fast-paced. Any real Sublime is good Sublime in my book (I say this as someone who owns every Sublime CD).

6. “Headlong Flight” by Rush. In addition to being ageless rock gods, Rush seems to be very open to their music appearing in music games. Like the Who, Rush have been an often-released band across the platform. Geddy and Alex have both talked about how these games have helped to increase their audience. Clockwork Angels is going to be an epic album. This is a rocking song! It would probably be easier and cheaper to license than a song from the back catalogue like “Freewill.” It makes a lot of sense.

7. “Sk8er Boi” by Avril Lavigne. Appeals to a broad audience, fits the fast-paced part of my theory.

8. “Wonderboy” by Tenacious D. Appeals to a broad audience, would be fun, the band has already had songs released on the platform a couple of times.

9. “Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo” by Rick Derringer. A classic rock staple. A well-known song. That said, this is not a mega artist (no disrespect intended to the man whose song can get stuck in your head for DAYS!) so I can’t imagine a huge cost to license it for a roughly $20 game. HMX often throws in something like this when they are putting together a setlist.

10. “Parallels” by Yes. My “out of left field but not really” guess. People not familiar with the band would hear this and go “WTF?!” then fall in love with it. Yes has been in the game and we’ve got some relatively deep cuts in “South Side of the Sky” and “Heart of the Sunrise.” HMX is pretty good at giving us a somewhat unexpected track by a given band, especially when we already have some stuff from them. “Long Distance Runaround” also makes sense, given that we already have most of the Fragile album. Still, go check this song out on youtube and tell me it wouldn’t be freaking amazing! At the end of the day, any Yes is amazing in my book (aside from the sad parody that is currently touring, but I pretend that does not exist).

Link to “Parallels” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kelu7BwdE

Just imagine playing that, preferably with balloons falling all around you while the floor rotates and there is an amazing laser show all going on at the same time…
    edited May 2012
    Mr. Roboto is way too long and way too empty to follow what you just said.
  • Danny_DeathDanny_Death Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Has Anyone Guessed
    She Will Be loved-Maroon 5
  • trainwreckscenetrainwreckscene Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4757017 said:
    Give it Away Now (RB3 version) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Spoonman (RB3 version) by Sound Garden
    Someone That I Used to Know by Gotye
    Rolling in the Deep by Adele
    Who Can it Be Now by Men At Work
    You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oats
    Shiver by Coldplay
    Some Megadeth song
    Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
    My Doorbell by The White Stripes
    this is epic
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4757884 said:
    Well I took out the totally unlikely tracks.
    I'd say take out the tracks that are slow to eliminate some more, but I consider Pumped Up Kicks to be somewhat slow.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    To those predicting Hip To Be Sqaure, Henry's shocked reaction in the first pack's announcement thread when people clamoured for that song basically says HMX never really considered it then. They would not have had enough time to license it now.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited May 2012
    Based purely on intuition, Blitz-friendliness, and a lil' bit of wishful thinking in several instances:

1. Depeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough"
    2. The Cure - "Lovesong" (would prefer so many other songs by them but this just seems like a shoe-in)
    3. The Who - "Bargain"
    4. Gin Blossoms - "Hey Jealousy"
    5. Naked Eyes - "Always Something There To Remind Me"
    6. The Go-Gos - "Vacation" (again, would prefer other tunes from the band, but it's the most realistic choice)
    7. Katy Perry - "Hot N' Cold (Rock Mix)"
    8. 3OH!3 - "Don't Trust Me"
    9. Beach Boys - "Surfin' USA"
    10. Kelly Clarkson - "Since U Been Gone"
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Runesmith;4758125 said:

10. "Since U Been Gone"
    "Since U Been Gone, Since U Been Gone,
    I'm out of my head can't take it
    Could I be wrong
    But since you been gone
    You cast your spell so break it
    Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
    Since u been gone"

:p
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    crash13;4758055 said:
    I think some of you are on to something...
    1. Dream On - Aeromsith
    2. Panama - Van Halen
    3. One - Metallica
    4. Hotel California - The Eagles
    5. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
    6. Money - Pink Floyd
    7. Purple Rain - Prince
    8. Plug in Baby - Muse
    9. Big Balls - AC/DC
    10. Hey Jude - The Beatles

When the **** did Jimmy Page, Prince and the members of Pink Floyd all die?
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited May 2012
    WonderWaageUK;4758152 said:
    When the **** did Jimmy Page, Prince and the members of Pink Floyd all die?

Well this went way over your head. Didn't notice the GH exclusive artists in there, AC/DC exporting or the Beatles in general?
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4758158 said:
    Well this went way over your head. Didn't notice the GH exclusive artists in there, AC/DC exporting or the Beatles in general?

Damn. Didn't I mention Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen or The Eagles... Well i'm sorry. Can you direct me to a place where i can read the exclusivity contracts?

I mentioned the once who have, in the past, never given their masters to a videogame company. Dphiits
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited May 2012
    WonderWaageUK;4758161 said:
    Dphiits
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking, B1?
    I think I am, B2!

IT'S PATENT FILING TIME!
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4758122 said:
    To those predicting Hip To Be Sqaure, Henry's shocked reaction in the first pack's announcement thread when people clamoured for that song basically says HMX never really considered it then. They would not have had enough time to license it now.

American Psycho and Huey Lewis go hand in hand, (same with Genesis and Whitney Houston on a smaller scale.) I'm sure HMX did, but ultimately decided instead for the 3 they got. Henry's post was a response of the backlash in comparison to the songs selected. He has no say in licensing, so it's not his call one way or another whether it came or not.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4758066 said:
    Mr. Roboto is way too long and way too empty to follow what you just said.

People would still play it, it's their most well known song.
    TubaDude49;4758031 said:
    We got Transmaniacon MC on a disc. I don't think a song other than Burning for You is out of the question
    GNFfhqwhgads;4758033 said:
    In 2009. Don't forget that.

How is BFY out of the question? Any time length in RB is irrelevant, look at Snoop. Took that 2 years, and was thought to have rolled over and died.
    edited May 2012
    Damn. Didn't I mention Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen or The Eagles... Well i'm sorry. Can you direct me to a place where i can read the exclusivity contracts?

I mentioned the once who have, in the past, never given their masters to a videogame company. Dphiits
    Exclusivity Contracts Link
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    Lowlander2;4758122 said:

Henry is a big punk/hardcore fan, so he might have just been shocked in general that so many people were passionate about Huey.

I, on the other hand, am an unabashed fan of Huey, and even I was shocked at the public dismay that "Back in Time" wasn't included in the first pack. Heck, I'd probably name 12 or 15 other songs before I even got to that one.

Which goes to show...the public's love for all things BTTF remains STRONG.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    We know that they're not interested in licensing their music for fake 5 button controllers.

Any word on how Clapton, Kid Rock, or Dave Matthews feel about two note highways and bottle rockets/pinballs/bomb power-ups?
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    ClaptonsWig;4758158 said:

I don't know who's trolling whom anymore but this is hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.