24. 654321
25. pepper
26. devil
27. princess
28. 1234567
29. iloveyou
30. career

from link

I'm legitimately shocked "password" didn't make the list.

My passwords are probably just as lame as some of these. I don't really have much that I care if it gets hacked, though. You want into my Facebook, my email? Fine, whatever.

Comments

• GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited June 2012
    I've never had any of these. o.o
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited June 2012
    I think im going to change all my usernames to SexJesus
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited June 2012
    Oh good, "poptart" isn't in there.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited June 2012
    I hate websites that restrict your passwords. If I want to have a stupid password, then let my account get screwed over. Sometimes they force you to have a number, sometimes they force you to have a certain amount of characters, sometimes they force you to have a capital letter or worst off they force you to have a password you didn't have before.

I freaking hate you Apple.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4769132 said:
    I think im going to change all my usernames to SexJesus

I'm gonna change my passwords to you don't **** with the Jesus.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited June 2012
    My password here got changed here so that I HAVE to have a capital, number, AND symbol.

*cough*creators.rockband.com*cough*
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I went super paranoid after the PSN hack.

This is what my passwords look like now: 668jksggj982o
    edited June 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4769136 said:
    I hate websites that restrict your passwords. If I want to have a stupid password, then let my account get screwed over. Sometimes they force you to have a number, sometimes they force you to have a certain amount of characters, sometimes they force you to have a capital letter or worst off they force you to have a password you didn't have before.

I freaking hate you Apple.

Capitalize the first letter or add a punctuation mark. Done.
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4769146 said:
    Capitalize the first letter or add a punctuation mark. Done.
    I have a few of those types of passwords, but the problem is I forget which websites I have what variation of what passwords for. I've burned through 8 Apple account passwords, because they keep ****ING FORCING ME TO KEEP CHANGING THEM JUST BECAUSE I USED THEM BEFORE! And ON TOP OF THAT, if you guess 3 times wrong, they lock your account and force you to change your password.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    edited June 2012
    My password has been the same for the longest time.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    I tend to agree with Cipher.

If someone really wants into your account, and they know what they're doing, you don't have much chance to stop them anyway. So why not just make a password you know you can remember?
    edited June 2012
    Marlboro;4769143 said:
    I went super paranoid after the PSN hack.

This is what my passwords look like now: 668jksggj982o

This isn't far from my own thoughts.
    edited June 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4769150 said:
    I have a few of those types of passwords, but the problem is I forget which websites I have what variation of what passwords for. I've burned through 8 Apple account passwords, because they keep ****ING FORCING ME TO KEEP CHANGING THEM JUST BECAUSE I USED THEM BEFORE! And ON TOP OF THAT, if you guess 3 times wrong, they lock your account and force you to change your password.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I suggest last pass. Its great program for generating passwords and saving them. And for a dollar a month you get access to mobile apps.
    edited June 2012
    www1221;4769158 said:
    I suggest last pass. Its great program for generating passwords and saving them. And for a dollar a month you get access to mobile apps.

This sounds stupid to me.
  • DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    My passwords are absolutely unhackable. Which is why I get annoyed when sites force you to change your password every so often. That and please, people who fall for phishing scams today won't be protected because they changed their passwords a week ago or even yesterday.
    edited June 2012
    Once I hacked my friends mail and subsequently his Facebook cause his secret question was "Mother's birthplace" and the answer was the actual answer.
    edited June 2012
    Marlboro;4769178 said:
    Once I hacked my friends mail and subsequently his Facebook cause his secret question was "Mother's birthplace" and the answer was the actual answer.

I never answer those with the actual answers.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited June 2012
    dragoninforcer;4769180 said:

I give correct answers, but I give impossibly specific ones. Like, for "Who was your childhood best friend?" I gave her full name, first, middle, and last.

But lying is a good strategy, too.

"What's your father's middle name?" Pogostick.

"What was your first pet's name?" Refrigerator.

"What was your first job?" Robot ninja.

"Where were you born?" Krypton.

"What was your high school's nickname?" The fighting Kilimanjaros.

And so on...
    edited June 2012
    Not many people know about my childhood; my high school years yeah, but that's the bulk of people know of locally or online.
    edited June 2012
    DerLindwurm;4769174 said:
    My passwords are absolutely unhackable. Which is why I get annoyed when sites force you to change your password every so often. That and please, people who fall for phishing scams today won't be protected because they changed their passwords a week ago or even yesterday.
    Every password is hackable, it just depends on the determination and the free time that the hacker has to do it.
    edited June 2012
    I answer those like it's a real person asking:

Who is your best friend: You know there's been no one better than you baby, now come give me the romance.
    edited June 2012
    bigmf;4769214 said:
    I answer those like it's a real person asking:

Who is your best friend: You know there's been no one better than you baby, now come give me the romance.

hahahahahahah

What about this one: What is the name of your favorite childhood teacher?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited June 2012
    dragoninforcer;4769180 said:

I always get "Wha'ts your Dogs name"

And her name is "PJ"

And it always tells me that it is too short of a response.
    edited June 2012
    Marlboro;4769222 said:
    hahahahahahah

What about this one: What is the name of your favorite childhood teacher?

"she called herself Crystal but I don't think that was here real name. She "taught" on the corner of 4th and 17th"
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited June 2012
    Other really commonly used passwords include 1qaz2wsx, 1q2w3e4r, and the like. Try to stay away form those.

I remember an old security joke that went something like, "Dammit, I named my password after my dog, and now I have to change it? I'm sorry, #s9s1faj!_291ba old boy, I wanted to dedicate something to you..."
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited June 2012
    OMG, how did my passwords end up on this site?!?!?!
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    The sites that annoy me are the ones that force you into a password that's only 6-8 characters long. That can be brute forced within a matter of days.

Let me have my 20+ character password plzkthx.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited June 2012
    CJHobbes;4770112 said:
    The sites that annoy me are the ones that force you into a password that's only 6-8 characters long. That can be brute forced within a matter of days.

Let me have my 20+ character password plzkthx.

Also annoying from an interface design is when a site only allows, say, 15 characters maximum for a password, but doesn't limit the password field to 15 characters.

6-8 character passwords are okay so long as there's a login limit and block.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited June 2012
    what I hate are sites that require passwords without any same characters, requires a capital letter, special character AND a number.