E3 2012

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk

Comments

• DrifterUKDrifterUK Awesome Lake Ninja
    edited June 2012
    From MSs conference, Resi 6 looked promising, Splinter Cell Blacklist looks quite good and Im intrigued by the new Gears of War

Everything else ranged from terrible to meh, though mostly terrible
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Where the **** was Assassin's Creed 3?
    edited June 2012
    JBlack240;4764704 said:
    Where the **** was Assassin's Creed 3?

Id imagine thatll be in Ubisofts conference
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2012
    Splinter Cell did look cool. And maybe the South Park RPG. The rest...

The 360 is getting a browser. Welcome to 1991.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Hey if Youtube in HD works flawlessly with the browser I'm excited.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    I thought Halo 4 looked fantastic, Tomb Raider is probably my Game of the Show, and Forza Horizon looks awesome. The new gears will probably be awesome, and I would love to actually see gameplay for the South Park game.

Y'all are too jaded, seriously, lol.
    edited June 2012
    I just can't get excited over stuff like ESPN. Whoopty Doo. You've achieved basic cable.
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4764746 said:
    I just can't get excited over stuff like ESPN. Whoopty Doo. You've achieved basic cable.

People like me who don't have cable and just pay for badass internet really appreciate those things, lol.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Splinter Cell

DC3 - I preferred it when HMX demonstrated it themselves.

Xbox Music
    Browser
    edited June 2012
    Did anyone else think Xbox Music sounded almost exactly like Last.fm?
    Cubecubed;4764730 said:
    I thought Halo 4 looked fantastic, Tomb Raider is probably my Game of the Show, and Forza Horizon looks awesome. The new gears will probably be awesome, and I would love to actually see gameplay for the South Park game.

Y'all are too jaded, seriously, lol.

Ive never liked the Halo games, theyve always struck me as being too arcadey and generic. Forza (and pretty much any driving game) just dont interest me like they used to. Im probably not giving Tomb Raider enough of a chance, but I havent seem anything from it to get me excited so far

As for South Park, I dont really like the show all that much, so I seriously doubt Ill like the game. It did look like theyve done a good job recreating the shows feel in it though
  • edited June 2012
    So... what's the difference between Xbox Music and Zune? They even had the same orange and pink color scheme.
    edited June 2012
    DrifterUK;4764767 said:
    Did anyone else think Xbox Music sounded almost exactly like Last.fm?

Ive never liked the Halo games, theyve always struck me as being too arcadey and generic. Forza (and pretty much any driving game) just dont interest me like they used to. Im probably not giving Tomb Raider enough of a chance, but I havent seem anything from it to get me excited so far

As for South Park, I dont really like the show all that much, so I seriously doubt Ill like the game. It did look like theyve done a good job recreating the shows feel in it though

if Halo seems Generic, its only because every console shooter has been copying Halo:CE's control scheme for the last 11 years. The Games actually have a very good narrative to them, but the games don't do the best job of telling it. Halo 4 already looks better at doing that, even with how little I've seen of it.

Also my game of the show thing is totally up in the air. Honestly it all depends on how awesome Assassin's Creed III looks.

Also, Smart glass looked pretty cool, and I'm interested to see how developers use it. I'm glad they didn't make it just Windows phones, too. I'm glad they realize that most people own iOS or Android devices.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Cubecubed;4764774 said:
    if Halo seems Generic, its only because every console shooter has been copying Halo:CE's control scheme for the last 11 years.

This is the reason why I hate the shooter genre now... why can't they all be copies of Perfect Dark

I dislike some minor things that make Halo series lame to me... I don't like how they can jump so high and how a melee with a gun can kill while it takes many bullets...

but to be fair the only modern FPS I enjoy is Team Fortress 2
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4764769 said:
    So... what's the difference between Xbox Music and Zune? They even had the same orange and pink color scheme.

They want to branch out the xbox brand to every device possible, consider the brand "Zune" as dead.
    edited June 2012
    firedoom666;4764787 said:
    This is the reason why I hate the shooter genre now... why can't they all be copies of Perfect Dark

I couldn't even play Perfect Dark now. The Controls are so ridiculously clunky feeling. Can't believe I used to make do with that, lol. Same goes for Goldeneye.

The reason that they can jump so High and kill people with melee so easily is because they are genetically engineered super soldiers, a fact that the game does an admittedly ****ty job of telling you.
    edited June 2012
    BO looks like complete crap.

They're bragging about the detail. What detail? Every scope or optic just makes your targets glowing blobs. Even the jet did it. Friendlies are orange blobs and enemies are blue. It's Atari 2600 graphics.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    My impressions, Halo 4 looked fantastic. It completely outdid my expectations and I think it's safe to say Halo is back. Tomb Raider looked great as well. Being someone who doesn't own a PS3, it's nice to finally get Uncharted on the Xbox as well ;). Splinter Cell looked good as always. It reminded me of a modern Assassin's Creed which is not a bad thing at all. Everything else, including Black Ops (which just looked boring) and Gears of War (I was never a big fan of the franchise) looked forgettable.

And can someone clarify what SmartGlass is? It looked like the Wii U controller's capabilities, only for the 360. If it is basically what I think it is, it may actually be a pretty big deal and end up being the biggest announcement of the show since it would essentially make the Wii U irrelevant.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Cubecubed;4764794 said:
    I couldn't even play Perfect Dark now. The Controls are so ridiculously clunky feeling. Can't believe I used to make do with that, lol. Same goes for Goldeneye.

