Do you think there will be Blitz DLC?

FabtrocksFabtrocks Opening Act
edited June 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
There should be Blitz DLC when it comes out to expand on songs more suited for Blitz gameplay, it may confuse you if you don't really beilieve songs can be and have beeen catered to this game, for example, a song like Polly by Nirvana will be kind of boring in Blitz, its fine in Rockband though, but i'm sure Pumped Up Kicks is very fun.

Would love to hear what people think, with E3 around the corner hopefully the rest of the songs will be announced, and possibly a release date.

Comments

• FabtrocksFabtrocks Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4762035 said:
    There's 3,600 songs to take a stab at.

There are still artists that we don't have though, this is a good way to distribute the artists and songs we don't have yet, if Blitz makes a song more fun, people will recommend the song, not all songs from Rockband's DLC library are going to be fun, you have a good point though, 3,600 songs are a lot of songs, but the DLC was all focused with plastic instruments in mind, imagine how diverse the DLC can be for a main focus on Blitz.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762047 said:
    There are still artists that we don't have though, this is a good way to distribute the artists and songs we don't have yet, if Blitz makes a song more fun, people will recommend the song, not all songs from Rockband's DLC library are going to be fun, you have a good point though, 3,600 songs are a lot of songs, but the DLC was all focused with plastic instruments in mind, imagine how diverse the DLC can be for a main focus on Blitz.

That makes no sense.
    DLC that comes as regular rb dlc will be Blitz's dlc.
    Simple as that. and they won't make "blitz only" dlc.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762047 said:
    imagine how diverse the DLC can be for a main focus on Blitz.
    As opposed to now, where...?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Will wait till ive played the game... however i guess its a safe bet bands like Freezepop will be right at home when played on Blitz where as Journey will not be - journey are not good when played on any game ;)

I wonder how really simplistic efforts across all instruments like They Say by Scars on Broadway will come across on the game... all those powerups but no real challenge, a lot of the Nirvana tracks, Weezer generally and Lit all other examples.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Skode;4762060 said:
    Will wait till ive played the game... however i guess its a safe bet bands like Freezepop will be right at home when played on Blitz where as Journey will not be - journey are not good when played on any game ;)

I wonder how really simplistic efforts across all instruments like They Say by Scars on Broadway will come across on the game... all those powerups but no real challenge, a lot of the Nirvana tracks, Weezer generally and Lit all other examples.

Journey is not good on any game? Excuse me???????????????
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    There's no way in hell that Harmonix is going to release songs that are playable in Blitz but not in RB3. That's just crazy.

However, I would expect that once Rock Band Blitz is released, there will be a few places on the 'net, like right here, where people will congregate and compile lists of songs that are particularly well-suited to Blitz. I would also expect such lists to be fairly heavy on high-tier RBN stuff that a lot of people would've passed over for just RB3.
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4762050 said:
    That makes no sense.

I'm not talking about Blitz only DLC, but Blitz tailored DLC, playable in Rockband 3 for example.
    Skode;4762060 said:
    however i guess its a safe bet bands like Freezepop will be right at home when played on Blitz.
    Freezepop and bands as such would be great.
    As opposed to now, where...?
    Stuff like The Who may not be fun opposed to The Doors, I think The Doors would be fun in Blitz, but there are bands that we don't have that would be fun in Blitz.
    edited June 2012
    Numskull;4762256 said:
    There's no way in hell that Harmonix is going to release songs that are playable in Blitz but not in RB3. That's just crazy.

However, I would expect that once Rock Band Blitz is released, there will be a few places on the 'net, like right here, where people will congregate and compile lists of songs that are particularly well-suited to Blitz. I would also expect such lists to be fairly heavy on high-tier RBN stuff that a lot of people would've passed over for just RB3.

It would be crazy if there were Blitz only DLC, thats why I never mentioned RB Blitz only DLC, if people made lists that would be wonderful, I think a lot of New Wave would be fun in Blitz, so hopefully they release more New wave songs like J. Geils band.
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762302 said:
    but there are bands that we don't have that would be fun in Blitz.
    And there's bands we don't have that would be fun in Rock Band 3. That doesn't magically change what's possible or coming.

Some stuff on some parts is gonna be more fun or less fun in one of the games. What would 'more fun' be in Blitz? A ton of simple 'chords' to drive scores up and have ridiculous looking power-ups going? A song with a lot of movement? A song with plenty of back-and-forth so it's easier to focus on one track at a time? Oh no, it's almost like fun is subjective.
    edited June 2012
    Dangimarocker;4762050 said:
    That makes no sense.

I never said "blitz only", don't quote something that I never said.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2012
    When presented with this question at the PAX panel, they sort of seemed like they hadn't really thought about it, but if the game sells particularly well they said they could consider putting out songs that are specifically chosen with Blitz in mind.

That said, the tracklist for Blitz doesn't particularly seem dissimilar to any arbitrary cross-section of RB content (that is to say, the tracks we've seen so far haven't been anything that would be really surprising as RB DLC) so I don't know that there'd be much of a visible difference.
    edited June 2012
    LuigiHann;4762324 said:
    When presented with this question at the PAX panel, they sort of seemed like they hadn't really thought about it, but if the game sells particularly well they said they could consider putting out songs that are specifically chosen with Blitz in mind.

That said, the tracklist for Blitz doesn't particularly seem dissimilar to any arbitrary cross-section of RB content (that is to say, the tracks we've seen so far haven't been anything that would be really surprising as RB DLC) so I don't know that there'd be much of a visible difference.

The songs they chose aren't out of place either, when the game comes out and the DLC for that day donesnt fit with the game the new comers will more than likely look at the newest DLC, so if music they think is fit they will buy.
    edited June 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4762318 said:
    And there's bands we don't have that would be fun in Rock Band 3. That doesn't magically change what's possible or coming.

