E-3 News?????

RONIN1RONIN1 Unsigned
edited June 2012 in Rock Band Blitz
Anyone at E-3? have you been to the harmonix booth? did you go to the party? any planned announcements? any info at all?

Comments

• LeodwyldLeodwyld Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Well, we watched to see their new Dance Central game announcement *ahem*
  • RONIN1RONIN1 Unsigned
    edited June 2012
    right forum for the right questions. i do own both dance centrals and will get the new one. but they also have a new title called blitz. oh wait...... sarcasm activate%^*%^&*
    edited June 2012
    I obviously don't want to outright make accusations. Also, if the announcement of a certain song from a certain recently debuted Australian band was announced to be on Blitz, it might hurt the DLC sales of a lesser-known (wanted) song from that band. Hypothetically.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    What was it, two (three?) years ago that Harmonix posted that video from the E3 pre-show where they announced "Don't Stop Believing" in the most epic "leak" ever?

sigh. Good times.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    ^No that was SXSS
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    I thought sony was showing blitz today? has it not happend yet?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    It is only 11 am in LA right now.
    edited June 2012
    so is it suppossed to be during sony's show? or just like a side show thing?
    you watching at ign or?
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I sadly feel like if this game were a band we would have the original 60+ year old drummer, bassist, and keyboardist, but the original lead guitarist/vocalist has been replaced by a 34 year old tribute band singer trying to dress like its the 70's to fit in.

Yeah, it's still Rock Band, and it's still out there. But it's nowhere near as relevant as it once was. The whole "plastic instrument" genre has pretty much run its course. All the new games focus on using real guitars now. It's the evolution of the genre. Had RB3 had the capability to use any real guitar then things might have been different.

Then again, just like the hypothetical band I mentioned above, there is always the chance that the band the original singer will kiss and make up, and we'll get something truly exciting to look forward to!

And of course, I will buy Blitz and Dance Central on day one! My gf loves DC and I love anything RB related!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2012
    No news is good news????

Maybe not in this case. Still, it looks like a late aug or sept release, which is fine with me. I will be buying this... heck, I will have over 1000 songs to play on it. So, it will be worth it to me.

Dance Central? Might be fun, but I don't plan on getting the Kinect any time soon, if at all. I doubt there will be anything released with kinect that I just have to play, so I will not worry about it until the NextBox is released, which I am sure will have it integrated, in 2013/14.
    edited June 2012
    These days, Rock Band 3 is the only console game I play with any notable degree of frequency. I am, however, very much looking forward to Blitz. Dance Central looks fun enough, but I don't have Kinect yet.
    edited June 2012
    apparently the sony press conference was already shown
    so did that mean blitz wasnt there?
    edited June 2012
    Wasn't Sony's conference the same day as Microsoft's (i.e. Monday)? In any case, there was nothing about Blitz and, as I said earlier, I believe they confirmed there will be nothing about it at E3.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    blitz was not said to be at the press conference if I remember correctly Sony has a stream of stuff on the show floor today and Rock Band Blitz was on their list to show
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2012
    GraphicMang;4767130 said:
    apparently the sony press conference was already shown
    so did that mean blitz wasnt there?

As firedoom666 said, Blitz was listed as part of their E3 coverage stream, which is not the same as Sony's press conference.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/06/playstation-e3-live-broadcast-day-2-starts-soon/
    Today’s Schedule (Pacific Time):
    PLEASE NOTE: Schedule is subject to change.

Meredith Molinari with The Last of Us voice actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson – 10:00am -10:30pm
    Injustice: Gods Among Us – 10:30am – 11:00am
    Devil May Cry – 11:00am – 11:30am
    Persona 4 Golden & Persona 4 Arena- 11:30am -12:00pm
    Counterstrike: Global Offensive – 12:00pm – 12:30pm
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 12:30pm – 1:00pm
    Portal 2 in Motion – 1:00pm -1:30pm
    Rock Band Blitz – 1:30pm – 2:00pm
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – 2:00pm – 2:30pm
    Jack Buser Interview – 2:30pm – 3:00pm
    Hitman: Absolution – 3:00pm – 3:30pm
    Disney’s Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 4:00pm – 4:30pm
    Quantum Conundrum – 5:00pm – 5:30pm
    PULSE LIVE: Day 2 Highlights – 5:30pm – 6:00pm

Don’t fret if you miss any of these sessions live – we’ll be archiving them all on the PlayStation YouTube page. Video games!
    edited June 2012
    That would be 4:30 to 5:00 Eastern. I guess we will see in a couple hours what happens.
  • edited June 2012
    I doubt it's any new info.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited June 2012
    even without any new news surely there is someone on here attending E3? Even some impressions would be nice, how much has it changed? what are the new power-ups like? that sort of thing.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited June 2012
    I just want to see more gameplay footage... I have been watching the same trailers over and over again... I want to see new stuff :)
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4767148 said:
    I doubt it's any new info.

I doubt it as well; hopefully no one is expecting any. These sessions are generally about showing gameplay and they usually have a dev talking about the game in general terms for people who currently have no idea what Blitz is.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited June 2012
    Maybe during the stream someone will 'accidentally' scroll through the entire setlist.

Nah, that never happens.
    edited June 2012
    lol thats what i was thinking as well hah
    edited June 2012
    just have to sit through these:
    Counterstrike: Global Offensive – 12:00pm – 12:30pm
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 12:30pm – 1:00pm
    Portal 2 in Motion – 1:00pm -1:30pm
    then should be blitz
    edited June 2012
    I see an aerial view of their booth, haven't seen anything game related yet. Granted i'm not watching every minute of it and have it muted.
    edited June 2012
    yeah same here 2 of the 4 cameras are online
    niether one seems to have gameplay footage
    edited June 2012
    says next up, counterstrike... though that was supposed to start 15 minutes ago.
    edited June 2012
    its going now
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Sayburr;4767108 said:
    No news is good news????

Maybe not in this case. Still, it looks like a late aug or sept release, which is fine with me. I will be buying this... heck, I will have over 1000 songs to play on it. So, it will be worth it to me.

Dance Central? Might be fun, but I don't plan on getting the Kinect any time soon, if at all. I doubt there will be anything released with kinect that I just have to play, so I will not worry about it until the NextBox is released, which I am sure will have it integrated, in 2013/14.

I feel the opposite. The only value for me in Blitz is the cheap additions to my Rock Band Library. That is a great per song price. I don't have time (I will have over 4K songs by then or really close) to play those songs in some other format of a game and clunk through them on plastic guitar and bass. Like I said though, good deal for me on the songs. I played Lego Rock Band for like 10 minutes and never actually played my GD Rock Band disc. Of course, I played the Beattles as it was the only option to play the songs.
    edited June 2012
    wonder which hmxer will do the demo?
    edited June 2012
    Nordhaus I'm assuming.