The reason that they can jump so High and kill people with melee so easily is because they are genetically engineered super soldiers, a fact that the game does an admittedly ****ty job of telling you.

I know the game explains why they can do it... but I just don't like it..

and the main thing with the melee is the fact they it can kill faster than a gun... if hitting you once with a gun can kill you... getting shot should do the same...
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2012
    There's no way for me to share my feelings on the Xbox conference without sounding like comic-book guy.
    edited June 2012
    MostSpartan14;4764797 said:

And can someone clarify what SmartGlass is? It looked like the Wii U controller's capabilities, only for the 360. If it is basically what I think it is, it may actually be a pretty big deal and end up being the biggest announcement of the show since it would essentially make the Wii U irrelevant.
    Yep. That's it. Regardless of how useful it is it will steal Nintendo's thunder. Of course Sony already did that last year when they announced the Vita can already do all that with the PS3. Nintendo better show something pretty damn special tomorrow.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4764795 said:
    BO looks like complete crap.

They're bragging about the detail. What detail? Every scope or optic just makes your targets glowing blobs. Even the jet did it. Friendlies are orange blobs and enemies are blue. It's Atari 2600 graphics.

Moded Controllers have ruined all war games.. on MW3 now and a guy dropped so fast (part of a mod)
    that there's no way he could die more than 3 times.
    It's ridiculous, makes these games unfun when a kid who sucks has to go out and buy a $300 cheat controller.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2012
    Halo 4 > Yawn > Dance Central 3 > Yawn.
    edited June 2012
    bigmf;4764804 said:
    There's no way for me to share my feelings on the Xbox conference without sounding like comic-book guy.

:p

Look at it this way. Our pessimism compensates for the medias enthusiasm. I would love for once to see a interviewer tell a developer their idea is stupid instead of fawning all over them.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4764808 said:
    Yep. That's it. Regardless of how useful it is it will steal Nintendo's thunder. Of course Sony already did that last year when they announced the Vita can already do all that with the PS3. Nintendo better show something pretty damn special tomorrow.

Well, in that case I'm intrigued by the possibilities of SmartGlass.

It's worth mentioning that this is probably gonna be an off-year for Sony and Microsoft. It's too early for them to have big next-gen console announcements but so late in the cycle that we probably won't see any big new IP's (other than The Last of Us). I know it's really early to think about but I'm thrilled about the possibilities for E3 2013.

Edit: I completely forgot about Resident Evil 6. It looked so over the top and ridiculous. I pretty much lost all interest in it after seeing that demo. It just looked silly. Goodbye, RE.
    edited June 2012
    firedoom666;4764800 said:
    I know the game explains why they can do it... but I just don't like it..

and the main thing with the melee is the fact they it can kill faster than a gun... if hitting you once with a gun can kill you... getting shot should do the same...
    it takes three melees to the front to kill someone in Halo, provided they have a full shield. One if you hit them from behind.

Honestly, I thought Harmonix had the lamest section of MS's conference , as much as a it pains me to say it. Needed like 3000% less Usher there.

and yes, RE6 looked horrible.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2012
    ~~Tomb Raider was a re-paste from Friday, but still pumped for it
    ~~Forza Horizon is open-world and that makes me very happy
    ~~Halo 4 looks like a Halo game
    ~~NBA League Pass on 360 is exceptionally convenient for me, yesssssssssssss
    ~~Didn't see South Park but apparently a lot of love has been put into it
    ~~Kinect controls for Madden and FIFA is just awful. Just awful
    ~~Fable: The Journey, hahahaha

I couldn't care less about everything else
    edited June 2012
    MostSpartan14;4764817 said:
    Well, in that case I'm intrigued by the possibilities of SmartGlass.

It's worth mentioning that this is probably gonna be an off-year for Sony and Microsoft. It's too early for them to have big next-gen console announcements but so late in the cycle that we probably won't see any big new IP's (other than The Last of Us). I know it's really early to think about but I'm thrilled about the possibilities for E3 2013.

Edit: I completely forgot about Resident Evil 6. It looked so over the top and ridiculous. I pretty much lost all interest in it after seeing that demo. It just looked silly. Goodbye, RE.

Sony has The Last of Us, a new Ratchet game (but download only), Sly 4 (I am super pumped on this one), Vita stuff including hopefully a lot of Ps3-Vita integration and I suspect something from Sucker-Punch (Infamous 2?). It can't be worse than the XBox conference.
    edited June 2012
    I dunno, for me, that depends on how much they focus on the Vita, because I literally couldn't care less about that thing. I'm pretty interested in some of the PS3 stuff, though, especially The last of Us.
    edited June 2012
    Well, I love my Vita. It gets a lot more use than my 360. So i'm pretty pumped about the possibilities. I left out a few other things up there:
    ◦PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale - I don't much do fighting games.
    ◦Unfinished Swan I have no idea what this is.
    ◦LittleBigPlanet Karting - Meh
    ◦Dust 514 - Not my thing but looks great.
    and a new God of War game I know nothing about.
    edited June 2012
    I dunno I haven't really enjoyed a portable system since my Game Boy Color, so it's probably just me.