Was it wrong to cry?

nighthawk2727nighthawk2727 Rising Star
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4

22 year old dude here, I broke down almost immediately.

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    That was pretty sad. I can see why someone would cry about it, I was close.

Off topic, whoever made this video should be a Hollywood director.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2012
    I probably would've been more sympathetic if half of it wasn't a camera whore smoking, biking and crying. So basically, I only felt bad for the dog.

I know it's a tragic moment but do people really feel the need to parade their emotions on the big screen?
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited May 2012
    nighthawk2727;4760455 said:
    How does one cope with the loss of a pet? I got my first dog ever, he is about 4 years old now.. don't think I have it in me to put him down when that time comes.. :(

I had a dog ever since I was born die a few years ago, she wasn't put down, but we knew it was coming. The more you get attached, the harder it is to let something go.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    How does one cope with the loss of a pet? I got my first dog ever, he is about 4 years old now.. don't think I have it in me to put him down when that time comes.. :(
    Just like the loss of another human being, you grieve at first and then move on. That's life and just be happy that you gave that dog the best life it could have asked for.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    www1221;4760451 said:
    I cried at the end of Gran Turino

And when *spoilers*

You've kinda got to say what you're gonna be spoiling :p

No problem for me though, since I can't stand that show.

Anyway, the only movie I've come close to crying in is Birdemic: Shock and Terror, while watching with a friend. And that's because it was so, so hilarious. Only time I've laughed so hard I've had tears in my eyes.

I consider myself an empathetic person, I'm just emotionally dead :(
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited May 2012
    I didn't watch it, because I know it would make me cry. I don't watch animal movies at all....they almost always have a scene where the animals going to die, gets lost, gets beaten by an angry villian, or is used in scientific experiments. I've never seen "Old Yeller" either. Can't do it.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2012
    All I could think about was this song
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    This video made me sad the first time someone linked to it.

It's kind of worn off by the 9th or 10th time...
    edited May 2012
    rkbdgurl;4760470 said:
    I didn't watch it, because I know it would make me cry. I don't watch animal movies at all....they almost always have a scene where the animals going to die, gets lost, gets beaten by an angry villian, or is used in scientific experiments. I've never seen "Old Yeller" either. Can't do it.

Heh, it's pretty strange that I always am much more saddened by animal deaths than human deaths. I hate it when movies practically put target markers on the dogs head; I Am Legend is a bit offender. From the moment you see that dog, you know he's dead before the end of the movie.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited May 2012
    instantdeath999;4760469 said:
    You've kinda got to say what you're gonna be spoiling :p

You know there was text way underneath there. Stop cheating the system.
    edited May 2012
    nascarfan19;4760485 said:
    You know there was text way underneath there. Stop cheating the system.

Don't make me tell you all about how

Darth Vader is Luke's father and the Planet of the Apes is actually Earth.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited May 2012
    The Hogan will say this bruther.

Nothing wrong with a man crying. If someone says that a man crying is a wuss then they're full of **** bruther.

I'm sure they cried before dude..... Nothing wrong with a 22 year old man crying bruther.
    edited May 2012
    I never cried. Not even when I came out of my mothers womb. My doctor tried to stab me with a burning crucifix.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2012
    instantdeath999;4760475 said:
    Heh, it's pretty strange that I always am much more saddened by animal deaths than human deaths. I hate it when movies practically put target markers on the dogs head; I Am Legend is a bit offender. From the moment you see that dog, you know he's dead before the end of the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(2008_film)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2012
    www1221;4760451 said:
    And when *spoilers*
    Oh god, yes.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited May 2012
    I cried when my wife dragged me to see Twilight in the theaters pal. Worst 2 hours of my life dude.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Hogan2000;4760520 said:
    I cried when my wife dragged me to see Twilight in the theaters pal. Worst 2 hours of my life dude.

I cried when I saw the ending of Toy Story 3.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2012
    The only movie that ever almost made me cry was Click, of all movies

Also Clannad After Story made me cry, and Chobits got me THAT close
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    The Green Mile.

That is all.
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Men In Black 3 made me shed some tears.

*Spoiler*
    When young Agent J (probably four years old, IDK) find his father dead, and then Agent K flashes the kid telling him his father was a hero.
    *Spoiler*

I was surprised by this too because I haven't been able to cry in a long time...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    HeyRiles;4760638 said:

Heh, me too.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    The only part i remember fomClick is the slow motion boob bounce. I liked that part
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2012
    I never cry at stuff on a screen, but that broke that streak, a few years after Marley and Me did the same. It is sad to lose a friend, animal or not.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    HeyRiles;4760638 said:

Yeah Click was surprisingly sad. The whole "it was all just a dream" thing was just so cliched though.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2012
    MySummerJob;4760681 said:
    Men In Black 3 made me shed some tears.
    I hated MiB3 for that scene. It's a cheap, overused trope in a movie that didn't really have a whole lot original going for it in the first place... and darn it if it didn't get a little dusty in that theater anyway.
    Easy. You realize you don't have a choice.

I've lost many pets over the years. Most recently I lost a cat to liver disease. Technically he was my roommate's cat, but really he adopted both of us after we rescued him as a kitten. He wasn't even 8 years old when he died.

Somewhere along the way I realized I had what it takes to be a good pet owner (except for a mountain of free time). You must take care of them while they are with you, and you must let them go when the time comes to do so. Enjoy your time together, give them a happy life, but don't let them suffer unnecessarily, and that includes not prolonging any agony at the end. When they are gone, remember them for the good times, and if you still feel the need to love a pet, go to the shelter and find another lucky recipient... that is if some stray doesn't end up adopting you first.

When it became obvious there was something wrong with the cat, I took him to the vet. When we learned there was nothing more the vet could do, I brought him home for one last goodbye. And had he lived through that night, I would have taken him back to the vet the next morning. That damn cat left us way too soon, and he broke our hearts doing so. But even knowing I might have to go through all that again, I would happily welcome another pet. At least I know we gave him a better life than he would have had, had we left him there beside the road all those years ago.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Its totally OK. I had to turn it off, because I started to.

Ive lost a cat this year. His name was Bob. And he was the coolest cat to ever walk the earth. And I miss him terribly. Sometimes I think I hear him because I was so used to him being around.

One of my dogs is getting really old, and it is really starting to bum me out. But I make sure she is a healthy as she can be, so I have her as long as possible. She is 12 now. I can't believe I have had her for almost 1/3 of my life.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    That was terrible, I can't watch videos like that. I dont know what im going to do when that time comes for my dog.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I won't watch it because Where the Red Fern grows/Marley and Me were hard enough to watch.