PSN Plus members

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited September 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Sony has gone nuts. They've added full versions of the following games for free:

Virtua Fighter 5
inFAMOUS 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Just Cause 2
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Hard Corp: Uprising
Choplifter HD
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Sideway NY

Not to sound like a spam bot but this is a great deal for only $18 for 3 months. Plus all the other crap you get.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Jokes on Sony. I've been a member of Musings From the Pouch on the Porch for years now.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited June 2012
    The porch couch is the comfiest, yet smelliest, seating around.

(And I noticed right when I signed up it said something about an autorenewal unless you turn it off. :p)
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4767076 said:
    The porch couch is the comfiest, yet smelliest, seating around.

(And I noticed right when I signed up it said something about an autorenewal unless you turn it off. :p)

I didn't notice it and they didn't send me any email letting me know that my plus was up. At least when M$ screws you they give you notice two weeks before.
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4767081 said:
    I didn't notice it and they didn't send me any email letting me know that my plus was up. At least when M$ screws you they give you notice two weeks before.

Maybe it's new but when I bought a 3 month yesterday there was a pop up in the middle of the screen that mentioned it. You're stuck now. Might as well play the games you don't have. Maybe they'll have a discount for RBB too, they do for a lot of new games with plus members.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4766622 said:
    I bought a 3 month subscription, and with my internet connection that should be enough time to DL one of those games.

What happens after you exit PSN+, do you get to keep your freebies?
  • edited June 2012
    folkeye;4767117 said:
    What happens after you exit PSN+, do you get to keep your freebies?

Nope. You only get to keep the things you pay for.
    edited June 2012
    You get to keep them, you just can't play them until you renew. :p
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012
    Just noticed it was Little Big Planet 2, not 1. Definitely grabbing that.
    I loved the first one.
    Might have to renew another year now just to continue playing that past october LOL.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4766674 said:
    No. In order to keep the games you have to keep PS+

Yup. PS+ is a SCAM. Sure you get free stuff -- as long as you always keep paying for it.
  • edited June 2012
    I dont regret the tiny fee for PS+, it has more than enough perks to warrant the cost.

.14 a day feeds a starving Sony Employee. ;)

I have two 1 months trials to give away, just trying to decide how to do it.
    edited June 2012
    I had been considering buying Just Cause 2 for $20 at Walmart anyway. For the most part I don't keep my games when I'm done with them. This gave me that game and a bunch of others for only $17 so I think it was a good deal. Plus I can cloud save now and they offer discounts when you buy stuff.

Plus I got my cool new "Business Dog" avatar. :p
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4769456 said:
    I had been considering buying Just Cause 2 for $20 at Walmart anyway. For the most part I don't keep my games when I'm done with them. This gave me that game and a bunch of others for only $17 so I think it was a good deal. Plus I can cloud save now and they offer discounts when you buy stuff.

Plus I got my cool new "Business Dog" avatar. :p
    Nice!
    edited June 2012
    Speaking of bundled savings, are you getting the premium pack for BF3, Doc? I think I will but in a few weeks, I'm tight on cash at the moment. It breaks down to basically all the DLC for around $12 plus some exclusive camo and a new knife.
  • edited June 2012
    Lawdog1521;4769523 said:
    Speaking of bundled savings, are you getting the premium pack for BF3, Doc? I think I will but in a few weeks, I'm tight on cash at the moment. It breaks down to basically all the DLC for around $12 plus some exclusive camo and a new knife.
    You had me at Knife.

August 1st its back on in a big way squad mate.

Makes me glad I did not buy any of the DLC yet.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4769042 said:
    Yup. PS+ is a SCAM. Sure you get free stuff -- as long as you always keep paying for it.

For the quantity of free stuff you get, it more than outweighs its cost.
  • edited June 2012
    killer_roach;4769551 said:
    Please do not point sunshine at the official forum rain cloud...

;)
    edited June 2012
    Doc_SoCal;4769534 said:
    You had me at Knife.

August 1st its back on in a big way squad mate.

Makes me glad I did not buy any of the DLC yet.

Here's a link with the info. Even already owning Karkland it's still worth it.
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah and since Karkland was free. Was not even counting it.

It was a huge part of the EA booth at E3. I was a little surprised to see an add on get that kind of attention.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2012

Well that depends.
    Some of the free stuff isn't very good (The sega classics for example that were free IMO were not even worth downloading for free)
    But there has been quite a few good freebies in the last year... I just like the sale prices we get. It's sometimes half off the store price. :)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012

It's still a worrying trend. We're not far from the model where any time you ever want to play any of your games, you'll be paying.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited June 2012
    I was just about to get PS+ before this deal rolled around. Only have VF5 from the deal right now (bandwidth worries me a bit, especially regarding inFamous 2).
    edited June 2012
    Lowlander2;4771312 said:
    I was just about to get PS+ before this deal rolled around. Only have VF5 from the deal right now (bandwidth worries me a bit, especially regarding inFamous 2).

I will say I'm glad I put a 500GB hard drive in my PS3, although after this deal it's starting to feel a little small.
  • edited June 2012
    Been downloading like its free! ;)

Choplifter HD is a great revisit of a classic game.

Zombie Apocolypse is fun with the cheeky dialog even if the game play is nothing new.

Installing Warhammer now just to check it out.

That is a big stack of free games.
    edited June 2012
    A few more popped up near as I can tell, including Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD. If you have PS+, get Stranger's Wrath. I demand it!
    edited June 2012
    Lowlander2;4774691 said:
    A few more popped up near as I can tell, including Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD. If you have PS+, get Stranger's Wrath. I demand it!

Not that I'm seeing...
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, guess there are some regional differences. I just hopped on my American PSN account, and you're right: Stranger's Wrath receives no such discount. But it definitely does in the European region, because I'm downloading it right now.

However, you guys get R&C: A41 for free instead! Not much of a consolation prize, really.
    edited June 2012
    We don't get MotorStorm Apocalypse for free either... just as well, since I bought it and InFamous 2 just before this promotion.

EDIT: Also have Stranger's Wrath for PC already.
  • edited June 2012
    They've said a lot of games will cycle in and out every month or so, so my guess is all regions will mostly get the same stuff, though not necessarily in the same order.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    edited June 2012
    LawDog tell your evil SPAM overlords that you have gotten another sucker to sign-up for PSN+. Please enjoy your $.12 commission on the referral.

On a side note, does anyone else think the voice acting and script in Just Cause 2 is bordering on horrendous? That Swedish guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn about half the time.

That grappling hook and automatically jumping a nearby vehicle when all I wanted to do was melee someone is a little wonky too. I do enjoy being rewarded for randomly blowing things up for a change as I usually just do it for free.
    edited June 2012
    daxx1970;4774811 said:
    LawDog tell your evil SPAM overlords that you have gotten another sucker to sign-up for PSN+. Please enjoy your $.12 commission on the referral.

On a side note, does anyone else think the voice acting and script in Just Cause 2 is bordering on horrendous? That Swedish guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn about half the time.

That grappling hook and automatically jumping a nearby vehicle when all I wanted to do was melee someone is a little wonky too. I do enjoy being rewarded for randomly blowing things up for a change as I usually just do it for free.
    The voice acting and script are terrible. :p And the controls can be wonky... as well as some bad mission design. But the island is so damn huge and there's so much to blow up, the mindless destruction make s it worth while.