Some stuff on some parts is gonna be more fun or less fun in one of the games. What would 'more fun' be in Blitz? A ton of simple 'chords' to drive scores up and have ridiculous looking power-ups going? A song with a lot of movement? A song with plenty of back-and-forth so it's easier to focus on one track at a time? Oh no, it's almost like fun is subjective.

The fan base dies after a while when a game is releaseed, new comers and old fans are going to buy Blitz and buy DLC, Harmonix can put out artists that cost them quite some money, and at least Harmonix will make a decent profit, why do you think Harmonix had The Doors for DLC the first day the game came out?, and a few Doors songs were free, because people were going to say this is fun and buy the rest, if they released it later with no free DLC, i'm sure it wouldn't have sold as well as it did.

To me harder DLC is going to be fun, I had fun with Rockband Unplugged playing the harder songs, swithching between lanes makes it hectic so I think its fun, the song doesn't have to be that hard though, but if the song is slow, its not going to be that fun, i'm not going to only want to play on one track, I want to be challenged and feel like i'm not going to complete the song.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2012
    There are songs that have been out for years that aren't any fun to play in Rock Band 3, and if they released most of the Blitz soundtrack with the conscious decision of being "Blitz DLC" instead of on Blitz itself, we wouldn't notice.
    edited June 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4762354 said:
    There are songs that have been out for years that aren't any fun to play in Rock Band 3, and if they released most of the Blitz soundtrack with the conscious decision of being "Blitz DLC" instead of on Blitz itself, we wouldn't notice.

We would notice, as we would notice if it didn't feel right with Blitz, 25 songs isn't that much to new comers, will they buy older DLC?, of course, but i'm sure Harmonix still has ideas of what other artists/songs they could have added but didn't.
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762368 said:
    We would notice, as we would notice if it didn't feel right with Blitz
    So what? Did we say Harmonix was having a conscious shift of focus when Bruno Mars 01 came out?
    edited June 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4762369 said:
    So what? Did we say Harmonix was having a conscious shift of focus when Bruno Mars 01 came out?

Thats something called variety, like how there is Snoop Dog, The Who, Nirvana, Miley Cyrus, Sponge Bob, Joy Division, Roy Orbison etc. but the fact is variety is not what i'm discussing, would New Wave be good, sure, would grunge?, yes it would be, metal, hiphop, pop, punk, not all those genres have artists/songs that are going to feel right in this game though, so lets expand on it, you don't hear RB fans saying they should stop making DLC, do you?
    edited June 2012
    I have no idea what you're trying to say at this point.
    edited June 2012
    I'll make a list of songs and songs that shouldn't be in the game.
    edited June 2012
    Alright. Enjoy whatever you're trying to 'prove' to me when I say songs will be just as 'hit-and-miss' for Blitz as they have been for Rock Band for four years.

Now that I think about it, all you'll be doing is proving my point, so thanks for saving me the work of explaining things to someone who ended up saying, "No one is saying they should stop making DLC."
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Fab Trocks;4762377 said:
    not all those genres have artists/songs that are going to feel right in this game though,
    Such as...
    metal
    Iron Maiden
    pop
    P!nk
    pop, punk
    Blink-182
    edited June 2012
    Would be good.
    "Possum Kingdom" - Toadies
    "Why Bother?" - Weezer
    "Cars" - Gary Numan

Wouldn't be that fun or fun at all.
    "Santeria" - Sublime
    Mettalica
    ZZ Top
    edited June 2012
    Holy ****, your list actually makes less sense than the words that preceded it.
    edited June 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4762389 said:
    Iron Maiden

P!nk

Blink-182

The songs they picked fit though, i've listened to them numerous times, I listed a lot of generes why would I want them to avoid all those genres?, GNF thought he could prove something by mentioning Bruno Mars.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    ok, so tell me exactly. what do you think makes a song fun in Blitz that wouldn't be fun to do in RB3?
    edited June 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4762392 said:
    Holy ****, your list actually makes less sense than the words that preceded it.

I can imagine playing them in a game like RB Unplugged, beause i've played that game unlike Blitz, thats how I know if the songs would be fun, sorry we don't think a like, hence I make threads and see if people relate with me that there should be Blitz catered DLC, when Lego Rockband released they had Foo Fighters, Nirvana and Joan Jett, they should have had more kiddie stuff.
    edited June 2012
    jibjqrkl;4762404 said:
    ok, so tell me exactly. what do you think makes a song fun in Blitz that wouldn't be fun to do in RB3?

They're obviously different, Blitz doesn't have plastic instruments, and it has power-ups, songs aren't going to feel the same, in both games, should have just made this when the game came out.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762410 said:
    should have just made this when the game came out.

I don't think this thread is failing because of the timing - it has more to do with the fact that, despite listing some artists, you haven't really defined what kind of DLC you're talking about. Fast-paced with a lot of notes, which would equal hectic Blitz gameplay? It's tough to follow your point.

That being said, it's even tougher to argue whatever the point is, because (as GNF pointed out) there are 3,600 songs that cover a wide variety of styles; which will then translate to a variety of Blitz gameplay experiences.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited June 2012
    Fabtrocks;4762410 said:
    They're obviously different, Blitz doesn't have plastic instruments, and it has power-ups, songs aren't going to feel the same, in both games, should have just made this when the game came out.

you didnt answer my question.
    what things in a song would be fun to play in 1 game but not in the other?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    jibjqrkl;4762553 said:
    you didnt answer my question.
    what things in a song would be fun to play in 1 game but not in the other?

Just from seeing gameplay videos slower songs with a lot of empty space would make for a less enjoyable experience.

As for harmonix making blitz focused dlc doesnt make much sense as youve got PLENTY to choose from in the library