Is Lego Rock Band worth buying simply to import to Rock Band 3?

Crackerbox24Crackerbox24 Unsigned
edited September 2012 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm considering getting it.

Comments

  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    Lego Rock Band's setlist is amazing. So yes yes yes.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited June 2012
    What everybody else said, that said good things. If anybody said bad things don't listen to them. Make sure you get a good code like Fuji said. Great game, great songs.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Do you like (a good number of) the songs? Then yes.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    the games is like what? $10?
    if you like 5 or more songs, get it
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    bjyaritz;4761693 said:
    The game is more fun than RB3 too.

    Can't agree that it's more fun, but still worth the purchase.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I don't think that its more fun than RB3, but it is fun in and of itself. The career contains little vignettes set around particular songs that are very cool and unique--actual stories which end with you playing an appropriate song. It's a steal at the current price--45 songs for $20 ($10 for the disc, $10 for the export), plus an amusing game.
  • Crackerbox24Crackerbox24 Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    Thankyou everybody! You've all been really helpful. I'll get it, especially at the $10 price tag with it's 40-something songs. The setlist is pretty great too!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    ...How weren't you decided before? I assume you'd at least have GLANCED at a price for it, and if you liked the setlist...what was stopping you?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2012
    Again, yes, get it, it's fun.

    Just make sure you get a disc version, the XBL version doesn't have an export key. And the Wii version doesn't export.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    The XBLGoD version has been missing since 2011 because of export confusion.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    They did introduce an XBL Games on Demand version of RB3, which will have the same export confusion if there's ever any new RB game to export to. Actually, there soon will be (Blitz), but HMX doesn't plan to create an RB3 export just to enable people to play RB3 on disc content in Blitz.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Not quite, because LEGO was SUPPOSED to export from GoD, but Warner dropped the ball.
  • OldNoobOldNoob Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    If I bought a new copy, do I have to pay the $10 fee as well? If so, what's the point of the code?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    OldNoob;4846798 said:
    If I bought a new copy, do I have to pay the $10 fee as well?
    Yes.
    OldNoob;4846798 said:
    If so, what's the point of the code?
    To only let people who purchased new copies export. The code only works once.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    Ummmm.... Yes! lol

    =)
  • SecsiDanSecsiDan Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    I've always been meaning to get Lego Rock Band and Green Day rock band but I just keep forgetting. Its totally worth it. Even if I don't like half of the songs I'm still getting it. Same goes with any Rock Band game to be honest because I love playing this franchise
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    I had the game for Wii, and I played it often.

    But when I got Xbox, I don't think I've played it once; I simply bought it for export, and I don't regret that decision. Check out the included songs, and if you like a few, I'd do it.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4848205 said:
    I had the game for Wii, and I played it often.

    But when I got Xbox, I don't think I've played it once; I simply bought it for export, and I don't regret that decision. Check out the included songs, and if you like a few, I'd do it.
    Shame, as it's much better on the 360 or PS3. The ability to play DLC makes the game soo much better.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2012
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    edited August 2012
    Yes, its worth it. And then you have a set of songs that others have (if they exported) in random play
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    Bront20;4848957 said:
    Shame, as it's much better on the 360 or PS3. The ability to play DLC makes the game soo much better.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4849050 said:
    Plus Achievements.

    I never thought of these things. I might actually play the game sometime. Too bad I don't have much DLC released before RB3 though, it won't make much difference for me.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4850684 said:
    I might actually play the game sometime.
    It's worth playing for a bit different experience. It actually contains some real music videos that you get into from time to time while playing the campaign, little set pieces created around a song. For example, your band trashes a hotel pool, running afoul of a security firm which uses a T-Rex for enforcement so you end up running from a dinosaur in the band's van while playing The Automatic's "Monster" :D. Its use of Lego-shaped jewels on the charts is annoying (IMO) and takes a bit of getting used to, but otherwise it's a lot of fun.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    mikeyts;4850698 said:
    It's worth playing for a bit different experience. It actually contains some real music videos that you get into from time to time while playing the campaign, little set pieces created around a song. For example, your band trashes a hotel pool, running afoul of a security firm which uses a T-Rex for enforcement so you end up running from a dinosaur in the band's van while playing The Automatic's "Monster" :D. Its use of Lego-shaped jewels on the charts is annoying (IMO) and takes a bit of getting used to.
    I've played it for Wii, so I'm pretty familiar with the gameplay. People were just trying to get me to try it on Xbox (because of the ability to play DLC and gain achievements), so I said I might.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited August 2012
    I bought it for a friend, and when we played it I was amazed all over again how fun it was. Just one random example: playing as the Lego version of Queen. I hadn't seen that feature in ages!
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2012
    TheStuddz;4850684 said:
    I never thought of these things. I might actually play the game sometime. Too bad I don't have much DLC released before RB3 though, it won't make much difference for me.

    RB1 and Green Day exports will work too. Well, some songs will.

    It might make for a fun week to play that instead.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2012
    Bront20;4851513 said:
    RB1 and Green Day exports will work too. Well, some songs will.

    It might make for a fun week to play that instead.

    I don't yet have the Green Day export. I haven't been able to find a copy of that game, and it makes me sad. I have almost every other export though.

    Well, other than Rock Band 2, but that's complicated..
  • vexx0820vexx0820 Unsigned
    edited September 2012
    Well, I picked up the Lego RB and imported them. Obviously its a matter of taste but I got at least 10 songs I enjoy (and I only paid 50 cents for the game off of Amazon). The import process worked cleanly for me once I figured out I had to submit the game code to the website for a working export code (ymmv).
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    With how cheaply you can get the game now, it's a pretty good steal for a batch of overall fun songs. "Summer of '69", "The Final Countdown", "Ghostbusters"....

    Not to mention it was (I think) the first time we got a Hendrix song.
Sign In or Register to comment.