PSN Plus members

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited September 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Sony has gone nuts. They've added full versions of the following games for free:

Virtua Fighter 5
inFAMOUS 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Just Cause 2
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Hard Corp: Uprising
Choplifter HD
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Sideway NY

Not to sound like a spam bot but this is a great deal for only $18 for 3 months. Plus all the other crap you get.

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2012
    I bought a 3 month subscription, and with my internet connection that should be enough time to DL one of those games.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4766622 said:
    I bought a 3 month subscription, and with my internet connection that should be enough time to DL one of those games.

Of the retail games, VF5 FS is just under 2GB, and LBP2 is only about 3GB.

If you're trying to avoid the download time (and hard drive) land mines, InFamous 2 is 15GB and Ratchet and Clank All-4-One is 14GB.
    edited June 2012
    I just set it up for DL'ing overnight, Thanks though. :)
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2012
    Do you get to keep the free games after + runs out?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    crash13;4766669 said:
    Do you get to keep the free games after + runs out?

No. In order to keep the games you have to keep PS+
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4766674 said:

Oh, I might do this, but that would have made it 100x better.
    edited June 2012
    You can have PSN+ lapse, then get it back and instantly regain access to all of your old free content.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4766609 said:
    Sony has gone nuts. They've added full versions of the following games for free:

Virtua Fighter 5
    inFAMOUS 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    Just Cause 2
    Saints Row 2
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Hard Corp: Uprising
    Choplifter HD
    Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
    Sideway NY

Not to sound like a spam bot but this is a great deal for only $18 for 3 months. Plus all the other crap you get.
    Have everything from that list bought on my ps3 except maybe 3 or 4 of those. and the stuff not bought is stuff i won't buy or grab even if its free :P
    edited June 2012
    Of them, I already purchased InFamous 2, LBP 2, and Sideway... I have Virtua Fighter 5, but not Final Showdown (which just came out on PS3).
  • edited June 2012
    I don't own any of the games on that list, but am interested in several, most notably VF5 and Infamous 2.

Might have to pick up a year's subscription now.
  • edited June 2012
    SON OF A *****!!!!!! I just got an email from Sony saying that I renewed my subscription. It must have auto renewed.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4767053 said:
    SON OF A *****!!!!!! I just got an email from Sony saying that I renewed my subscription. It must have auto renewed.

I told the guys at Sony you've been two-timing them with Xbox so I'm thinking payback. They are also signing you up for fruit of the month club, bi-weekly vitamin shipments, and lawdog's blog site "Musings From The Couch on The Porch".

I have also notified the members of Skid Row about you constantly trying to keep them down as well so be on the lookout for a special "care package" from them.
  • edited June 2012
    Jokes on Sony. I've been a member of Musings From the Pouch on the Porch for years now.
    edited June 2012
    The porch couch is the comfiest, yet smelliest, seating around.

(And I noticed right when I signed up it said something about an autorenewal unless you turn it off. :p)
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4767076 said:
    The porch couch is the comfiest, yet smelliest, seating around.

(And I noticed right when I signed up it said something about an autorenewal unless you turn it off. :p)

I didn't notice it and they didn't send me any email letting me know that my plus was up. At least when M$ screws you they give you notice two weeks before.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4767081 said:
    I didn't notice it and they didn't send me any email letting me know that my plus was up. At least when M$ screws you they give you notice two weeks before.

Maybe it's new but when I bought a 3 month yesterday there was a pop up in the middle of the screen that mentioned it. You're stuck now. Might as well play the games you don't have. Maybe they'll have a discount for RBB too, they do for a lot of new games with plus members.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4766622 said:

What happens after you exit PSN+, do you get to keep your freebies?
  • edited June 2012
    folkeye;4767117 said:
    What happens after you exit PSN+, do you get to keep your freebies?

Nope. You only get to keep the things you pay for.
    edited June 2012
    You get to keep them, you just can't play them until you renew. :p
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Just noticed it was Little Big Planet 2, not 1. Definitely grabbing that.
    I loved the first one.
    Might have to renew another year now just to continue playing that past october LOL.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4766674 said:

Yup. PS+ is a SCAM. Sure you get free stuff -- as long as you always keep paying for it.
  • edited June 2012
    I dont regret the tiny fee for PS+, it has more than enough perks to warrant the cost.

.14 a day feeds a starving Sony Employee. ;)

I have two 1 months trials to give away, just trying to decide how to do it.
    edited June 2012
    I had been considering buying Just Cause 2 for $20 at Walmart anyway. For the most part I don't keep my games when I'm done with them. This gave me that game and a bunch of others for only $17 so I think it was a good deal. Plus I can cloud save now and they offer discounts when you buy stuff.

Plus I got my cool new "Business Dog" avatar. :p
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4769456 said:
    I had been considering buying Just Cause 2 for $20 at Walmart anyway. For the most part I don't keep my games when I'm done with them. This gave me that game and a bunch of others for only $17 so I think it was a good deal. Plus I can cloud save now and they offer discounts when you buy stuff.

Plus I got my cool new "Business Dog" avatar. :p
    Nice!
    edited June 2012
    Speaking of bundled savings, are you getting the premium pack for BF3, Doc? I think I will but in a few weeks, I'm tight on cash at the moment. It breaks down to basically all the DLC for around $12 plus some exclusive camo and a new knife.
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4769523 said:
    Speaking of bundled savings, are you getting the premium pack for BF3, Doc? I think I will but in a few weeks, I'm tight on cash at the moment. It breaks down to basically all the DLC for around $12 plus some exclusive camo and a new knife.
    You had me at Knife.

August 1st its back on in a big way squad mate.

Makes me glad I did not buy any of the DLC yet.
    edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4769042 said:
    Yup. PS+ is a SCAM. Sure you get free stuff -- as long as you always keep paying for it.

For the quantity of free stuff you get, it more than outweighs its cost.
  • edited June 2012
    killer_roach;4769551 said:
    For the quantity of free stuff you get, it more than outweighs its cost.
    Please do not point sunshine at the official forum rain cloud...

;)
    edited June 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4769534 said:
    You had me at Knife.

August 1st its back on in a big way squad mate.

Makes me glad I did not buy any of the DLC yet.

Here's a link with the info. Even already owning Karkland it's still worth it.
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah and since Karkland was free. Was not even counting it.

It was a huge part of the EA booth at E3. I was a little surprised to see an add on get that kind of attention.