For those worried about recent zombie attacks...

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Don't worry about face biting maniacs (as in Florida) or brain eating roommates. (As in Maryland)

Most likely you'll be eaten by swarms of marauding spiders first, so rest easy.

The end is f****** nigh.

Comments

• dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
    2012 guys. Zombies, spiders, Kony, and Sony. The Mayans predicted this.

YOLO, guys.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2012
    It's funny. All these comments on line about the 'zombie' (bath salt) attacks, and people are going yeah! I've been waiting for this, blah blah.

Let me explain something to everyone (and no I don't believe in zombie outbreaks despite being a fan of the film genre).

If you are online. If have ever played a video game, posted in a forum, read comic books, have iphones, think fast food is a food group...if a zombie outbreak happens....you're dead.

I don't care how much you've read about it and think you're ready. Everyone of us nerds? Dead.

The people that would possibly survive something like this are the doo whackadoo survival nuts that live in the woods, eat tree bark cause it's fun, and have more firearms and knives than common sense.

They'll be the ones left after all this is over if anyone is left (Barring a 'real' zombie outbreak).

So everyone online saying whohoo zombies! I'll probably be eating you first ;)
    edited June 2012
    My friends dad has a **** load of guns in his house.
  • edited June 2012
    But... I'll just get all Michonne on their asses. By which I mean I will go crazy and start talking to my self.
    edited June 2012
    Judging by this zombie survival map, I have a good chance of escaping. I live on the southern part of LI, so I could just go to Fire Island where there are limited to no zombies.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    All of these attacks really don't surprise me.
    And do the attackers appear dead? I think not.
    Easily just another case of taking drugs and going crazy.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    This is only the beginning, we still got another 6 months until we actually hit the deadline
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it's just people taking the new bath salt drug that apparently turns you into a feral cannibal.

Zombies, nope. But still...why would you take a drug that makes you bat**** and most likely end up dead?
    edited June 2012
    JBlack240;4763376 said:
    This is only the beginning, we still got another 6 months until we actually hit the deadline :P

Did no one else see this?
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0511/Oldest-Mayan-calendar-found-and-it-goes-way-beyond-Dec.-12-2012-video
  • edited June 2012
    dragoninforcer;4763370 said:
    Judging by this zombie survival map, I have a good chance of escaping. I live on the southern part of LI, so I could just go to Fire Island where there are limited to no zombies.

Sounds like fun :D
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4763377 said:
    Yeah it's just people taking the new bath salt drug that apparently turns you into a feral cannibal.

Zombies, nope. But still...why would you take a drug that makes you bat**** and most likely end up dead?

Only in America.......
    LOL
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    In a zombie outbreak the "nerd" will die?

1. Everyone is going to die from zombies eventually even the nuts.
    2. In a situation like a zombie outbreak its actually likely that the survival nuts die pretty quickly because they have no tie to the outside world and if the outbreak were to start near them they wouldnt know what hit them until they were dead. And if it didnt start near them and they hear about it they would be the psychopaths from Dead Rising killing each other off because they now think everyone is a zombie.
    3. A plan and a good head on your shoulders are two of the most important things in natural disasters (including a zombie outbreak). So us "nerds" would actually have the best chance because we have thought about this and have some sort of plan.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    They really should do a month long drill somewhere in a fixed location.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4763362 said:
    It's funny. All these comments on line about the 'zombie' (bath salt) attacks, and people are going yeah! I've been waiting for this, blah blah.

Let me explain something to everyone (and no I don't believe in zombie outbreaks despite being a fan of the film genre).

If you are online. If have ever played a video game, posted in a forum, read comic books, have iphones, think fast food is a food group...if a zombie outbreak happens....you're dead.

I don't care how much you've read about it and think you're ready. Everyone of us nerds? Dead.

The people that would possibly survive something like this are the doo whackadoo survival nuts that live in the woods, eat tree bark cause it's fun, and have more firearms and knives than common sense.

They'll be the ones left after all this is over if anyone is left (Barring a 'real' zombie outbreak).

So everyone online saying whohoo zombies! I'll probably be eating you first ;)

I own 12 guns and live in the country. Is that wacko enough?
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4763394 said:
    I own 12 guns and live in the country. Is that wacko enough?

Only if some of them are integrally silenced and you keep subsonic ammo.
    edited June 2012
    No, like KISS, I love it loud. :p
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4763386 said:

2. In a situation like a zombie outbreak its actually likely that the survival nuts die pretty quickly because they have no tie to the outside world and if the outbreak were to start near them they wouldnt know what hit them until they were dead. And if it didnt start near them and they hear about it they would be the psychopaths from Dead Rising killing each other off because they now think everyone is a zombie.
    3. A plan and a good head on your shoulders are two of the most important things in natural disasters (including a zombie outbreak). So us "nerds" would actually have the best chance because we have thought about this and have some sort of plan.

Plans and brains don't equal survival skills.

I can tell you all about shooting a zombie in the brain but I can't shoot straight.

I know all about keeping away from populated areas and packing food but am I in shape enough to escape and carry 100lbs of food and ammo on my back while trying to get away?

Knowing how to, and being able to do something are two vastly different things.
    edited June 2012
    I want to go to space I want to go to space, because the zombies will eat me.. if i don't :\
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4763386 said:

Incorrect

The actual occurence of a 'zombie' outbreak will more likely be a virus or infection outbreak. The infection causes the victim to seek human flesh because the virus can't be spread through the air, so only upon contact will they be able to jump to another victim

Epidemics are slow, and naturally die out if they are unable to find a new host before their current one rots away. And as it is with any other epidemic, some people will be immune to the disease, thanks to their unique genetic makeup

So while mostly loners and survivors out in the woods away from civilization will become most of the remaining survivors, there will also be some that are immune to the disease and didn't sustain enough injuries to die, or just come out lucky from avoiding the zombies in a populated area

So no, not everybody would die 'eventually' from a zombie outbreak, vague as that may be
    edited June 2012
    That makes a lot of assumptions. In Romero's universe, all dead reanimate, regardless of exposure to other zombies or mechanism of death. Get bit, become a zombie. Fall off a building, become a zombie. Shot in the chest, become a zombie.

In that scenario you have a never ending supply of the undead that grow in number every minute.